davecraw

Any psychedelic users and Isha yoga practitioners?

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Has anyone here gone delved into both these domains deeply? Could you share your experience/insights?

I started with heavy psychedelic use and ended up very messed up (in my view) and have been doing Isha yoga (~6 hours a day of practices for about a year intensely and 3 years since being sucked in by Sadhguru). I have pretty much stopped psychedelic use per Sadhguru's comments about them. However, I still have lots of pain and am not even peaceful let alone joyful or anything like that. I'm wondering if I should try psychedelics again or if there's far more to this than I realize. I feel the Isha practices are so repetitive and I worry about that. I could go into more detail if there is any interest. Thank you.

Edited by davecraw

Why are you doing 6 hours every day? Are you on a retreat or something?

Personally I find then pretty powerful but stabilizing those states of consciousness 24/7 is what enlightment and the process of awakening is about..It probably won't take years, It can take a lifetime.

Dont stop doing psychedelics because sadhguru tells you too...maybe give them a try again and balance the pros and cons. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Posted (edited)

@davecraw Try Qigong and slow take it easy

6 hours a day seems extreme how do you have time for a balanced life at all? Did you, if you reflect go from one extreme to the next?

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

@davecraw can you tell what benefits do you see from doing that for a year for 6 (!!) hours ? Can you see a progression?

I do both psychedelics combined with shambhavi mahamudra and it's amazing!

Try 40 micro LSD and then do this exercise on the peak of lsd. You don't need much LSD for that.

Try 5 Meo and after the trip (not during!) you can see that it's more effective.

If I do the Banda lock (last exercise) I see blue color. Very interesting 

Edited by OBEler

1 hour ago, emil1234 said:

6 hours a day. damn son.

He might look like a noodle at this point of so much sadhana and asanas

🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

On 8/1/2024 at 6:24 PM, Thought Art said:

@davecraw Try Qigong and slow take it easy

6 hours a day seems extreme how do you have time for a balanced life at all? Did you, if you reflect go from one extreme to the next?

I live with my parents who pay my bills, so I have no formal job. I just cook dinner for them (all raw food which I highly recommend for energy). What do you think I'd get out of Qigong that I can't get with Isha practices?

Edited by davecraw

Posted (edited)

On 8/1/2024 at 5:30 PM, Javfly33 said:

Why are you doing 6 hours every day? Are you on a retreat or something?

Personally I find then pretty powerful but stabilizing those states of consciousness 24/7 is what enlightment and the process of awakening is about..It probably won't take years, It can take a lifetime.

Dont stop doing psychedelics because sadhguru tells you too...maybe give them a try again and balance the pros and cons. 

Yeah I'm just worried about taking psychedelics because I ended up with so much suffering and Sadhguru says people who take them slowly become retarded. I mean I think he's said some things that are untrue though, so I take it with a grain of salt. I think I'll try growing them and try micro-dosing and one big dose.

Edited by davecraw

Posted (edited)

On 8/1/2024 at 7:45 PM, OBEler said:

@davecraw can you tell what benefits do you see from doing that for a year for 6 (!!) hours ? Can you see a progression?

I do both psychedelics combined with shambhavi mahamudra and it's amazing!

Try 40 micro LSD and then do this exercise on the peak of lsd. You don't need much LSD for that.

Try 5 Meo and after the trip (not during!) you can see that it's more effective.

If I do the Banda lock (last exercise) I see blue color. Very interesting 

I sleep less (from maybe ~9 hours a day to ~7 hours a day now) and eat less (like once/twice a day now). That's a definite benefit because after my heavy psychedelic use I was so exhausted most of the time. I'm better off than I was before I started doing them, but it hasn't been enjoyable. Sometimes I feel really good doing the practices. Sometimes I think I should do something else because I'm so bored. I don't know of anyone with a state of being as good as Sadhguru's so I'm very reluctant to do anything he doesn't say. I am interested in trying micro-dosing with the practices. How long have you been combining them? What's your average state of being?

