r0ckyreed

Wanting To Get Into Psychedelics - Beginner

52 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@What Am I thanks man ! I have no conclusion about Malt so far.

It is like 5 Meo DMT but on the other hands it has its own force. It can be brutal for some like 5 Meo DMT can be brutal. 

Very difficult. Right now I stick more to 5 Meo DMT Because I experiment with a vape pen and redosing with malt is not really possible because the peak is 10 to 30 minutes ahead

No problem. :)

Yeah, there's an important distinction I should make. When I say they're benign, I'm speaking specifically about the mystical vibe laced within the chemicals' effects themselves. On the 5-HT2A psychedelics, the vibe can be straight up threatening, as if an ultra-powerful being has set their sights upon you and are bombarding you energetically with their malicious presence and cruel intentions. It's fucked, and I'm just tired of taking that chance, even if sometimes it's a loving being filling you with peace and gratitude instead.

With 5meo and malt, I don't get anything comparable, and it's mostly a neutral vibe. That's not to say the experience itself can't be turbulent, but it's a different kind of turbulence that feels more internal, and caused by my own misalignment with God and the sacred moment. It's a type of challenge that I can overcome by my own ability to let go and assume the natural spiritual state.

Thanks to all of you so far. Such great feedback, response, and support from all of you. I do not have access to 5me0. I could ask my friend if he knows of anyone who could get me some. I have not got the mushrooms yet. I want to get a drug test kit and do more thorough research before I get them. I would love to try 5me0 but it has been hard for me to find. I know that I could die at any moment and I want to do mushrooms and dmt before I die. 

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

@r0ckyreed USA cannot be so fucked up that mushrooms are poisoned with fentanyl. Also it doesn't make sense at all.

You don't need a test kit for shrooms.

Why can you die any moment. Do you mean spiritual or do you have health issues?

Edited by OBEler

17 minutes ago, OBEler said:

USA cannot be so fucked up that mushrooms are poisoned with fentanyl.

lol definitely not. I can only imagine it happening in a very calculated murder attempt or something.

33 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@r0ckyreed USA cannot be so fucked up that mushrooms are poisoned with fentanyl. Also it doesn't make sense at all.

You don't need a test kit for shrooms.

Why can you die any moment. Do you mean spiritual or do you have health issues?

I don’t have any health issues, but I am aware that tomorrow isn’t granted.

Thanks for your support. I will try 2 grams raw. I will be sure to drink a fruit smoothie before and after I eat it raw.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

Lemon tek makes shrooms more potent because you're absorbing the psilocin directly.  Taking it on an empty stomach also makes it stronger.   

Eating makes shrooms less potent because the digestion process is slower.  The shrooms will be competing with food for absorption.  Eating a little bit can be good for masking the taste of the shrooms.  Lemon tek doesn't taste too bad but it's still shroomy. 

If you're eating, it's best to chop or grind it up so that it absorbs well.  

Edited by FlyingLotus

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

I don’t have any health issues, but I am aware that tomorrow isn’t granted.

Thanks for your support. I will try 2 grams raw. I will be sure to drink a fruit smoothie before and after I eat it raw.

Please take our advice and make a lemon tek. Forget about your smoothie, you will vomit it out after 30 minutes of intake anyway if you don't do lemon tek.

Nausea is a serious issue.help your stomach as best as you can.

Edited by OBEler

@r0ckyreed I agree with them. The active molecule that you need for tripping is psilocin, which mushrooms don't contain very much of. They're mostly psilocybin, which is just a precursor that needs to be converted to give you the desired effects. When you put the mushrooms in lemon juice, the acid will perform a similar function as what would occur in your stomach, and it'll convert into psilosin in the shot glass. This saves you the considerable discomfort from it having to occur inside your body. Plus it'll take effect quicker and with more oomph.

Posted (edited)

@FlyingLotus @OBEler @What Am I Thanks guys! I will take your feedback. 

So far what I have researched, the lemon tek method is basically weighing the mushroom on the food scale and try to aim for 1-2g and then cutting it up into small pieces, putting it in lemon juice and stir it and wait for 20 minutes before consuming.

Does it matter which part of the mushroom I use? Like the top or the stem?

Some people recommend a coffee grinder and some people say I can just cut the shrooms into small pieces for lemon tek. 

Do you guys use a strainer? I heard it was optional.

You guys recommend 2g?

Also, I am wondering if I could store the mushrooms in a glass jar and put it in my closet drawers?

Thanks.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

So far what I have researched, the lemon tek method is basically weighing the mushroom on the food scale and try to aim for 1-2g and then cutting it up into small pieces, putting it in lemon juice and stir it and wait for 20 minutes before consuming.

This sounds correct.

Does it matter which part of the mushroom I use? Like the top or the stem?

I've heard the caps are stronger, but I've never researched to see if this is true.

Some people recommend a coffee grinder and some people say I can just cut the shrooms into small pieces for lemon tek. 

If you have a grinder, it'll give the lemon juice more surface area to perform the conversion, but just chopping them into pieces is fine as well.

Do you guys use a strainer? I heard it was optional.

Consuming it all would ensure you don't miss anything.

You guys recommend 2g?

Like OBEler, I definitely don't recommend 2g. 1g dried or less would be a pretty safe bet for your first time. You could increase slowly from there for your next trip.

Also, I am wondering if I could store the mushrooms in a glass jar and put it in my closet drawers?

