NightHawkBuzz

I feel more comfortable running as a Democrat but I have more republican views

243 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 8/8/2024 at 9:53 PM, NightHawkBuzz said:

Are these beliefs from "FEAR" or from "LOVE"?

They are from fear. 

Fear is the route of all suffering when you attach it to a belief system, an ideology, and then projected it out onto the world

This fear projection onto the world is a false, misguided, and a delusional hope of eliminating the cause of the fear you have attached your identity and ego on!

I was a Christian in my younger years, but soon realized that most of the teachings, (from my perspective) were mainly based on fear and a means to control the masses to suppress an individual’s freedom of “Beingness”.  The teaching also suppress the freedom to chose ones own journey and creative expression.

From my perspective, when you project fear intentionally onto the world, individuals, groups, and ideas that do not align with your own beliefs, wouldn't God considered this to be one of the greatest “Christian Sins” one can commit as a human?  

If God has “Lovingly” given you the freedom to chose whatever belief you wish to attach yourself to!  Whether right or wrong!  Why are you not giving that same freedom to others?

Are you above God?

Do you really want to play judge and jury?

Wouldn't you rather want to share the same “Love” and "Freedom" that God has giving you, to share with the rest of the world?

On another note:

As for your struggles to chose a political party.  Why are you so intent on attaching yourself to other peoples’ ideas, dogmas, beliefs, and ideologies?

God has given you the freedom to express your “own beliefs and creativity”, which by the way, are constantly changing as you expand your awareness and consciousness.

Nothing stands still.  When you close yourself off from the infinite expressions of God and the infinite forms of human beingness, you create suffering!  

When you choose to attach yourself and your identity to a strongly held narrow-minded belief and ideology, you are subjecting yourself to stagnation and self-inflicted pain and anguish.  Why would you do this to yourself?

Do not sacrifice your God given gift to freely express your uniqueness to the world by projecting your fear on to others!

Just a thought!

Why have you not considered being an independent?

Being independent, being unique, and having the freedom to share your "unconditional love" towards freedom and unimpeded expression of creativity is one of the highest forms of Love that God can bestow onto humanity!

Just sharing a few thoughts and ideas!

And like my grandpappy used to say, "do as you like, and live another day in freedom!

Edited by DLH

17 hours ago, ICURBlessings said:

Is the following what you call an explanation:

“Society cannot give its stamp of approval to such a dangerous lifestyle. If we change marriage for this tiny, modern minority, we will have to do it for every deviant group. Polygamists, polyamorists, pedophiles, and others will be next in line to claim equal protection. They already are. There will be no legal basis to deny a bisexual the right to marry a partner of each sex, or a person to marry his pet.”

I will be direct here, this statement and argument is inherently unsound, it is a type of logic that is fundamentally invalid. I am flabbergasted that you really believe that cross gender right to marriage would lead to some social support for pedophilia!?! Please tell me you recognize the insanity of your argument.

@ICURBlessings  Yeah I don't agree with everything that Mike Johnson said in his quote I do think that trying to make the claim that accepting gay marriage would lead to support for pedophilia is very ridiculous. 

However I do agree with his stance that it is a dangerous lifestyle and other abnormal behaviors and lifestyle changes would have to be accepted as well. I think it is one of the most dangerous things in the world. 

2 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@ICURBlessings  Yeah I don't agree with everything that Mike Johnson said in his quote I do think that trying to make the claim that accepting gay marriage would lead to support for pedophilia is very ridiculous. 

However I do agree with his stance that it is a dangerous lifestyle and other abnormal behaviors and lifestyle changes would have to be accepted as well. I think it is one of the most dangerous things in the world. 

Is your fear that you personally would be influenced or forced to engage in homosexual behavior if the LGBTQ community is fully accepted?

What is it about LGBTQ people that you PERSONALLY find dangerous? How do you believe it would impact you?

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

Posted (edited)

@NightHawkBuzz

Do you know what is one of the most important factors for why Christianity continues to exist?

