NightHawkBuzz

I feel more comfortable running as a Democrat but I have more republican views

243 posts in this topic

What should I do if I feel more comfortable running as a Democrat but I have way more republican views. 

Basically the reason I feel this way is because I am mixed with white and black. I do feel like the Republican Party still has a lot of racism in it and they don't choose  candidates of color often to have higher positions. 

I feel like I would be prohibited from moving up the field the way that I would like because of my mixed race background and I would be stopped from moving up to higher positions. 

However I tend to agree with republicans on more issues than I do democrats and I feel I have more republican goals. 

What should I do?

Please list your likes and dislikes for both sides!

"However I tend to agree with republicans on more issues than I do democrats and I feel I have more republican goals." 

Share with us the Republican issues and goals you resonate with!

Try to stay with facts that can be verified by several sources......

Posted (edited)

Left wing of the GOP ? 

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

13 hours ago, DLH said:

Please list your likes and dislikes for both sides!

"However I tend to agree with republicans on more issues than I do democrats and I feel I have more republican goals." 

Share with us the Republican issues and goals you resonate with!

Try to stay with facts that can be verified by several sources......

@DLH Okay I included a list of things below. Let me know what you think. 

The things that I want to accomplish that I feel can be done in either party includes the following list below. 

1. Space Travel Research 

2. UFO research 

3.  Growing the economy 

4. Preventing animal cruelty 

5. Building a strong military

5. Lowering Taxes 

The goals and issues of Republicans that resonate with me include the list of the following below. 

1. Passing a bill that the only genders recognized by the US government are male and female and they are assigned at birth 

2. Preventing transgender people from participating in women's sports and the military.  

3. I am for traditional marriage only not gay marriage 

4. Travel ban on certain countries coming in the US. 

5. Being tough on illegal immigration and deportation. 

6. Attempting to end birthright citizenship  

7. Passing a bill that prevents transgender people from using the same bathroom of the opposite sex. 

8. Preventing gay adoption. 

Things I like about the democrat party are listed below.

1. Pro choice abortion advocates.

2. They tend to believe in climate change. 

3. Pro Gun Control.

Things I dislike about the democrat party are below. 

1. Very high pro lgbtq advocates and advance for a lot of pro lgbtq rights. 

Things I like about the Republican Party are listed below. 

1. Very tough of border security 

2. Opposing the advancement of lgbtq rights. 

3. They advocate that English is our national language and that is what should be spoken not Spanish. 

Things I dislike about the Republican Party are listed below. 

1. Anti abortion advocates

2. They tend to be climate change deniers 

3. Anti gun control. 

8 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Left wing of the GOP ? 

@Schizophonia Yeah maybe I still feel like I might be prevented from moving up the ranks like I want to because of the racism in the party. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks for taking the time to respond and listing your likes and dislikes!

Now comes the hard work!

The goals and issues of Republicans that resonate with me include the list of the following below.

1. Passing a bill that the only genders recognized by the US government are male and female and they are assigned at birth

2. Preventing transgender people from participating in women's sports and the military. 

7. Passing a bill that prevents transgender people from using the same bathroom of the opposite sex.

It seems you have a huge emotional investment in traditional Gender Identification.

Can you share with us why you have such a strong belief and emotional adversity towards genders that do not fall into the traditional labels of male and female?

Have you had any bad experiences with LGBTIQQ people in the past?

Did you grow up in a religious family or with peers that have strong religious belief systems?

I am not suggesting there is a right or wrong, but if you are spending time in Spiritual forums such as Leo’s, you are most likely trying to expanded your awareness and consciousness.  If that is the case, the work starts with you understanding your core belief systems and emotional attachments!

Things I like about the democrat party are listed below.

3. Pro Gun Control.

These seem to be positive beliefs!

Why do you believe woman should have the “Freedom” to elect what they do with there body?

1. Very high pro lgbtq advocates and advance for a lot of pro lgbtq rights.

Do any of these LGBTIQQ rights affect you personally?

If yes, please explain?

3. They advocate that English is our national language and that is what should be spoken not Spanish.

What makes you so sure that Republicans are tough on border security?