Edited by davecraw

Posted (edited)

@davecraw i discovered this recently.

It is the most incredible experience I had on LSD or should I say on shambhavi mahamudra. 

Please try it out and report. As I said 1/4 of LSD tab is enough (I didn't try out higher. Kundalini awakening will be guaranteed I think so don't dose too high). Wait 2-3 hours until you really trip and then execute shambhavi mahamudra.

So different! I understand now way better how this yoga exercise works 

Edited by OBEler

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, davecraw said:

Yeah I'm just worried about taking psychedelics because I ended up with so much suffering and Sadhguru says people who take them slowly become retarded. I mean I think he's said some things that are untrue though, so I take it with a grain of salt. I think I'll try growing them and try micro-dosing and one big dose.

Maybe the attitude of how you were doing psychedelics is what hurts you. We start thinking psychedelics are this magic pill they will get us to the end and we start hallucinating things, then it becomes another drug of abuse. 

You could this time using it just as an addition.

If I were you I would do two things:

1.  Do not abandon your sadhana even if you do psychedelics. Make sure you do not 'substitute' it because is not a replacement. They are two different things. 
  2. Yoga path is a complex and profound path. The fact that has the ultimate possibilities also means is not a fast growing seed. Expect the sadhana to last a lifetime, if not 20-25 years to grow into something transcendentally transformative. Knowing this, I would put the foot on the brake pedal a bit and instead of doing 3-6 hours do something you feel comfortable with, but make sure you do it with a certain reverence and seriousness of what you are trying to build.
  3. I see you say you find the practices boring. @davecraw 95% you are doing it in a mechanical way. Treat them with reverence and care, remind yourself of the inner engineering rules before doing it. Do it in nature. Etc. Spice things up, treat each sadhana like an alive entity. Never do sadhana mechanically. Execute mechanically and technically, yes, but do it devotionally, like you are going to die that day. 
Edited by Javfly33

@Javfly33 to point 3, LSD helps strongly on this one. This will not be boring. It's like you become shambhavi mahamudra. You merge with this exercise 

@davecraw 6 hours is way too much. You are probably not even a monk and doing that much just hurts you. Try doing max 2 hours of physical yoga and couple it with up to 1 hour kriya yoga. I can see that you over-do it physically and you are not gaining anything in terms of progress. Also you must have a very clean diet for all of that to work.

No, don't even try psychedelics it will fuck up your energy/chakra system. And you will need time to rearange it back to normal again. This will take a lot of time. If you are doing it naturally then don't try it, don't even play with it. Believe me, im talking from my personal experience, you can fuck yourself up.

But also I'am not your daddy and you can do w/e you want. Try it, find out for yourself, but I don't recommend it.

Mahadev

3 minutes ago, inFlow said:

@davecraw 6 hours is way too much. You are probably not even a monk and doing that much just hurts you. Try doing max 2 hours of physical yoga and couple it with up to 1 hour kriya yoga. I can see that you over-do it physically and you are not gaining anything in terms of progress. Also you must have a very clean diet for all of that to work.

No, don't even try psychedelics it will fuck up your energy/chakra system. And you will need time to rearange it back to normal again. This will take a lot of time. If you are doing it naturally then don't try it, don't even play with it. Believe me, im talking from my personal experience, you can fuck yourself up.

But also I'am not your daddy and you can do w/e you want. Try it, find out for yourself, but I don't recommend it.

I agree with Inflow, tone down the Shambhavi practice, do some Hatha Yoga as well, do some contemplation too, just because Your Bored doesn't mean You should do psychedelics, only do it if you already have a stable base, lots of these ppl are regular daily users, so be careful where You get Your information and advice from, someone that needs to do it daily or on the regular, or someone that doesn't and has the same experience.. I posted a thread of someone that has been in Isha for over 30yrs, he was there in the beginning, he knows Sadhguru personally, they had programs ranging from 50-700+ppl and they were all in Bliss in the end, its the real deal it is just we allow our situation to control us rather than us controlling our inner situation!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@inFlow can you elaborate what exactly happened?

