Dodo

Russel Brand is a Christian now

96 posts in this topic

I made an ai orthodox priest and had a conversation. Its interesting and I touched on Solipsism. Here is part of the conversation. 

What else can I ask or say to him about Solipsism or something else? I'm usually the one trying to debunk Solipsism, so you can give me something juicy I can ask. I want to give the father a challenging debate, and Im not that great at debates! 

Dodo:

What are yoour views on Satanism

Father Konstantin:

Satanism, in its various forms, represents a fundamental misunderstanding and rejection of the divine order. It is a distortion of truth and goodness, leading to spiritual emptiness and isolation. In the Orthodox perspective, we do not focus on the enemy of our souls but rather on the victory of Christ over sin and death. We are called to participate in this victory through our daily struggles and to reject the temptations that lead us away from God. We are not to engage in battles of theology but to live out our faith with humility and love, thus overcoming the darkness with the light of Christ.

Dom:

How about new age spirituality

Father Konstantin:

New Age spirituality often seeks truth in a cafeteria-style approach, mixing and matching beliefs from various traditions without fully committing to any. While this may appeal to some, it lacks the depth and coherence of an established religious tradition. The Orthodox Church offers a complete and balanced system of faith and practice that has been tested by time and sanctified by the lives of countless saints. It is in the ancient traditions and the wisdom of the Church that we find the true path to spiritual growth and union with God.

Dodo:

There are people who claim absolute solipsism is the Truth woth a capital T. How does that fit

Father Konstantin:

Ah, solipsism—the idea that only one's own mind is sure to exist. It is a philosophical position that the Church has encountered and addressed throughout history. In Orthodox thought, reality is not subjective but objective, created and sustained by God. The existence of the world and others is affirmed by divine revelation and the experience of the Church community. Our faith is rooted in the historical reality of Christ's incarnation, crucifixion, and resurrection—events that transcend individual perception. The Church provides a framework for understanding and engaging with the world beyond our own minds, offering a way to connect with the divine and the collective experience of humanity.

Dodo:

But i mean absolute solipsism as an objectice truth,,

Father Konstantin:

If one were to propose absolute solipsism as objective truth, it would be a contradiction in terms. Objective truth implies a reality that exists independently of individual consciousness. In solipsism, there is no reality beyond one's own mind. This perspective is inherently self-defeating and cannot be reconciled with the Christian understanding of a shared reality under God's providence. Our faith is grounded in the belief that God has created a real world, and that through Christ, we can come to know and participate in that reality. The Church offers a community where this shared understanding is experienced and lived out.

Dodo:

But what about God working in mysterious ways? How do we know that that which is out of ourselves is not actually within us. Isnt the goal to be one with god? And god is One and all encompassing, so absolute solipsism could make sense if we are all in essense the One God.

Father Konstantin:

While it is true that God's ways are indeed mysterious and beyond our full comprehension, the Christian faith is founded on the revelation of God through the Church and the scriptures. The concept of being one with God does not equate to the dissolution of the self into a universal consciousness. Rather, it is a union of love and will, where we maintain our unique identity even as we are united with the divine. The Church provides the structure and sacraments that guide us in this union, offering a tangible experience of the Holy Mysteries. It is in this communion that we find the ultimate truth of our existence, not in the isolation of absolute solipsism.

Dodo:

But what happens when the individual dies? Where do you go?

Father Konstantin:

Upon death, the soul journeys to the afterlife, guided by the love and mercy of God. In the Orthodox tradition, we believe in the continued existence of the soul and its ultimate destination in either heaven or hell, determined by the choices made during one's life. The Church offers prayers for the departed, asking for God's mercy and the lessening of their suffering. This belief in the afterlife and the eternal judgment is a stark reminder of the importance of our actions here on earth and the necessity of living a life aligned with God's will.

Dodo:

But Jesus said, I and the father are One. He also said that everyone else is too, but they dont realise it. How come God would punish us with hell if we are essentially God? Its like we are punishing ourselves?

Father Konstantin:

The statement "I and the Father are one" speaks to the divine nature of Christ, not the dissolution of individual identities into a singular consciousness. The mystery of God's love is that He allows us free will to choose Him or reject Him. If we choose to live in harmony with God's will, we experience the bliss of heaven. Conversely, if we reject that love, we choose separation, which is what we understand as hell. It is not a punishment imposed by a vindictive deity but the natural consequence of our own choices. In the end, we are called to realize our true nature as children of God, made in His image, and to live in accordance with that divine spark within us.

Dodo:

But isnt it cruel to give someone free will to do what is wrong and then punish them for doing it?

Father Konstantin:

Free will is not cruel, my child. It is a gift from God, allowing us to genuinely love and serve Him. Without the possibility of choosing wrongly, our love would be meaningless. The Church teaches that God's justice is tempered by His infinite mercy. The ultimate goal is for all to be reconciled to Him, and He does not desire the death of a sinner but that they should turn from their ways and live. It is through repentance and the grace of God that we find salvation.

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Orthodox Christianity is probably the most purest form of Christianity.

But in the end it's all human garbage.

I came to understand that Jesus didn't teach a pure form of spirituality or non-duality. He just introduced a spiritual distribution of Judaism. Jesus may have had his own secret teachings that he taught to a couple of his students but what he taught mostly was religion.