Border security has been a huge Republican talking point for almost 50 years, so why haven’t the Republicans solved the border issues while they have been in power?

The same goes for the Democrats, why haven’t they solved the border issues?

Dig deep into the hidden agendas, manipulation and political and media sensationalism about this issue.

Research the worlds demographics in age, how the developed countries are aging, birth rates, do we have enough young people to support the reversing up-side-down economic pyramid system!

If No! how do we solve this growing issue?

How is the economic system going to support a top-heavy pyramid population that is going to be over 60?  

Are the Democrats trying to advocate that Spanish is the US national language?

Do you disapprove of Europeans that have immigrated to the US in the last 300 years from speaking there language when they are with people that speak there old home country language?  

How does people speaking another language affect your well being?

3. Anti gun control.

Why do many, not all, Republicans hold these beliefs?

Dig deep, where are they getting these beliefs and why are they so emotionally attached to these beliefs and issues?

Getting back to your original post! 

What should I do if I feel more comfortable running as a Democrat but I have way more republican views. 

Basically the reason I feel this way is because I am mixed with white and black. I do feel like the Republican Party still has a lot of racism in it and they don't choose  candidates of color often to have higher positions. 

I feel like I would be prohibited from moving up the field the way that I would like because of my mixed race background and I would be stopped from moving up to higher positions. 

However I tend to agree with republicans on more issues than I do democrats and I feel I have more republican goals. 

What should I do?

Answer!

If you want to exceed in finding where you fit in, what direction to take, what your purpose in this life is, you will need to seek the answers from within!  It begins with understanding your thoughts, ideas, beliefs and your emotional attachments!

In Spiritual terms, it means doing the "Work".  Shadow Work!

The rewards are infinite!

The possibilities are endless!

Edited by DLH

@DLH I underlined my responses to your questions. 

16 hours ago, DLH said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond and listing your likes and dislikes!

Now comes the hard work!

2. Preventing transgender people from participating in women's sports and the military. 

It seems you have a huge emotional investment in traditional Gender Identification.

Can you share with us why you have such a strong belief and emotional adversity towards genders that do not fall into the traditional labels of male and female?

I believe that there are only two genders male and female. I believe that it is wrong for people to be trying to push the idea that there are different genders. I believe that by people creating and making different genders up that could negatively influence other people into participating into these behaviors as well. 

I have had bad experiences with this community in the past. I have seen this community in the past be extremely disrespectful and rude. I believe that it is a mistake to give so much acceptance into this community because then some people will be negatively influenced into participating in it as well. 

Did you grow up in a religious family or with peers that have strong religious belief systems?

I did grow up in a Christian household and I do hold on to these religious values. 

I am not suggesting there is a right or wrong, but if you are spending time in Spiritual forums such as Leo’s, you are most likely trying to expanded your awareness and consciousness.  If that is the case, the work starts with you understanding your core belief systems and emotional attachments!

Things I like about the democrat party are listed below.

3. Pro Gun Control.

These seem to be positive beliefs!

Why do you believe woman should have the “Freedom” to elect what they do with there body?

I believe that no woman should be forced to give birth to a baby that they do not want. I feel that it is wrong to force a woman to give birth to a baby they do not want. 

1. Very high pro lgbtq advocates and advance for a lot of pro lgbtq rights.

If yes, please explain?

Yes they do the LGBTQ community just isn't around I've been in situations where it has extremely negatively affected my life and it was a horrible thing. I can't accept the LGBTQ community because it just isn't accepted it negatively influences other people as well. 

The border wall that Trump was building was securing the border and he was cracking down on illegal immigration. 

Border security has been a huge Republican talking point for almost 50 years, so why haven’t the Republicans solved the border issues while they have been in power?

I feel they were working towards that goal. 

I feel like it's worse now because of Biden because there are more migrants here than ever. 

Dig deep into the hidden agendas, manipulation and political and media sensationalism about this issue.

Research the worlds demographics in age, how the developed countries are aging, birth rates, do we have enough young people to support the reversing up-side-down economic pyramid system!

If No! how do we solve this growing issue?

How is the economic system going to support a top-heavy pyramid population that is going to be over 60?  