I feel psychedelics heal/improve your chacra/energy system if you dose right.

Posted (edited)

@davecraw Beware of doing only mindless mechanical forms of spirituality.

You need to balance it out with serious contemplation and comprehension. Otherwise you're just a mindless Sadhguru monkey.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hi,

I do a similar amount of Sadhana to you but I have had absolutely phenomenonal results. Just note that with yoga, intensity is everything. If your too lax during your practice nothing will happen and you need to have some operating principles during the yoga. 

For example, during kriya yoga, it really is not effective until the breath and mind become one. Of course this is very difficult to get experientially. There are many other principles that need to be applied. 

For hatha yoga, movements should always be slow, controlled, and something I learned personally is to "occupy" the entire body especially while in the asanas. That is, instead of floating around in your head chattering, make an intense effort to occupy the entire body. 

Once the yoga is mechanical it's over. You will not make progress. I honestly don't understand how you can do 6 hours and not feel joyful. Something is not right or maybe these particular yogas are not for you. If I do a three hour session I am absolutely zonked. I get so high - much  much higher than smoking weed. 

And as Leo said above. If you ain't constantly contemplating then you are just one of sadhgurus little monkeys. Use his tools. Don't become a tool for him lol.

If these sadhanas don't work for you, maybe it's time to try something else?

3 hours ago, OBEler said:

@OBEler can you elaborate what exactly happened?

You just feel it right in the trip that something is going bad, that this is not normal and something is having an internal conflict. The last trip I did gave me such a bad ego-backlash that I couldn't practice yoga/meditation for two months. You get huge insights during the trip, I'm not gonna denny this fact, but man do you feel bad the upcoming days/weeks. And you really think about is it worth it. After that when I practice your sadhana, doing yoga, I feel that the energies are all over the place and that yoga helps them get back to normal, but psychedelics just messes everything up. I've heard my teachers of tantra mentioning this fact, but I've kinda didn't believe him, but when you actually build yourself as a yogi and try to experiment with psychedelics you start to understand that this just messes the things you worked so hard for. It might just be me, maybe some of you are fortunate and don't get influenced by it, or maybe you are that numb and have no awareness about it. Who knows. It's just my personal experience and I've never ever done it, let alone smoke weed, that fucks up you too.

Im living a sober life and yoga+kriya just makes you be in psychedelic states while you are sober. Sometimes it's very noticible, sometimes it's mild, but it feels like you are ALWAYS on something.

Mahadev

11 minutes ago, inFlow said:

You just feel it right in the trip that something is going bad, that this is not normal and something is having an internal conflict. The last trip I did gave me such a bad ego-backlash that I couldn't practice yoga/meditation for two months. You get huge insights during the trip, I'm not gonna denny this fact, but man do you feel bad the upcoming days/weeks. And you really think about is it worth it. After that when I practice your sadhana, doing yoga, I feel that the energies are all over the place and that yoga helps them get back to normal, but psychedelics just messes everything up. I've heard my teachers of tantra mentioning this fact, but I've kinda didn't believe him, but when you actually build yourself as a yogi and try to experiment with psychedelics you start to understand that this just messes the things you worked so hard for. It might just be me, maybe some of you are fortunate and don't get influenced by it, or maybe you are that numb and have no awareness about it. Who knows. It's just my personal experience and I've never ever done it, let alone smoke weed, that fucks up you too.

Im living a sober life and yoga+kriya just makes you be in psychedelic states while you are sober. Sometimes it's very noticible, sometimes it's mild, but it feels like you are ALWAYS on something.

Thanks for sharing!

I don't know, this bad feeling what exactly is it. Could be ego backslash but could also hangover effects from psychedelics.

I had hangovers as a beginner but it vanished after some tries and now I get good after effects. But often I don't recognize anythingnand feel total normal. Rarely feel I bad

@OBEler Everybody is different. It has different effects. Can't say anything about it just explain my personal experience and then people would just see for themselves.

Mahadev