davecraw

Any psychedelic users and Isha yoga practitioners?

35 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, inFlow said:

You just feel it right in the trip that something is going bad, that this is not normal and something is having an internal conflict. The last trip I did gave me such a bad ego-backlash that I couldn't practice yoga/meditation for two months. You get huge insights during the trip, I'm not gonna denny this fact, but man do you feel bad the upcoming days/weeks. And you really think about is it worth it. After that when I practice your sadhana, doing yoga, I feel that the energies are all over the place and that yoga helps them get back to normal, but psychedelics just messes everything up. I've heard my teachers of tantra mentioning this fact, but I've kinda didn't believe him, but when you actually build yourself as a yogi and try to experiment with psychedelics you start to understand that this just messes the things you worked so hard for. It might just be me, maybe some of you are fortunate and don't get influenced by it, or maybe you are that numb and have no awareness about it. Who knows. It's just my personal experience and I've never ever done it, let alone smoke weed, that fucks up you too.

Im living a sober life and yoga+kriya just makes you be in psychedelic states while you are sober. Sometimes it's very noticible, sometimes it's mild, but it feels like you are ALWAYS on something.

Hey I'm bit confused by your post because you talk about your last trip giving you an ego backlash but then at the end of your post you claim "you've never ever done it, let alone smoke weed". What are you referring to never having done there? I'm guessing you're not referring to not having done psychedelics there lol, but I don't know.

12 hours ago, Ishanga said:

posted a thread of someone that has been in Isha for over 30yrs, he was there in the beginning, he knows Sadhguru personally, they had programs ranging from 50-700+ppl and they were all in Bliss in the end, its the real deal it is just we allow our situation to control us rather than us controlling our inner situation!

If I am seriously practicing for 30 years, I don't want just to be in bliss, I want to be higher than Jesus on a bike.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

If I am seriously practicing for 30 years, I don't want just to be in bliss, I want to be higher than Jesus on a bike.

In the video The ppl in the program were newbies as far as I can understand, not long term practitioners, so yes I agree after 30yrs of serious sadhana if your still on the planet walking around (unless You make it so and have some sort of mission in mind like Sadhguru does) then something is wrong, you should have dissolved by then..

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

9 hours ago, Ishanga said:

In the video The ppl in the program were newbies as far as I can understand, not long term practitioners, so yes I agree after 30yrs of serious sadhana if your still on the planet walking around (unless You make it so and have some sort of mission in mind like Sadhguru does) then something is wrong, you should have dissolved by then..

It depends on the intensity of your sadhana.

If is 1 hour a day then 30 years for a permanent stablished Bliss is pretty damn good. Where do i sign? Sadhana for me is no effort at all. Particularly Hatha Yoga programs is a en enjoyable practice for me. Kriyas are a bit more demanding Though.

Is not the same as going to Live on the mountains and do 3 hours a day and then on weekends do 24/7 sadhana for 20 years. Then the possibility of leaving the body consciously opens Up.

I see no possibility of such unless you Live Deep on nature for a lot of time. 

Dissolving is no joke, we are talking about ending your physical attachment, tremendos clarity of consciousness need to be developed 

On 3/8/2024 at 10:57 AM, OBEler said:

@Javfly33 to point 3, LSD helps strongly on this one. This will not be boring. It's like you become shambhavi mahamudra. You merge with this exercise 

You become Shamabhi itself? 😎

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

@Javfly33 haha I mean just it all is such a flow state, I do automatically almost. I feel everything 100 times more intensive. I am so focused.

Try it out and see

On 8/3/2024 at 9:49 PM, davecraw said:

What are you referring to never having done there?

AFTER THAT EXPERIENCE I never did weed/psychedelics again.