No they are not trying to advocate that but I do feel like Republicans would be more forceful in making sure that English stays the dominate language more than democrats. 

Do you disapprove of Europeans that have immigrated to the US in the last 300 years from speaking there language when they are with people that speak there old home country language?  

Can you clarify what you mean by this question? I am a little confused on it.  

It affects my well being because I fear one day that English won't be the dominate language. 

3. Anti gun control.

Dig deep, where are they getting these beliefs and why are they so emotionally attached to these beliefs and issues?

When it comes to abortion they believe that a life is inside of the womb and you are killing a baby when you have an abortion. 

Also, they believe that climate change is a hoax and isn't real. 

They believe that guns shouldn't be taken away from people and that it is there rights to own these weapons. 

Getting back to your original post! 

What should I do?

Answer!

If you want to exceed in finding where you fit in, what direction to take, what your purpose in this life is, you will need to seek the answers from within!  It begins with understanding your thoughts, ideas, beliefs and your emotional attachments!

In Spiritual terms, it means doing the "Work".  Shadow Work!

The rewards are infinite!

The possibilities are endless!

@DLH

This video furthers explains why I have an anti LGBTQ agenda and why I dislike the advancement of it. 

If you watch this video it explains how there are three steps to the LGBTQ community and a lot of people are never aware of the last step of the community. 

There are three steps to this he talks about.

1. First step is to Tolerate the existence of the community 

2. Second step is to Celebrate the existence of the community 

3. The Third step which is the one that most people don't realize comes with all of the LGBTQ acceptance is now we want you to Participate in this community. 

This third step is why I am very anti lgbtq as I know that this is what happens when a community like this is being tolerated and accepted in society.  

Posted (edited)

Well if you join a party you better be prepared to receive criticism for whatever the party does.

All political parties are rotten in different ways.

You clearly don't fit into the mold of either party. I think your time is better spent presenting a vision for a total reformation of an existing one. You might find a way to be less rotten 

Minor parties are not worth your time. When has a once-minor party ever held an ounce of power?

And I might suggest your policies need a lot of thought still. I see a hint of emotion and group-think without developing original, practical, compassionate ideas. 

Example: Lowering taxes. For who? Billionaires? Common-folk? Why? Who does it benefit? Who does it disappoint? 

Example 2: Against LGBT rights. Why? 'They have had a negative impact' is not good enough. How are they doing more harm then good? Will repressing them do more harm then good? How can you help LGBT people meet their needs without whatever negative effects you're perceiving? If you were gay, how would you feel about whatever laws you want to enact? Is what you perceive as negative even true? 

Edited by Staples

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

I have had bad experiences with this community in the past. I have seen this community in the past be extremely disrespectful and rude. I believe that it is a mistake to give so much acceptance into this community because then some people will be negatively influenced into participating in it as well. 

Please give concrete examples where and how this community in the past be extremely disrespectful and rude!

I believe that it is a mistake to give so much acceptance into this community because then some people will be negatively influenced into participating in it as well. 

Why do you believe it is a mistake?  You need to dig deeper into your beliefs!  Where did you get these beliefs?  

Please give examples of your bad experiences!

Who will be negatively influenced?

Why do you care about other people participating?

I did grow up in a Christian household and I do hold on to these religious values. 

Do you believe these Christian values should be accepted by everyone?

Should they be forced onto everyone?

If yes, please explain?

Yes they do the LGBTQ community just isn't around I've been in situations where it has extremely negatively affected my life and it was a horrible thing. I can't accept the LGBTQ community because it just isn't accepted it negatively influences other people as well. 

Please explain!

How did it extremely negatively affected my life and it was a horrible thing? 

it just isn't accepted  Who doesn't accept it?  What group of people doesn't accept it?

The border wall that Trump was building was securing the border and he was cracking down on illegal immigration. 

Are you sure?  Is this a fact supported by several unbiased sources?

Research the definition of  "Confirmation Bias"!

I feel they were working towards that goal. 

What you feel and what is real are two different things!

Please provide concrete evidence that what they are working on is actually make a difference?

I feel like it's worse now because of Biden because there are more migrants here than ever. 

