Wizardking

What should I listen to 4-6 hours a day?

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

John Vervaeke's Awakening from the Meaning Crisis series. It's 50 videos, one hour each.

If you're into science and metaphysics, try Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal. I recommend the ones with Bernardo Kastrup and John Vervaeke, both together and solo.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

6 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

John Vervaeke's Awakening from the Meaning Crisis series. It's 50 videos, one hour each.

If you're into science and metaphysics, try Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal. I recommend the ones with Bernardo Kastrup and John Vervaeke, both together and solo.

Oh I started that series a while back and totally forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! 

And I love Curts channel, will definitely check those out

On 02/08/2024 at 5:55 PM, Applegarden8 said:

Sielence, seriously. And that means just talking less to people, speaking shorter and listening to your own ambience. Better to implement some mindfulness technique and slow your life down to quit or improve things one at the time. You are still making progress, and for some of your problems a quite a big progress for solving these issues at all. Usually people multitasking and never really permanently solve it. You don't need more information. You need more self-inquiry and awareness, you probably already know what and how to do. From basic things to your life purpose. Life purpose is just harder to put together.

Do you really think I need that much silence? I'm already meditating at least an hour every day and working in silence at least 1 hour every day. I also basically meditate 20-40min every evening because I just meditate until I fall asleep. 

I'm already laser focused on my life purpose but I have no lack of knowledge there at the moment, it's just lack of time to execute due to my main job. So there is no reason for me to really narrow down more on the task at hand because I already know what to do and I'm doing it as much as possible. I've already laid out the plan for the coming 3 months and gathered most of the knowledge for it so now it's only about executing.

The reason I made the post is because I still want to make the best out of my time and I don't want this opportunity to be wasted. If there is something I can listen to while working that will grow me in some way I want to do that. 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Wizardking said:

Do you really think I need that much silence? I'm already meditating at least an hour every day and working in silence at least 1 hour every day. I also basically meditate 20-40min every evening because I just meditate until I fall asleep. 

I'm already laser focused on my life purpose but I have no lack of knowledge there at the moment, it's just lack of time to execute due to my main job. So there is no reason for me to really narrow down more on the task at hand because I already know what to do and I'm doing it as much as possible. I've already laid out the plan for the coming 3 months and gathered most of the knowledge for it so now it's only about executing.

The reason I made the post is because I still want to make the best out of my time and I don't want this opportunity to be wasted. If there is something I can listen to while working that will grow me in some way I want to do that. 

I may not be able to know what's best for you. But it is the most helpful thing for me to change some basic problems in my life like diet, otherwise it's social media, over-eating, over-doing, wanting to over-enjoy menral dhiartea and end up rushing everything, getting married, having children, starting a business, going to travel in a speed like you are running away from something (i am being sarcastic, but there is truth to what I am saying).

I think you can use this time to collect the toughts you are thinking during the day. Write them in a journal for 20 minutes at the end of the day and it can continune shaping figuring what you want and know-how and mainly having a healthy and sustainable lifestyle behind that. I remember being younger and being unable to relax to a point I have to do something. I wish you luck. Why I suggested listening to nothing is because podcasts will overestimate and oversaturate you with ideas you didn't ask for.

At the very least, you want to be healthy and have solid foundation for your mental health and overall well-being. Then you will enjoy building something from start to finish.

Edited by Applegarden8

Misc Audible books on psychology, consciousness, and history. 

David R. Hawkins:

• Transcending the Levels of Consciousness

• I - Reality and Subjectivity

• The Eye of the I

• Discovery of the Presence of God

• Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man

• Letting Go

• Healing and Recovery

James Allen - Complete Premium Collection

E. H. Gombrich - A Little History of the World

On 01/08/2024 at 8:45 PM, Wizardking said:

My attempt at describing what I'm looking for: 

Maybe a very deep and layered book about psychology but I wouldn't know which one. I have read a lot of Carl Jungs books but they do not really have the same effect on me as The Power of Now. Not sure how to exactly describe what kind of book I experience The Power of Now to be. The best way I can put it is that it acts as a mirror in some sense. I look into it and see something new about myself. The next time I look into it I see something new again. And it is as if some discoveries allow for the coming discoveries. It really is like therapy where you find puzzle piece after puzzle piece and slowly start to get an idea of the big picture making connections all over it. It also always leaves me in a very heightened state with a clear mind. Kind of like the day after a trip.