That'd work fine in the short term.

halfknots may be your best resource here for mushroom info. It seems like they may have been a cultivator at one time.

Edited by What Am I

7 hours ago, halfknots said:

@r0ckyreed how much time have you spent in educating yourself on this subject? The nature of this post tell me not much.

The internet is absolutely packed with valuable information and resources. 

psychonaut wiki is a good place to start

erowid is a classic

psilocybin mushrooms subreddit

To answer your questions directly:

• It is highly unlikely for mushrooms to be intentionally laced with fentanyl. There is always the possibility of unintentional cross contamination, but this is only if you are getting your mushrooms from some sketchy grower/dealer who also deals in fentanyl.
  • The mushrooms should be cracker dry when you get them, and should be stored in a such a manner as to keep them this way. Keep them in an airtight jar with minimal air space along with a desiccant pack in a cool, dark, dry place.
  • The mushrooms can be eaten as is, mixed into a food/beverage, or prepared using the lemon tek method as described earlier in the thread.
  • Mushrooms kept in storage will lose potency over time
  • 2 grams is a medium to medium strong dose, depending on the potency of the mushroom and your sensitivity. It could even be a strong dose.
  • Growing mushrooms from spores is a whole separate conversation.

With all of this being said, there is still a conversation to be had about ways in which you can prepare your mindset and your setting as a way of inviting the best possible experience. My response here is by no means a complete guide to your first mushroom trip, and there is much more to say.

You are welcome to reach out to me privately for further support.

@halfknots Thanks so much for your detailed practical response! Do I need a desiccant or could I just air dry the mushroom and put it in the concealed jar in my closet? What do you find to be your favorite way of drying mushrooms?

@r0ckyreed@r0ckyreed are you getting the mushrooms fresh? If so they need to be eaten immediately after picking or completely dried in a dehydrator and then stored in the manner I described. 

Fresh mushrooms require preservation for storage, otherwise they will spoil and turn to goo.

I'm guessing it's a misunderstanding. There's no way r0ckyreed is getting fresh mushrooms unless they actually know a cultivator who freshly picked them. I'm betting the mushrooms will come dry, in which case, it's very likely no further drying is needed, and they can just be stored as-is.

Yeah. I have no idea. I am going to see what I am going to get. Maybe I can ask my friend to order me some dry mushrooms in advance. I assume you can tell they are fresh by how moist or dry they are? 

Posted (edited)

@r0ckyreed Depending on your gut sensitivity, I'd suggest not eating the mushrooms whole. It also takes longer for your gut to break them down doing it this way. The best way is to weigh your whole dried mushrooms on a digital milligram scale. Let's say start with 1 gram. Then, put the weighed mushrooms in a coffee/spice grinder and blitz them to create a fine powder. For me, lemon tek works best (I have a sensitive gut when it comes to shrooms). Otherwise, as you mentioned, mix your powdered shrooms with a smoothie.

In terms of dosage, start with a maximum of 1 gram. The difference can be massive when increasing, and they react differently with each individual. 2 grams for me will literally send me to hyperspace. To the point where even walking is very difficult. For someone else, it could be a mild dose. So please keep in mind that 2 grams for one person is like 4 grams for another.

It's best always to start low and find your feet because shrooms can become very twisted if you get in over your head. The last thing you want to do is feel like you're going insane (it's awful).

Edited by Alex M

@r0ckyreed It'll be obvious when you see them. Fresh mushrooms are similar to what you'd see from edible mushrooms at a grocery store, and dry would be completely dehydrated and stiff, also referred to as "cracker dry". If someone is selling psychedelic mushrooms, it's very likely they'll be dry.

Fresh
03.-Psilocybe-azurescens-150x150.jpg

Dry
Golden-Teacher-247x296.jpg

2 hours ago, What Am I said:

@r0ckyreed It'll be obvious when you see them. Fresh mushrooms are similar to what you'd see from edible mushrooms at a grocery store, and dry would be completely dehydrated and stiff, also referred to as "cracker dry". If someone is selling psychedelic mushrooms, it's very likely they'll be dry.

Fresh
03.-Psilocybe-azurescens-150x150.jpg

Dry
Golden-Teacher-247x296.jpg

Thanks! :) 
I assume that if they did come fresh, I could use an air dryer on them or put them in the oven? 

I plan on talking to my friend this coming Wednesday.

13 hours ago, OBEler said:

@r0ckyreed 2 g dried or fresh?

2 g dried is too much first time

Depends on the genetics of the mushroom. I would agree to be cautious if you don’t know the potency of your batch but it could be a good dose.

2 grams of mushrooms mean nothing. It’s more complicated than that.

I’d say do a micro dose on the heavier side like 0,2g to gauge whether 2g of this batch would be suitable. If it’s still sub perceptual, 2g would be good. If you can clearly feel something’s up, maybe start with 1g.

It depends!!

Sailing on the ceiling 

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Thanks! :) 
I assume that if they did come fresh, I could use an air dryer on them or put them in the oven? 

I plan on talking to my friend this coming Wednesday.

I only have experience using a food dehydrator during the short time I grew mushrooms, but I'm sure you could use anything that applies heat and air movement in a controlled way.

Like I said though, I'd be shocked if you were given fresh mushrooms. If by some chance that does happen, I believe the water weight makes the mushrooms 10x heavier. So if you're targeting 1g dry, I think it'd equal 10g fresh.

Edited by What Am I