You may want to look at the statistics of illegal border crossing when Trump was in power and while Biden is in power!

Try to find several independent unbiased sources!   

No they are not trying to advocate that but I do feel like Republicans would be more forceful in making sure that English stays the dominate language more than democrats. 

Where did you get the belief that the English language may become secondary.

Can you clarify what you mean by this question? I am a little confused on it.  

Sorry for the confusion!

USA dose not only get immigrants from Spanish speaking immigrants from the south.  They also get immigrants from Europe which speak German, French, Polish, Italian, etc.  When they arrive in the US they have a tendency to speak there home country language because it is easier for them when they are with people that speak there mother tongue language!

So my question to you: do you also disapprove of European immigrants from speaking there language?  

Where did your ancestors come from?

It affects my well being because I fear one day that English won't be the dominate language. 

What makes you fear that one day that English won't be the dominate language?

Where did you get this fear?

How does this fear belief affect your well being? Give examples!

When it comes to abortion they believe that a life is inside of the womb and you are killing a baby when you have an abortion. 

Also, they believe that climate change is a hoax and isn't real. 

They believe that guns shouldn't be taken away from people and that it is there rights to own these weapons. 

Why do they have these beliefs?

Where do these beliefs come from?

How do these beliefs affect others that don't share these beliefs?

Do they represent the majority of the American population?

Are these beliefs from "FEAR" or from "LOVE"?

Last questions!

Where do beliefs come from? 

We know where babies come from, and we know what needs to happen scientifically before you have a baby!

But what needs to happen before a belief becomes a belief? 

You are doing great!

Keep doing the WORK!

Edited by DLH

@DLH Apologies for the delay in my response I was super busy with work here are my responses below!

On 8/6/2024 at 6:46 AM, DLH said:

Please give concrete examples where and how this community in the past be extremely disrespectful and rude!

I have dealt with situations in the past where this community has tried to "accuse" or "out" me for being gay even though I never was. I went to a school where the culture was to be extremely rude and disrespectful about sexuality and to accuse or out everyone for being gay even if they weren't. This is what I had to experience with the LGTBQ community. 

I believe that it is a mistake to give so much acceptance into this community because then some people will be negatively influenced into participating in it as well. 

Why do you believe it is a mistake?  You need to dig deeper into your beliefs!  Where did you get these beliefs?  

I believe it is a mistake because the more this community gets accepted the more it could negatively influence other people to participate this negative behavior. For example the more the LGBTQ community gets accepted that could expose other people to it and get them to considered being apart of a community they never even thought of in the first place. 

Please give examples of your bad experiences!

Examples are below. 

1. Being "accused" or "outed" for being gay even though I never was in the first place. 

2. Being exposed so much to the LGBTQ community in high school which was an extremely negative experience because it was talked about constantly. 

Who will be negatively influenced?

Adults, teenagers and kids could be negative influenced by the pushing of the LGBTQ community. 

Why do you care about other people participating?

I care about other people participating because if they participate they could attempt to negatively influence me to get involved one day. 

Do you believe these Christian values should be accepted by everyone?

I do believe that these values should be accepted by everyone in society. 

Should they be forced onto everyone?

I don't feel Christian beliefs should be forced onto everyone but I also feel that the LGBTQ community beliefs shouldn't be forced onto everyone either. 

Please explain!

How did it extremely negatively affected my life and it was a horrible thing? 

Because in high school I went to a heavily LGBTQ community and it was a nightmare trying to handle the situation that was happening in the school. It affected my life because homosexuality was everywhere and talked about constantly at the school. 

it just isn't accepted  Who doesn't accept it?  What group of people doesn't accept it?

I don't feel that the LGBTQ community should be accepted because of the harmful and negative consequences it has in society. 

Are you sure?  Is this a fact supported by several unbiased sources?

Research the definition of  "Confirmation Bias"!

What you feel and what is real are two different things!

Please provide concrete evidence that what they are working on is actually make a difference?

Well when Trump was building the border wall and deporting illegal immigrants that was when he was making a difference. 

You may want to look at the statistics of illegal border crossing when Trump was in power and while Biden is in power!

Try to find several independent unbiased sources!   

