NightHawkBuzz

I feel more comfortable running as a Democrat but I have more republican views

243 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@mattm33 We will be living in a culture were people will be curious or influenced to be bisexual and homosexual because that is what they are heavily exposed to and seen in society. 

Why would this be harmful to society? I don't understand.

13 minutes ago, mattm33 said:

Why would this be harmful to society? I don't understand.

@mattm33 Because whatever you want to think gayness and homosexuality are not considered normal behaviors. 

The mass majority of people are not homosexual and abnormal behaviors like this shouldn't be accepted in society. 

We need to put a stop to it. 

Why does it matter it it's not normal? How is it hurting anyone? Why do we need to put a stop to it? How is it hurting society? You are not explaining anything. Think about it more deeply. Why? Why? Why? keep asking... ahhhh

@mattm33 I have an exercise for you:

Why? Why? Why is homosexuality demonized? What is the purpose?

Contemplate.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Contemplate.

@Leo Gura Because it's considered a strange, unusual, abnormal behavior. 

Think about it if 95% of the world's population is straight and only 5% claim that they are gay. 

Many people from that 95% would find behavior like that strange because that's not what the mass majority of society does. 

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Contemplate.

That's what I'm asking him to explain. I've been trying to contemplate it since I was sucked into this thread. Some please illuminate me. None of what this person is saying makes sense to me.

3 minutes ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@Leo Gura Because it's considered a strange, unusual, abnormal behavior. 

Think about it if 95% of the world's population is straight and only 5% claim that they are gay. 

Many people from that 95% would find behavior like that strange because that's not what the mass majority of society does. 

Why does it matter it it's not normal? How is it hurting anyone? Why do we need to put a stop to it? How is it hurting society? You are not explaining anything. Think about it more deeply. Why? Why? Why? keep asking... ahhhh

2 minutes ago, mattm33 said:

That's what I'm asking him to explain. I've been trying to contemplate it since I was sucked into this thread. Some please illuminate me. None of what this person is saying makes sense to me. I thought maybe gay children of men type scenario...

23 minutes ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

Because it's considered a strange, unusual, abnormal behavior. 

Is it always the case that not being normal is bad? Or no

11 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

Is it always the case that not being normal is bad? Or no

@Jacob Morres No but in this case it is.

The mass majority of people are straight and that's why like I said people that "claim to be gay" have changed the hormones inside their body.

Your body is designed to want to mate and reproduce with the opposite sex. 

You are literally changing the hormones inside your body for anyone that is gay.

That's why most people aren't gay because most don't change the horomones inside their body. 

40 minutes ago, mattm33 said:

That's what I'm asking him to explain.

No!

You contemplate.

You don't need anyone to tell you.

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No!

You contemplate.

You don't need anyone to tell you.

Simple, rape was used as a method of domination and war on men for forming status hierarchies, similar to how it suddenly appears so commonly in prisons or war where rules of civilization collapse, so over time that trauma caused prejudice against gays and developed into adopting anti homosexual regulations which ended up in religions and were passed down. 
Probably this is a reason why the taliban were particularly harsh on it as many of them were actually raped by US backed war lords when they were trained as child soldiers.

Edited by Raze

6 minutes ago, Raze said:

Simple, rape was used as a method of domination and war on men for forming status hierarchies, similar to how it suddenly appears so commonly in...

No. No. No!

Contemplate again, from scratch.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Raze said:

Simple, rape was used as a method of domination and war on men for forming status hierarchies, similar to how it suddenly appears so commonly in prisons or war where rules of civilization collapse, so over time that trauma caused prejudice against gays and developed into adopting anti homosexual regulations which ended up in religions and were passed down. 
Probably this is a reason why the taliban were particularly harsh on it as many of them were actually raped by US backed war lords when they were trained as child soldiers.

I disagree. Even without any rapes, homosexuality is still seen as an error on the appropriate target for sex and therefore an abomination that is intrusive to the inherent senses of a conservative brain. When conservatives tell you to them its akin to bestiality, they are actually articulating their position as accurately as possible. To them this is what it is. It matters not to them if a human is not a beast, it's still comparable to them because the condition isn't human or beast, but the appropriateness of the target for sex.

To answer Leo, for people who hold traditional values, and prioritize a type of social order, demonizing homosexuality can be understood as an attempt to protect the perceived moral and social fabric of society.

Edited by gambler

1 minute ago, gambler said:

demonizing homosexuality can be understood as an attempt to protect the perceived moral and social fabric of society.

Why?

Why does it matter?

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why?

Why does it matter?

Because certain social norms that are traditional include being able to delay gratification, wanting to have families, being able to have a lasting marriage, and this type of stuff. Acceptance of homosexuality is perceived as a threat to this order because you are saying forget this type of schemas, let's go with some other type of schemas. One that is more about individual desires. But this can create a culture of hedonism and then that would be anti-thetical to the norms conservatives want to preserve.

Edited by gambler

4 minutes ago, gambler said:

I disagree. Even without any rapes, homosexuality is still seen as an error on the appropriate target for sex and therefore an abomination that is intrusive to the inherent senses of a conservative brain. When conservatives tell you to them its akin to bestiality, they are actually articulating their position as accurately as possible. To them this is what it is. It matters not to them if a human is not a beast, it's still comparable to them because the condition isn't human or beast, but the appropriateness of the target for sex.

To answer Leo, for people who hold traditional values, and prioritize a type of social order, demonizing homosexuality can be understood as an attempt to protect the perceived moral and social fabric of society.

The conservative homophobia today stems from religions, mostly Abrahamic ones. Societies that pre-date them such as Greece and Rome had normalized homosexuality even among conservatives.

1 minute ago, gambler said:

Because certain social norms that are traditional include being able to delay gratification, wanting to have families, being able to have a lasting marriage, and this type of stuff. Acceptance of homosexuality is perceived as a threat to this order because you are saying forget this type of schemas, let's go with some other type of schemas. One that is more about individual desires. But this can create a culture of hedonism and then that would be anti-thetical to the norms conservatives want to preserve.

That doesn’t conflict with what I said, I’m offering a perspective on where the origin of believing it’s a perceived threat comes from.

Just now, Raze said:

The conservative homophobia today stems from religions, mostly Abrahamic ones. Societies that pre-date them such as Greece and Rome had normalized homosexuality even among conservatives.

I disagree. I'm as ultra conservative in my nature as it gets. I remember being told about homosexuality as a first grader and looked at the ground horrified. I don't recall being this horrified upon a revelation in my entire life. I never even had a concept of religion or knew anything about it as a first grader.

Just now, gambler said:

I disagree. I'm as ultra conservative in my nature as it gets. I remember being told about homosexuality as a first grader and looked at the ground horrified. I don't recall being this horrified upon a revelation in my entire life. I never even had a concept of religion or knew anything about it as a first grader.

You’d feel the same way if you walked in on your parents going at it but conservatives are A-ok with that