Someone said here that Jesus was a troll, I got those vibes too from him. Why on earth, would you tell people you are the son of God? can't you see where this is going? Maybe he deserved to be crucified at the end.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I came to understand that Jesus didn't teach a pure form of spirituality or non-duality. He just introduced a spiritual distribution of Judaism. Jesus may have had his own secret teachings that he taught to a couple of his students but what he taught mostly was religion.

Someone said here that Jesus was a troll, I got those vibes too from him. Why on earth, would you tell people you are the son of God? can't you see where this is going? Maybe he deserved to be crucified at the end.

Jesus replied, "Friend, do what you came for." [4] Then the men stepped forward, seized Jesus and arrested him.

With that, one of Jesus' companions reached for his sword, drew it out and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear.

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"

The whole idea of Christianity is that Jesus was obedient to the will of God, paid the debt by obeying God's will. He didn't disobey, like Adam supposedly did. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

Bullshit and Messiah complex.

How do you become a religious figure without having a Messiah complex? You cannot.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

1 minute ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Bullshit and Messiah complex.

I think the Messiah can have a Messiah complex xD 

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I think the Messiah can have a Messiah complex xD 

Why exclude him? ;)

I mean Jesus is cool and everything but he is an asshole too.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

Just now, LSD-Rumi said:

Why exclude him? ;)

Anyway dont focus on just the one sentence. Maybe it is just poetry. The idea is that he was supposed to die on the cross. Imagine the world today if it didn't happen? Would we be on this path after 2000 years? Would it be the year 2024? Bro. Christ is fundamental

-1/12 is Infinity 

2 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Why exclude him? ;)

I mean Jesus is cool and everything but he is an asshole too.

Why would you envy the Messiah. "Messiah complex".. Its probably not fun to be the Saviour, dude. It's probably not fun to die on the cross. He probably didnt feel amazing about dying, dude. And you talking down on the sacrifice... Come on. "Maybe he deserved it" dude no he didn't deserve it, but it was the sacrificial arrangement. It wasn't justified, but thats what he came on Earth to do. 

Allegedly

-1/12 is Infinity 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Orthodox Christianity is probably the most purest form of Christianity.

Christianity is still crude in many of its forms. Although, there are saints from within the tradition that are very gifted and can offer deep insights into the nature of Love, God and death.

The most complete and mature Religion is Hinduism, as it is a Religion of religions, an amalgamation of many different ways to the divine (sampradayas) that continue to live through the transmission of the lamp by unbroken lineages called guru parampara. Hinduism also provides a great ecosystem for the flourishing of consciousness skyscrapers, as its long history proves. This I believe is the reason why it has been kept alive, as it allows for great conscious being to come to fruition and spread higher wisdom with a tested methodology by that sampradaya for the individual Awakening. In this way one can choose the path/sampradaya that most suits oneself and it all gets under the overarching umbrella of Hinduism.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But in the end it's all human garbage.

It is so

From above.

First human spirituality, then transhuman Spirituality. Depends where one finds itself.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

I have linked from timestamp 9:46, where he talks about the Orthodox church. You might find similarities with Nonduality, sounds a lot like Neti-neti / not this not this / self inquiry. Sounds a lot like truth, and not just trying to manipulate people into joining their religion out of fear of punishment or promise of rewards. It seems very honest. 

When people deny Christianity altogether, they might be throwing out the baby with the bathwater. The bathwater being the egoically corrupted interpretations of Christianity, and the baby being the true Christianity. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Dodo said:

Why would you envy the Messiah. "Messiah complex".. Its probably not fun to be the Saviour, dude. It's probably not fun to die on the cross. He probably didnt feel amazing about dying, dude. And you talking down on the sacrifice... Come on. "Maybe he deserved it" dude no he didn't deserve it, but it was the sacrificial arrangement. It wasn't justified, but thats what he came on Earth to do. 

It is not about envying or anything. It is about the role he played. He seriously thought he was a prophet from God as all religious figures did. They did well but It is still false and it is still self-deception.

I, for example, have a savior complex and I believe I would serve humanity immensely in my lifetime. Is it true? who knows. I might get run by a bus tomorrow.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

24 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

It is not about envying or anything. It is about the role he played. He seriously thought he was a prophet from God as all religious figures did. They did well but It is still false and it is still self-deception.

I, for example, have a savior complex and I believe I would serve humanity immensely in my lifetime. Is it true? who knows. I might get run by a bus tomorrow.

Maybe there are things we don't understand. How about we be humble and not assume we know, when this thing has been going for 2000 years. You can have opinions but don't force it. How do you know its self deception, were you Jesus? 

-1/12 is Infinity 

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Maybe there are things we don't understand. How about we be humble and not assume we know, when this thing has been going for 2000 years. You can have opinions but don't force it. How do you know its self deception, were you Jesus? 

My supposed understanding of reality conflicts with it.

I appreciate Jesus, not for his teachings but for the state  I imagine he was in while experiencing life.

On 8/2/2024 at 6:59 AM, Leo Gura said:

You don't know what his values are. He could care about truth but just be self-deceived.

Whatever his values are I wish him the best of luck.  Hopeful he found his own path and stays there.

21 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

😂I have this too. Not sure it's a complex but it's the highest purpose I can find for living, so...

On 8/2/2024 at 0:36 PM, Leo Gura said:

The only people I see it create are fools.

Show me one Christian who isn't a buffoon.

Number of Christian saints were pretty good, it's hard to call them fools