Where did you get the belief that the English language may become secondary.

I just believe while more migrants and illegal immigrants come into the future Spanish could be our national language not English. 

Sorry for the confusion!

USA dose not only get immigrants from Spanish speaking immigrants from the south.  They also get immigrants from Europe which speak German, French, Polish, Italian, etc.  When they arrive in the US they have a tendency to speak there home country language because it is easier for them when they are with people that speak there mother tongue language!

So my question to you: do you also disapprove of European immigrants from speaking there language?  

No I do not disapprove the European immigrants speaking their language as long as that nor Spanish doesn't become the dominate language in the US.

Where did your ancestors come from?

My ancestors came from Sweden and Liberia. 

What makes you fear that one day that English won't be the dominate language?

I wouldn't want that language to become the dominate one either. 

Where did you get this fear?

I see more commercials in Spanish now and more migrants who happen to be hispanic coming into the US.  

How does this fear belief affect your well being? Give examples!

It affects my well being because I would have to adjust and learn a whole new language instead of English. 

Why do they have these beliefs?

I have these beliefs because I believe they well affect my well being and I would have to learn a whole new language. 

Where do these beliefs come from?

They come from the growing number of migrants and illegal immigrants coming into the country. 

How do these beliefs affect others that don't share these beliefs?

They will be affected by a toughing on border security and illegal immigration. 

Do they represent the majority of the American population?

English speaking people represent the majority of the American Population. 

Are these beliefs from "FEAR" or from "LOVE"?

They are from fear. 

Last questions!

Where do beliefs come from? 

Beliefs come from your own thoughts, behaviors and background. 

We know where babies come from, and we know what needs to happen scientifically before you have a baby!

But what needs to happen before a belief becomes a belief? 

You have to have that belief yourself for it to come a belief. 

You are doing great!

Keep doing the WORK!

@Leo Gura Do you have any thoughts on what else I can do to further my political goals for the future?

Right now I am currently doing these things below. 

1. Volunteering for a political campaign 

2. Getting a masters degree in public policy 

3. I recently attended a political event to get more experience about what it is like to be in politics. 

First off, you wouldn't be voted for if you ran as a Democrat because your social values are extremely far right.

Now, it is possible to run as a conservative. There are non-white Republicans that get elected. But I'll give it to you straight that there would be a lot of major obstacles and there probably would be a cap to how high you could climb in the Republican Party based on your demographic factors alone.

But if you wanted to run as a conservative, one thing to understand about people who would tend to share your very strong anti-lgbt values to the point where they would vote on a candidate who MOSTLY promised that (which is probably about half of conservatives), is that most of them are very traditional and focused towards there being a right way and a wrong way to be.

And that's why they have the strong anti-lgbt values in the first place.

So, in their eyes there's a right race/nationality/ethnicity... there's a right gender... there's a right sexuality... there's a right religion... there's a right way to structure a family... and there's a right way to live your life.

And in the eyes of many in that traditionalist constituency, anything that colors outside of the lines of those factors will be seen as either inferior (and therefore unfit for leadership) or an immoral aberration that needs to be outlawed or eliminated.

And many with your anti-lgbt values would likely look at being anything other than pure white as inferior... and look at miscegenation with the same level of ire that you have for gay and trans people.

They would unfortunately see you being mixed race as an indicator of degeneracy... and interracial couples as something they would outlaw if they were in a position to do so in the same way that you would overturn gay marriage if given the opportunity.

So, it would be a tough path ahead if you wanted to run for office as a conservative because about half of the base (the half that would be most in alignment with your anti-gay values) would be turned off by your demographic factors and even outright hostile to them for the SAME EXACT reason that you have anti-gay values.... because they wouldn't want what they would see as an aberration to be normalized.

