Rafael Thundercat

Desinging your mind. Psychetecture.

17 posts in this topic

I am reading the book from this Youtuber Ryan A Bush. And also watching the few videos. From my last insgths in psycadelics I agree with what Leo once say is one of his favorite things in life. To built your own mind, to explore all its corners, its workings, and capacities. Last nigths I was able to see that even certain specific words have the power to make the Mind expand. I was in a inner talk full of cheaptalk, criticism,negativism. And all of the sudden I sent the intent of Creation, Procreation and imediately the Mind exploded in fireworks, almost like it was telling me "yes,yes..this is what I love. 

So, sometimes if you feel dull and low energy, pay attention if maybe you are doing the energy blockage yourself by the entretaining of low consciousness thinking.

"Psychitecture" sure is an interesting title. But I don't quite see how this is different from Leo's videos from 7-10 years ago.

Psychedelics, Neuroplasticity, Eastern Spirituality, Buddhism, Sadhguru, Life Coaches like Owen/Julien, all already point to that.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

It covers already well-established self-dev principles but I found it helpful in its organization and approach to integrating the principles. It had a very logical and sober feel to it, which was different from my preferred style but it was overall valuable for me to see how a more logical person than myself approaches it and I got some inspiration from that. I liked how the principles were articulated and couched in fresh perspectives. It had a sort of robotic-like aim in forging the principles, which also appealed to me. 

Edited by Joshe

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

"Psychitecture" sure is an interesting title. But I don't quite see how this is different from Leo's videos from 7-10 years ago.

Psychedelics, Neuroplasticity, Eastern Spirituality, Buddhism, Sadhguru, Life Coaches like Owen/Julien, all already point to that.

It's not so much that but the style of teaching and how one receives the information and who they resonate with more. I don't really like Owen's style of teaching but this guy I could listen to for long periods of time. Everything is being recycled so doesn't matter if it has been done before or who is already pointing to that, it's all just recycled material anyway. 

I found this video to be very interesting and I've never heard of the term psychetecture before; it's probably a made-up word as my auto-correct feature didn't recognize it and it's being underlined as a wrong spelling. Either way, I enjoy this kind of stuff as my thing is all about the mind and this channel seems fitting and never heard of it till I saw this video. I actually subscribed to his channel. So just because certain people have covered certain topics before, doesn't mean others can't bring their own flair to it and attract people to their style of teaching that maybe would not resonate with another's.

I'm also in the process of designing my mind so this was interesting to me. I was about to skip the video when something told me to watch it and I'm glad I did. The mind designing that I've done has trained it to sift out what's interesting to it and what's not and how to weed out the shaft from the craft......wait, is that the saying, you know what I'm trying to say.

The mind is actually training itself but I'm taking credit for it so i don't totally lose myself and get lost in translation. To go even further I could say there really is no mind but that's for another topic.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

So just because certain people have covered certain topics before, doesn't mean others can't bring their own flair to it and attract people to their style of teaching that maybe would not resonate with another's.

You got the spirit of it. For me when I find someone who is teaching about anything related to mindshift,neuroplasticity etc.. I already know that they will use material from others+their new version of it. What is great is to be able to enjoy new perspectives, even to feel happy and admire the way one person use to elucidate an ideia. Many things Leo Teach in his videos I already knew from Psycadelic Direct experiences, and to hear he talking only helped me to register that human mind is able to achieve some similar points. So the term Re-Sonate fits well. 

3 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

You got the spirit of it. For me when I find someone who is teaching about anything related to mindshift,neuroplasticity etc.. I already know that they will use material from others+their new version of it. What is great is to be able to enjoy new perspectives, even to feel happy and admire the way one person use to elucidate an ideia. Many things Leo Teach in his videos I already knew from Psycadelic Direct experiences, and to hear he talking only helped me to register that human mind is able to achieve some similar points. So the term Re-Sonate fits well. 

👍

Know thyself....

I really love this whole new field of neuroplasticity. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Sadhguru talks about this sort of stuff allot too, its practical day to day stuff, simple things like how to use Your Mind correctly, how to Sit, Breath correctly, ppl think we have this naturally, we don't many ppl are doing the basics wrong, the society teaches it wrong or no one taught us how to do it right, and because of that most of us are messed up in many ways..