Mahadev

On 03/08/2024 at 10:43 AM, davecraw said:

Yeah I'm just worried about taking psychedelics because I ended up with so much suffering and Sadhguru says people who take them slowly become retarded. I mean I think he's said some things that are untrue though, so I take it with a grain of salt. I think I'll try growing them and try micro-dosing and one big dose.

yeah take it with a grain of salt, remember neem karoli baba called it yogi medicine

On 8/3/2024 at 3:58 AM, Leo Gura said:

@davecraw Beware of doing only mindless mechanical forms of spirituality.

You need to balance it out with serious contemplation and comprehension. Otherwise you're just a mindless Sadhguru monkey.

I find a lot of peace abiding in the Self (self inquiry). It brings me relaxation and clarity :) I believe it can help me with contemplation, comprehension and working towards my life purpose/discovering what drives me. I would appreciate your input on this. Thanks!

On 8/3/2024 at 4:31 AM, Anon212 said:

Hi,

I do a similar amount of Sadhana to you but I have had absolutely phenomenonal results. Just note that with yoga, intensity is everything. If your too lax during your practice nothing will happen and you need to have some operating principles during the yoga. 

For example, during kriya yoga, it really is not effective until the breath and mind become one. Of course this is very difficult to get experientially. There are many other principles that need to be applied. 

For hatha yoga, movements should always be slow, controlled, and something I learned personally is to "occupy" the entire body especially while in the asanas. That is, instead of floating around in your head chattering, make an intense effort to occupy the entire body. 

Once the yoga is mechanical it's over. You will not make progress. I honestly don't understand how you can do 6 hours and not feel joyful. Something is not right or maybe these particular yogas are not for you. If I do a three hour session I am absolutely zonked. I get so high - much  much higher than smoking weed. 

And as Leo said above. If you ain't constantly contemplating then you are just one of sadhgurus little monkeys. Use his tools. Don't become a tool for him lol.

If these sadhanas don't work for you, maybe it's time to try something else?

This is good advice. Being intentional about everything we do is so  important.

On 8/3/2024 at 3:49 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

how much higher can you get than bliss/ecstacy/peace? Just 'extreme' forms of this, which many advanced spiritual practitioners experience.  Do share :) 

On 8/3/2024 at 3:49 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

according to the Law of One, Jesus is currently in 4D workin out some life stuff. 

On 8/4/2024 at 3:07 AM, Javfly33 said:

It depends on the intensity of your sadhana.

If is 1 hour a day then 30 years for a permanent stablished Bliss is pretty damn good. Where do i sign? Sadhana for me is no effort at all. Particularly Hatha Yoga programs is a en enjoyable practice for me. Kriyas are a bit more demanding Though.

Is not the same as going to Live on the mountains and do 3 hours a day and then on weekends do 24/7 sadhana for 20 years. Then the possibility of leaving the body consciously opens Up.

I see no possibility of such unless you Live Deep on nature for a lot of time. 

Dissolving is no joke, we are talking about ending your physical attachment, tremendos clarity of consciousness need to be developed 

You become Shamabhi itself? 😎

Self inquiry :)

On 8/4/2024 at 3:16 AM, OBEler said:

@Javfly33 haha I mean just it all is such a flow state, I do automatically almost. I feel everything 100 times more intensive. I am so focused.

Try it out and see

I have found myself working jobs in kitchens where there was a lot of pressure to work fast, and found myself in flow states like this (and mind you this is not my kind of thing, working quick in kitchens, although I'm getting better at it). So it seems a sort of pressure (outside pressure IME and with an employer where I had something on the line like my job) along with intentional presence is necessary to achieve a flow state, IME. This has happened to me more than once in similar scenarios, just to share.

15 hours ago, Holymoly said:

yeah take it with a grain of salt, remember neem karoli baba called it yogi medicine

he took like 20 very strong LSD tabs that were specially made for Ram Dass but nothing happened to him 😂 

Posted (edited)

How do you support yourself?

what if instead of spending 6 hours a day doing spiritual practice you spent an hour and filled the rest of your time with making money and socializing?

Edited by Oppositionless