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

It's simply impossible for you to be a democrat if you have anti-lgbt values. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Posted (edited)

On 8/5/2024 at 9:04 AM, DLH said:

Just being completely honest so you dont waste your life pursuing this. You will never be elected to any position of power for any party in the 21st century USA with these very antiquated and outdated ideas. The anti gay stuff will make it impossible for anyone to vote for you because it would be an overt admission of homophobia and "siding with the wrong side of history"

Edited by Phil King

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Phil King said:

Just being completely honest so you dont waste your life pursuing this. You will never be elected to any position of power for any party in the 21st century USA with these very antiquated and outdated ideas. The anti gay stuff will make it impossible for anyone to vote for you because it would be an overt admission of homophobia and "siding with the wrong side of history"

@Phil King Your perspective is so wrong because literally the Speaker of the House Mike Johnson is anti LGBTQ and he was elected to office so you are so wrong on this. 

Edited by NightHawkBuzz

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

It's simply impossible for you to be a democrat if you have anti-lgbt values. 

@Buck Edwards I can't change my anti lgbtq values either. 

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

Your perspective is so wrong because literally the Speaker of the House Mike Johnson is anti LGBTQ and he was elected to office so you are so wrong on this. 

May be true with voters who are above the age of 60 but you will soon see America become even more open to LGBTQ+ community. Just study spiral dynamics and you can see a clear trend towards younger people being more stage green and open to diverse perspectives.

The republican party will go through a huge restructuring in the next 10-20 years as society develops and baby boomers die along with their outdated ideas. By the time you have a chance to even run for speaker of the house, it would be unthinkable to be openly anti gay. Also even if gay marriage is banned, there will still be gay people fucking eachother and living together so...

But you do you. If you genuinely feel your calling in life is to command the sexual wills of hundreds of millions of people along with oppressing peoples identity, go for it. I just dont think it will lead to a fulfilling life is all

Edited by Phil King

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

First off, you wouldn't be voted for if you ran as a Democrat because your social values are extremely far right.

Now, it is possible to run as a conservative. There are non-white Republicans that get elected. But I'll give it to you straight that there would be a lot of major obstacles and there probably would be a cap to how high you could climb in the Republican Party based on your demographic factors alone.

But if you wanted to run as a conservative, one thing to understand about people who would tend to share your very strong anti-lgbt values to the point where they would vote on a candidate who MOSTLY promised that (which is probably about half of conservatives), is that most of them are very traditional and focused towards there being a right way and a wrong way to be.

And that's why they have the strong anti-lgbt values in the first place.

So, in their eyes there's a right race/nationality/ethnicity... there's a right gender... there's a right sexuality... there's a right religion... there's a right way to structure a family... and there's a right way to live your life.

And in the eyes of many in that traditionalist constituency, anything that colors outside of the lines of those factors will be seen as either inferior (and therefore unfit for leadership) or an immoral aberration that needs to be outlawed or eliminated.

And many with your anti-lgbt values would likely look at being anything other than pure white as inferior... and look at miscegenation with the same level of ire that you have for gay and trans people.

They would unfortunately see you being mixed race as an indicator of degeneracy... and interracial couples as something they would outlaw if they were in a position to do so in the same way that you would overturn gay marriage if given the opportunity.

So, it would be a tough path ahead if you wanted to run for office as a conservative because about half of the base (the half that would be most in alignment with your anti-gay values) would be turned off by your demographic factors and even outright hostile to them for the SAME EXACT reason that you have anti-gay values.... because they wouldn't want what they would see as an aberration to be normalized.

@Emerald Yeah I know it I will be more difficult for me but I cannot go against my values. I don't believe that the LGBTQ community should be recognized at all and I can't turn back on that. 

7 minutes ago, Phil King said:

May be true with voters who are above the age of 60 but you will soon see America become even more open to LGBTQ+ community. Just study spiral dynamics and you can see a clear trend towards younger people being more stage green and open to diverse perspectives.

The republican party will go through a huge restructuring in the next 10-20 years as society develops and baby boomers die along with their outdated ideas. By the time you have a chance to even run for speaker of the house, it would be unthinkable to be openly anti gay. Also even if gay marriage is banned, there will still be gay people fucking eachother and living together so...

But you do you. If you genuinely feel your calling in life is to command the sexual wills of hundreds of millions of people along with oppressing peoples identity, go for it. I just dont think it will lead to a fulfilling life is all

@Phil King It might be true but I just can't accept open homosexuality it is an extremely dangerous lifestyle that is harmful for everyone in society.