Juan

Infinite: The Game?

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Since we are already in the AI era, I thought about the possibility of a infinite game that can auto generate a story and maybe even gameplays, for infinite. 

ANYONE who plays it it’s gonna be different based on their decisions (you killed or saved someone, that’s gonna affect the entirety of your game). The best of all I supposed it’s that it has NO ENDING, you can pick it up anytime and keep playing and experience something new…for infinity!

Edited by Juan

Sounds like No Man's Sky, a bad game.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sounds like No Man's Sky, a bad game.

Didn’t the game got redemption? We are getting a sequel now. Or is just you don’t like it?

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Juan said:

Since we are already in the AI era, I thought about the possibility of a infinite game that can auto generate a story and maybe even gameplays, for infinite. 

ANYONE who plays it it’s gonna be different based on their decisions (you killed or saved someone, that’s gonna affect the entirety of your game). The best of all I supposed it’s that it has NO ENDING, you can pick it up anytime and keep playing and experience something new…for infinity!

I thought also about that. This game will be reality one day.

Will probably suck hard but it will be a unique game.

Edited by OBEler

Posted (edited)

It was and still is a bad game. It's infinitely shallow with no worthwhile gameplay loops other than grind-mining and exploring a few planets, which all look infinitely the same.

You can't make a great procedural game. This has been proven many times over.

Edited by Leo Gura

Hard to say what video games will look like in 10 years, I would be so curious to peak at a crystal ball. Economy is so bad now that maybe crypto games will be popular. 

<3

Posted (edited)

@Juan It is not about scope, it is about quality. For example, Ubisoft make open world games with huge maps, but almost all their games suck, whereas some games have much smaller maps but they are filled with interesting quests. Why would I want an AI that keeps generating mediocre content for me? It is like most of these AI images in the web, they are garbage.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

On 8/3/2024 at 9:22 PM, LordFall said:

Hard to say what video games will look like in 10 years, I would be so curious to peak at a crystal ball. 

Definitely will be closer if not at the same level of a CGI movie.

On 8/3/2024 at 9:22 PM, LordFall said:

Economy is so bad now that maybe crypto games will be popular. 

No one is talking about crypto and bitcoin anymore, hell even NFTs. Only the hardcore users which I feel they should find something better to do.

On 8/3/2024 at 9:56 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

@Juan It is not about scope, it is about quality.

Obviously?

Why would I want an AI that keeps generating mediocre content for me? 

It gets better with time. Same goes with their images, videos, etc.

It is like most of these AI images in the web, they are garbage.

Have you seen where we are standing today with AI? It’s jaw dropping! What are you talking about?! xD

On 8/3/2024 at 7:47 PM, Leo Gura said:

It was and still is a bad game. It's infinitely shallow with no worthwhile gameplay loops other than grind-mining and exploring a few planets, which all look infinitely the same.

Well, the game community says other wise, if that was the case then we wouldn’t be having a sequel I guess.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Juan said:

the game community says other wise,

The game community thinks Star Citizen is a good idea.

I played No Mans Sky for 100+ hrs all throughout its lifetime. It is not a good game. But it had insane potential. What blinded people was its potential. And it did improve a lot from that awful launch. Definitely praise to the devs for their commitment and work. But a good game it did not make. It is still infinitely shallow.

Edited by Leo Gura

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The game community thinks Star Citizen is a good idea.

I played No Mans Sky for 100+ hrs all throughout its lifetime. It is not a good game. But it had insane potential. What blinded people was its potential. And it did improve a lot from that awful launch. Definitely praise to the devs for their commitment and work. But a good game it did not make. It is still infinitely shallow.

How can you play a mediocre game for 100 hours? With all the options you have. I mean you can do everything in the world.Did you hear podcasts during playing this game?

I never played this game because I hate random generated worlds the most. It feels just dead. Even with countless npcs. No spirit behind 

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, OBEler said:

How can you play a mediocre game for 100 hours? With all the options you have. I mean you can do everything in the world.Did you hear podcasts during playing this game?

Yeah, actually the best way to play NMS is while watch YT videos. It's great for that. Playing it with half attention is perfect because there's just not much there. In this way I made it fun for myself.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

You are the infinite Game.jpg
You

are

the

Infinite

Game

Here's a bonus: www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCMx0LxxhM

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