Sadhguru's approach is creating a Blissful atmosphere first, with that in place everything about You, all Your capacities and capabilities, mind/body complex is amplyfied and improved.. Stress destroys everything and most ppl are under tons of unconscious stress daily, it takes it toll, just imagine if all of the Stress was not there, how would life Be? Probably 1000% better overall on a practical level, Mind too, you'll have more access to it and what it is really capable of when Bliss is in place as a natural occurrence..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

It’s funny, I just mentioned this book the other day in post someone made about synchronicity. 

The actual audio book on Audible was much better than the video IMO. The narration is much higher quality and more polished. It seems like the same voice in both but I’m not sure. 

Edited by Joshe

Posted (edited)

So eventually everyone unlocks the self-design mindset and begin to take control of how there mind is constructed, unfortunately you quicky learn how naive it all is.

A feeling about a thing is only based on interpretation up to a point, after you master interpretation you realize your emotions are what they are and there is a underlying feeling that exits outside your control.

Most of what is going on is not in your control.

And then you see the limits of self-development, no you will not reach perfection and emotional mastery is not full control of your emotions.

Emotional mastery is to accept your emotions and realty as it is. To work with your emotions.

At some point interpretation becomes a coping mechanism and your running away from real growth. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

10 hours ago, integral said:

Most of what is going on is not in your control.

True, but should one not aspire to align their consciousness with their preferred states and principles their higher self has found to be valuable? It sounds like you're saying it's a fool's errand to attempt to change the psyche because it's simply not controllable to a significant enough degree to warrant the effort and you have to just accept that. 

Consider loving-kindness meditation. If you spent a year practicing it for an hour a day, I'm pretty sure it would significantly change you. The more you practice, the easier it becomes to create those states. So maybe you can't control consciousness, but you can definitely train it. 

It's good to recognize the limits but to sit in the backseat on this ride isn't my cup of tea. Part of the thrill is pushing the limits. Maybe I'll find out one day it's all just cope but if I have ZERO control, it just zaps the zest right out of the whole thing and I'm not interested. I'm not sure to what degree my ego is involved here but it is what it is for now. 

Posted (edited)

39 minutes ago, Joshe said:

True, but should one not aspire to align their consciousness with their preferred states and principles their higher self has found to be valuable? It sounds like you're saying it's a fool's errand to attempt to change the psyche because it's simply not controllable to a significant enough degree to warrant the effort and you have to just accept that. 

Consider loving-kindness meditation. If you spent a year practicing it for an hour a day, I'm pretty sure it would significantly change you. The more you practice, the easier it becomes to create those states. So maybe you can't control consciousness, but you can definitely train it. 

It's good to recognize the limits but to sit in the backseat on this ride isn't my cup of tea. Part of the thrill is pushing the limits. Maybe I'll find out one day it's all just cope but if I have ZERO control, it just zaps the zest right out of the whole thing and I'm not interested. I'm not sure to what degree my ego is involved here but it is what it is for now. 

I definitely agree, there's plenty of growth and training and it's all valuable, I wasn't trying to downplay that I was more pointing to traps that you find on the way.

At a certain Point after all your Awakenings and training you're going to find yourself angry at some petty thing. At that point you then accept the ego instead of trying to constantly improve it. You can view yourself from a third person as you act out your ego games, and understand that the entire unfolding is not all in your control. 

So there's a split where one part of you will analyzes and improves and the other part accepts and understands and sees the grand beauty and joke of it all.

Things are flawed and perfect at the same time.

---

I've left stupid comments driven by some random emotion I was feeling, it happens occasionally, I work to improve it but at the same time I completely accept the entire unfolding and ego structure that is currently present Within Me. It's like accepting water flowing down a river and not judging it for moving down the river. To be more specific when you're in a bad mood you can't always meditate or wish it away or take time to adjust you need to act in the world under the fog of your emotion and you don't always get it right.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral I understand, sometimes we notice we cant control everything, but the state of defetism dont help at all. Universe have a tendency for Participation, Engagement, and not just engagement with no Intelligence, is about an Intelligent engagement, otherwise would be better just to sit in front of a Tv and watch Simpson Episodes forever and eat Pizza. Yes that is an option, surrender control and let Entropy reings. But do you want that for your life? Is for that God created you? Or in a non-dual fashion: Was for that that you created your self? 