Edited by Nemra

4 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

Can you explain the 'danger' that you are referring to - Please?

On 8/11/2024 at 4:54 PM, ICURBlessings said:

Can you explain the 'danger' that you are referring to - Please?

@ICURBlessings The danger is that if we allow homosexuality to be open and accepted in society as normal it could potentially influence other people who aren't homosexual to participate in such dangerous behavior. 

It's dangerous behavior because homosexuality is about people changing the hormones inside their body and if we allow it to considered normal in society other people could be influenced to change the hormones inside their body as wel. 

On 8/11/2024 at 3:10 PM, Emerald said:

Is your fear that you personally would be influenced or forced to engage in homosexual behavior if the LGBTQ community is fully accepted?

What is it about LGBTQ people that you PERSONALLY find dangerous? How do you believe it would impact you?

@Emerald Yes that is what happens when communities like this are accepted and then celebrated the last step is they want you to participate in the community. 

Either they want you to join the LGBTQ community or you have to have something to do with this particular group. That is why I personally find this so dangerous. 

I believe it impacts me because these communities don't just want to be accepted in society they will then try to force or influence you to participate in this behavior. 

On 8/10/2024 at 11:45 PM, Leo Gura said:

@NightHawkBuzz But Leo, what happens if we give blacks rights and then, God forbid, these blacks don't just live quitely alone, but start to gather in groups and do black things?!

To accept human rights means to allow people to live their rights as freely as you do, not within some cage that you set up for them.

No one is forcing you to engage in gay sex. But rights means that gays have a right to influence culture as much as non-gays. You don't have a right to tell gays to shut up and not influence culture. If you wanna argue that you do have that right, fine, then I will argue that I have the right to lock Christians in a cage.

@Leo Gura I feel like you might be comparing two different things though. Race and sexuality are different to me. 

I have a problem with the LGBTQ community because like you said they can influence culture as much as non-gays. 

That's why I said there are three steps in this process when you accept a community like this. The last step in all of this participation. 

A community like this will try to influence or force you to engage in this behavior even if you don't want to. I won't be influenced but they could influence other people to engage in this behavior and culture by being accepted into society. 

I want gays not to influence culture because when they do that what happens is that they can influence other people into engaging into homosexual behavior when they weren't even thinking like that in the first place. 

Do you understand what I am saying the big problem with this is that they can influence or force other people into engaging into the LGBTQ community. 

Posted (edited)

"What do I find threatening to my worldview about other people's legal, respectful and consenting sex lives?"

Edited by UnbornTao

1 hour ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

Do you understand what I am saying the big problem with this is that they can influence or force other people into engaging into the LGBTQ community. 

The LGBTQ community does not want to force people into being gay. This is an absurd strawman and slippery slope fallacy.

What they want is acceptance for who they are and equal citizen rights.

2 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@Emerald Yes that is what happens when communities like this are accepted and then celebrated the last step is they want you to participate in the community. 

Either they want you to join the LGBTQ community or you have to have something to do with this particular group. That is why I personally find this so dangerous. 

I believe it impacts me because these communities don't just want to be accepted in society they will then try to force or influence you to participate in this behavior. 

That's definitely not true. I'm bisexual and probably about half of my close friends over the years have been in the LGBTQ community. And none of them nor I want to force straight people into being gay. We just don't want the government controlling us nor do we want society making it a harder place to live.

This should be obvious, and I'm genuinely curious as to why it's not.

Are you just sheltered and haven't been around LGBTQ people before... and you're believing people who fear-monger about LGBTQ people trying to force straight people into being gay?

Or do you feel like you'd personally be tempted to engage in homosexual behavior or tempted to transition if you put your guard down and accepted the existence of gay people and trans people?

Or is it another reason?

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

@Emerald Stop trying to make me gay!

I'm onto you! :ph34r:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Emerald Stop trying to make me gay!

I'm onto you! :ph34r:

Oh come on Leo! You know you wanna our super cool club, queen!!! :D 

Fine then!!!!  Just one last attempt...

