Husseinisdoingfine

Professor Dave video on anti-intellectualism

26 posts in this topic

I found this interesting:

One of his better videos. Still, he makes many epistemic blunders.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

Good take overall on the state of our current situation.

His biggest blindspot seems to be that he hasn’t had any transcendental experiences. Thus he places science as the peak of intellectualism and misunderstands spirituality.

Also, we need to keep voting. I get why people are disillusioned but it’s really one of the few meaningful democratic tools we have. And if people become so discouraged they stop voting, it will not suddenly be replaced by something of higher integrity. It will most likely be replaced by an authoritarian like Trump who will just remove those pesky voting rights that you didn’t want anyway.

Edited by aurum

He’s to angry to see anything 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Certainly rationalism is preferable to pre-rationalism.

But there is post-rationalism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

There is a whole book on Meta-rationality. I have a feel that this is something that match the way I am starting to look at things. When the world goes Irrational or get stuck in Rationality the way is to go all up or deep into Meta. 

Meta-rationality: An introduction

https://metarationality.com/introduction

Because meta-rationality operates on rational systems, mastery of at least one such system is a prerequisite. Because it selects among systems, or combines several, understanding the distinctive rationalities of multiple fields—ideally several quite different ones—is a plus.

Edited by Rafael Thundercat

Posted (edited)

I will make a profound video explaining rationality and post-rationality in the way I explained science.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura

Yay!

In one or two months or no guarantee?

Edited by Nemra

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I will make a profound video explaining rationality and post-rationality in the way I explained science.

Very needed. As we see, rationality is under siege. 

A few years ago I had a brief conversation with Professor Dave related to Leo and Acutalized.org. . . He put out a video that "debunked" mysticism, which included Leo and Actualized. . . Thirty years of my life was spent in traditional science training in which my mind was contracted within a rational/scientific paradigm. So I'm very familiar with Professor Dave's mindset. . . . Anyhoo, I contacted him and wrote that I'm a college professor of molecular biology and I use many of his videos in my courses (which is true). I also said that he was missing something and unaware of it. . . This provoked his interest and he responded. . . I tried to communicate that rational thinking and scientific constructs are within a larger whole. He was not open to this idea and I was reminded of Wilber's "Pre/Trans" fallacy in which the rational mind interprets "trans-rational" as "pre-rational".

He got into debate mode and I tried to tell him I wasn't disagreeing with what he was saying. . .  It was as if he kept insisting that Paris was in France as I tried to show him Paris is also in Europe. After a few exchanges he accused me of lying about being a college science professor and he ended the conversation. 

Within the construct of Sprial Dynamics, Dave would be centered at Orange and can see the irrationality of Blue - which he likes to expose (I think this has value). However, he is unable to see / access different modes of cognition. . . Stage Blue sees things as binary constructs. Stage Orange can see both binary constructs as well as spectral constructs. Dave isn't limited to a binary mindset of "Irrational" or "Rational". He would be able to see a spectrum from extremely irrational, to moderately irrational to moderately rational to extremely rational. As well, he would be able to see that even extremely rational people could be irrational on occasion.  What he wouldn't be able to see is another "realm" of cognition. . . ,. Ime, this can be very threatening because a mind contracted within a 'irrational --- rational' spectral construct misinterprets expansion 'beyond' the construct as a rejection of rational thinking and science 'within' the construct. . . This was a major obstacle for me and I was not able to transcend and integrate until I started using psychedelics at about 45 years of age. 

@Forestluv That's exactly how I would expect him to respond.

Dave is completely paradigm-locked into materialism and scientism, his ego is all wrapped up in it, just like the religious fundamentalists he loves to bash.

I found the thread of Dave's video"debunking" Leo and mysticism. . . A few of Dave's comments to me:

"Oh look, a Leo apologist! I was wondering if any of you would show up."

(After I told him I'm a college science professor): "Right, like the psychology of cult leaders. Such as Leo. Get your shit together, man."

"When you have to lie about your credentials on the internet, it sort of undercuts any credibility in your arguments."

A few things I notice: Rather than face cognitive dissonance, Dave quickly dismisses ideas not aligned with his paradigm and labels me a liar. Also, Dave has a debate mindset of "arguments". I stressed several times I was not disagreeing with him and there was some truth and value with his perspective. Rather, I was pointing out that rationality/science is also a component within a larger whole. Yet he and others on the thread were incapable of seeing this. 

Posted (edited)

@Forestluv I vaguely recall something about pearls and swine :ph34r:

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

@Forestluv How has your comprehension of reality been advancing?

You reach Alien Mind yet? ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

The dumbest thing about all this is that Dave himself is not a real professor yet he calls himself "Professor Dave".

Yet he has the gall to accuse someone else as lying about being a professor.

The dumbest thing about all this is that Dave is God!

xD

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Forestluv How has you comprehension of reality been advancing?

You reach Alien Mind yet? ;)

Herhee, a few alien trips recently.

I’ve been away from the social mind of academia for three months, which has allowed space for reality surfing 🏄‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Looking forward to more philosophical work of the caliber done in deconstructing the myth of science. 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God