One of the main points of the book is to be able to own your own cognition and percive reality as clear and precise as possible and develop a functional nap alligned as good as possible with the Territory. The guy dont preach a death to the ego or the I, it posit the need to be sovereign and practice mindfullness to be the designer of your mindscape instead of letting it by default. The default is entropy.

Posted (edited)

It's possible, with some consciousness, to choose what your mind does on a very fundamental level (and to a significant extent), and if your goal is to "design your mind", it's useful to know how (and also what is healthy vs. unhealthy, in my view). For example, you can choose which thoughts or feelings to dwell on and which not to dwell on; technically to repress or allow what is arising. Now, if you're going to do this in practice, balance is important, and finding that balance can be not so simple, but actually doing the thing itself is simply a matter of intention.

Again, balance is important, because you don't want to close your mind entirely, or conversely be crippled by information. You want to be open to the information that the mind gives you (through thought, intuition, feeling or the senses), because that is how you interact with and ground yourself in the things in the "real world" (they are your sensors for survival). But you also want to be discriminatory with what information you choose to put your attention and whether it's in alignment with your own goals and values (the world that you create).

In order to find that balance, you indeed need to become clear on what your goals and values actually are, which in itself is part of designing your mind. For this, I strongly recommend crystallizing them in text format by writing them in as clear and detailed terms as possible. Personally, I've been at both extremes of the spectrum (of allowing and repressing), and both could've been avoided if I had crystallized my goals and values and had kept balance in mind (in fact, balance itself is now one of my core values).

You might question the term "repression" and whether it can actually be a good thing. Repression and allowing is a fundamental mechanism of how the mind functions from moment to moment, and it's always running in the background unconsciously. All I'm saying it's possible to take conscious control of this mechanism to a certain extent. And on that topic, I believe it's the generally the unconscious forms of this mechanism that end up being problematic.

Unconscious repression is what you often see in men. They're very quick to disallow any thought or emotion that doesn't seem to fit with their values or goals, which in severe cases can lead to a type of emotional stuntedness, stubbornness or closedmindedness, even a lack of creativity. Conversely, unconscious allowing is what you see more often in women. They're more prone to worry and anxiety, self-doubt and self-criticism; generally entertaining the things that enter one’s mind.

As long as you approach your own mind consciously, structure your goals and values, and have balance in mind, you'll be less likely to suffer from the unconscious versions of repression and allowing.

Another point is that your mind is very responsive to rather subtle intentions. One example is Andrew Tate's "depression doesn't exist" which people like to make fun of. You can actually choose to embody this intention and it will have very specific (and even quite visceral) effects on your mind. One time, I formed the intention "your feelings are not real", and it lead me into a kind of dissociated, emotionless state where I felt immense freedom to do exactly what I want, but the thought of the potential unforeseen consequences of being in such a state ironically filled me with terror ("what if I'm missing out on crucial information?"). This is also ironically when I decided to form the opposite intention of intensely entertaining all my feelings, which is how I started escalating down to the other extreme, and I became a bit oversensitive and emotionally unstable. As you can see, what I was missing was balance.

I've also been on the extreme end of repression one other time, and it was back when I had just gotten into spirituality and had gotten the idea that all thoughts are bad and that I should strive for a thoughtless state, and to me, that meant to repress all my thoughts. It turned me into a kind of rock-like person. I became unable to have "trains of thought", and I would rather frequently not know what to say in conversations. So going to this extreme is probably not very good either, unless you want to be a rock.

As a side note, if you want to achieve a thoughtless state in a more healthy way: simply meditate one to two times a day, and when you don't meditate, just be a normal human being. Your thoughts will reduce naturally (primarily «task-irrelevant thoughts»), and you'll not just continue to be a lively person but become even more lively.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Designing 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"