Screenshot 2024-08-12 at 9.29.39 PM.png

Posted (edited)

When Shakespeare wrote, "Thou doth protest too much", he was speaking of right-wingers.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@ICURBlessings The danger is that if we allow homosexuality to be open and accepted in society as normal it could potentially influence other people who aren't homosexual to participate in such dangerous behavior. 

It's dangerous behavior because homosexuality is about people changing the hormones inside their body and if we allow it to considered normal in society other people could be influenced to change the hormones inside their body as wel. 

Years ago ...about 15 years ago I was working with a guy who was a fundamentalist Christian - he one day told what you are saying about homosexual trying to convert people into homosexuality - his theories were insane. I was shocked, completely shocked on how deep into delusion he was. During those days misinformation was much more limited than today. But I tell you the fundamentalist Christians have been swimming in it for a long long time.

Emerald nicely explain that it is not true, and aurum also said what I would say: It is completely and utterly absurd! 

The part that is beyond me is how anyone could conceive of an heterosexual being convince by anyone to become an homosexual - how do you figure that? The only thing I can think is that if you believe someone could influence you into becoming an homosexual, and here I mean you NightHawkBuzz - than your heterosexuality must be seriously on insecure grounds.

On 8/11/2024 at 3:31 PM, Nemra said:

@NightHawkBuzz

Do you know what is one of the most important factors for why Christianity continues to exist?

@ICURBlessings I would say the beliefs that are held on by Christians. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

When Shakespeare wrote, "Thou doth protest too much", he was speaking of right-wingers.

@Leo Gura What do you think I should do about my whole problem here though. 

I feel more comfortable running as a Democrat because I am half white and half black. I feel that I would be prohibited from moving up in the Republican Party the way I want to because they have never elected any person of color to be Speaker of the House, Vice President or President before. 

My goal is to get extremely far in politics and I feel I might be restricted running as a Republican because of my mixed race. 

However, I have way more Republican Party beliefs than I do democrat. I would like to pass a large amount of anti-lgbtq laws and I know I won't be able to do that if I run as a democrat. 

So what do you think I should do here?

3 hours ago, aurum said:

The LGBTQ community does not want to force people into being gay. This is an absurd strawman and slippery slope fallacy.

What they want is acceptance for who they are and equal citizen rights.

@aurum That may not always be there intentions but that's what happens in society though. 

They either want to influence you or force you to join the LGBTQ community or they want you to have something to do with it.

For example now at some sports game they are forcing the players to try to wear lgbtq jerseys for pride month. 

You went from just accepting the community to now being forced to have something to do with it even though you didn't want to. 

2 hours ago, Emerald said:

That's definitely not true. I'm bisexual and probably about half of my close friends over the years have been in the LGBTQ community. And none of them nor I want to force straight people into being gay. We just don't want the government controlling us nor do we want society making it a harder place to live.

This should be obvious, and I'm genuinely curious as to why it's not.

Are you just sheltered and haven't been around LGBTQ people before... and you're believing people who fear-monger about LGBTQ people trying to force straight people into being gay?

Or do you feel like you'd personally be tempted to engage in homosexual behavior or tempted to transition if you put your guard down and accepted the existence of gay people and trans people?

Or is it another reason?

@Emerald What I believe is that your hormones literally design you to be attracted to the opposite sex for every human being. 

What gay and bisexual people do is actively change the hormones inside of their body on purpose as your body is literally designed for you to be attracted to and reproduce with the opposite sex.

I believe it is extremely dangerous for the lgbtq community to be accepted as normal in society because it could influence or even attempt to force other people to change the hormones inside their body.

Once you change the hormones inside your body you can't just reverse that, that is why I believe it is extremely dangerous for the lgbtq community to be open and accepted the way it is. 

11 minutes ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

What do you think I should do about my whole problem here though. 

You are talking about leadership. To be a leader you have to lead, YOU have to tell us the solution, we shouldn't be telling you the solution. A leader is someone who comes up with solutions that others do not see and then convinces others to see as he does.