I was doing this listening for hours in last winter while working with my brother in a CNC machine work. There was a lot o noise so I used the podcast to stop the noise and listening something while work. But alert. Sometimes is better to be present when working with heavy machines. Neural beats was a second option and frequencys and sometimes jumping to nice music. Remember that our mind have also a sort of digestive process. To much input with not output or creation work becomes indigestive. 

I dont listen Leo content twice anymore, and listen again some video only if I feel the call for some topic. Better listen something once well than half-ass listening and need to listen again. 

There are some excellent "New Thought" audiobooks on Librivox, which is the Western progenitor of all of the "Law of Attraction" stuff that's been floating around for the last 20 years or so. Personally, I was surprised at the quality of the work compared to modern work on the subject, as in it tends to be more practical and directly written with significantly less amounts of fluff and repetition. (Though it's true: there really is not much new to say on the subject that has not already been said since time immemorial, but the quality of language, accessibility, and contemporary applicability are hugely variable.) Out of the top of my head: most of William Walker Atkinson's more popular books were good.  (Thought Vibration, The Power of Concentration, Memory: How to Develop Train and use it, etc.)

All the books are free to download on their website. You can also buy the phone app for a couple dollars; I've gotten really good usage out of it myself. There are also lots of amazing public domain books there, if older books are your thing. Personally, I find a lot of books by ancient Greek and Roman authors to be a dry read, and even though I'm a super fast read and was never much of an audiobook person, I've actually ended up getting through a bunch of ancient historical works that I would not have enjoyed as much otherwise.

The reader quality is variable though, which is to be expected since it's done by volunteer readers and it's free.

If you're North American (US/ Canada, not sure about Europe or elsewhere), your public library probably has some excellent contemporary audiobooks for free.

I'm in Canada and I can borrow and listen to audiobooks through an app as well (Libby).  (Though personally, it didn't end up being my cup of tea, with many modern writers taking way too long to get to the point and all, so I'd rather just read it in print.)

Posted (edited)

I like to listen to my body.

I'll only put the earplugs in when my mind is asking for it.

I never put them in out of boredom and this makes for a good balance of receiving content vs experiencing my own thoughts.

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

On 8/1/2024 at 3:45 PM, Wizardking said:

It really is like therapy where you find puzzle piece after puzzle piece and slowly start to get an idea of the big picture making connections all over it.

That's the joy! These are pretty good for psychology:

• 50 Psychological Classics
  • Everybody Lies 
  • Elephant in the brain 
  • Laws of Human Nature

Posted (edited)

Think for a several hours what your biggest life problems are. What is holding you the most in life, and where do you want to be in the future.

When you find the answers, write them down.

a. Feed chat gpt with answers. 

b. Tell it to recommend you 10 books that would help you become better according to the info it has about you.

c. Download Audible and enjoy becoming more informed about your specific life issues.

At your free time, you can do the exercises you learned about in those books.

This has been extremely powerful for me.

Im listening audiobooks during my night shifts and while working on weekends, driving, cycling etc.

Edited by shree

I used to have a job good for listening to audiobooks. I got an Audible membership and listens to very many books. You could pick good titles from Leos book list about whatever you're struggling with. 

Posted (edited)

Working with sound was a big part of my awakening it let me study philosophy through my ears and understand God. Use this time to listen to philosophy and learn about what you are. I was pounding back 12 hours of information everyday.

Edited by Hojo

On 14.8.2024 at 6:31 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

Silence 

That would be very, very long working time.

Practice thinking high quality thoughts.

And keep listening to audiobooks that interest you on different topics. 

On 8/1/2024 at 9:55 AM, Wizardking said:

I'm currently working at a warehouse where I mostly work alone and can use earbuds while working. Sometimes I get overstimulated listening to all the personal development videos on Youtube. At some point it just goes in one ear and out the other. Nothing sticks. I end up listening to the same videos over and over again. I have probably listened to most of Leos videos at least 2-3 times. I'm already taking action and applying some of the knowledge but I can only focus on so much at a time so being given all this other knowledge doesn't really help me when I can't do anything more at this moment. But I still want to do something productive with this given opportunity. I listen to The Power of Now which is really calming and centers me in the moment but I've probably listened to it over a hundred times by now. Any recommendations? Something that helps me grow in some way. Thank you for reading 

Spotify has a ton of audiobooks out. I would go ham on those. Great opportunity.

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube