CARDOZZO

Ralston's Final Awakening?

454 posts in this topic

Just now, Water by the River said:

That was Buddhism 1.0

Buddhism 4.0 and the Boddhisattva admits and commits to her eternal illusion gig. 

Is there a good explanation for how early Buddhists could have missed the mark on bringing non-duality into their everyday lives? Genuinely asking because you seem knowledgeable about the history.

It seems difficult to believe that dedicated practitioners of their caliber could miss something as glaring as that, when even modern practitioners with all our distractions and vices can stumble upon it. Just from getting into the jhanas, shouldn't their perception have become cleansed enough to notice enlightenment hiding behind the scenes? I wonder if many of the early practitioners were in fact fully and properly enlightened, but it wasn't reflected well in the scripture.

18 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

This would have a implication: that we, as humans, would be a holon composed of infinite holons, and so would an ant, Leo's alien, and the entire universe, so there would be no difference in complexity between them, and there is

Imagine our experience as bending light, if it went straight, it'd move infinitely to infinity, without cycles, always new.

If it bends even a little, it loops around and creates a toroidal field of a certain size. more bending, smaller field.

Take that as a metaphor for reality, the light is strongly bent right now, excluding all that lies beyond its vision.

And so we might find voids or loops around the universe, not seeing what's outside of it, because it gravitates back.

But that doesn't mean there's nothing there. It's just that our current experience chose to exclude those scales.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

9 minutes ago, emil1234 said:

i'll make sure not to cleanse my karma then. i dont want this party to stop hehehe

I always thought that when I heard that about stopping the wheel. I prefer it to keep spinning.

2 minutes ago, What Am I said:

Is there a good explanation for how early Buddhists could have missed the mark on bringing non-duality into their everyday lives? Genuinely asking because you seem knowledgeable about the history.

It seems difficult to believe that dedicated practitioners of their caliber could miss something as glaring as that, when even modern practitioners with all our distractions and vices can stumble upon it. Just from getting into the jhanas, shouldn't their perception have become cleansed enough to notice enlightenment hiding behind the scenes? I wonder if many of the early practitioners were in fact fully and properly enlightened, but it wasn't reflected well in the scripture.

Because the Jhanas are not Enlightenment. And the Jhanas are reached easier via hardcore concentrative meditation than Enlightenment. 

The guys who wrote the books, got the patronage, and spread the word had more Cessation chaps to watch.

Btw., there probably was no historic Buddha. More on that in my archive.

Selling Buddhist Iconoclasm by the River

1 minute ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Imagine our experience as bending light, if it went straight, it'd move infinitely to infinity, without cycles, always new.

If it bends even a little, it loops around and creates a toroidal field of a certain size. more bending, smaller field.

Take that as a metaphor for reality, the light is strongly bent right now, excluding all that lies beyond its vision.

And so we might find voids or loops around the universe, not seeing what's outside of it, because it gravitates back.

But that doesn't mean there's nothing there. It's just that our current experience chose to exclude those scales.

Rather, I would say that the content of my field of consciousness is limited by the fact of being grared with other infinite fields of consciousness, all of them being the same consciousness or unlimited amplitude in which a concrete experience emerges that is both limited and fed by others infinite concrete experiences, all of them perfectly coordinated

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I always thought that when I heard that about stopping the wheel. I prefer it to keep spinning.

yes, the way i see it there is no way in hell this is what the buddha actually taught. all other religions amased followers through the promise of an eternal life. Buddhism allegedly amased followers the direct opposite way, by instructing people how to end an already eternal cycle of life definitively.

no way the buddha could have gotten followers by preaching a spiritual suicide tutorial

Edited by emil1234

473de659466919978a0d64ef261f92d6.gif@Breakingthewall This is a field of consciousness, it can expand or contract

It determines its own shape, it could even implode or become non-euclidean

It doesn't see what's outside In its current form, it does however loop

Which allows it to interact with its parts and harmonize them into patterns

These patterns determine action/reaction, evolution, and the nature of life

Without it, no associations, art, understanding, self-reference would be possible

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Because the Jhanas are not Enlightenment. And the Jhanas are reached easier via hardcore concentrative meditation than Enlightenment. 

The guys who wrote the books, got the patronage, and spread the word had more Cessation chaps to watch.

Btw., there probably was no historic Buddha. More on that in my archive.

Selling Buddhist Iconoclasm by the River

I've definitely heard about the likelihood of there not being a historical Buddha. The origin story matches many other mystical traditions' stories. I guess it serves some kind of narrative purpose for the masses.

I don't know, I still find it funky to imagine that early Buddhists didn't intuitively come to the same conclusion as simpletons like us (modern people). Like you mentioned, perhaps it was due to the influence of those who wrote the books.

Edited by What Am I

1 minute ago, Breakingthewall said:

Rather, I would say that the content of my field of consciousness is limited by the fact of being grared with other infinite fields of consciousness, all of them being the same consciousness or unlimited amplitude in which a concrete experience emerges that is both limited and fed by others infinite concrete experiences, all of them perfectly coordinated

I agree, there is no contradiction. After all, what is a holon? What is a person? Where does one barrier end and another begin?

Everything is infinitely interconnected, and yet there are gestalts, forms, selves, homeostatic organisms, systems, planets

And they are both determined by what they are and how their energy moves, as much as what they're contrasted against

There is no closed system, and yet we each create our own reality, are given a specific experience where the rest is obscured

And so it this vast holistically intertwined consciousness, there are holons, parts, and wholes, like this field.

And my previous posts describe how this field of body-mind-soul complexes changes its shape and perception inside Infinity

17 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Half of the thread is people competing for telepathic omniscience (@puporing vs @Salvijus)

We've got people arguing about how infinite/finite Infinity is (@Breakingthewall vs @Water by the River & @Princess Arabia)

We've got a gaslight feedback loop around Aliens (@Inliytened1 vs @Leo Gura)

We've got whole pages of upset egos annoyed by each others' attitudes (@vibv vs @Salvijus vs @puporing vs/coop @Nemra

In a thread about awakening, I'm trying to catch up with. I LOVE THE SMELL OF ACTUALIZED.ORG IN THE MORNING! xD

Koan: Who is talking to himself always?

@Water by the River Better question, who isn't?

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Nemra said:

@puporing

I apologized for trolling you.

Understanding doesn't end.

What do you mean by understanding all minds?

Do you understand my mind fully?

If so, how? And what can you tell me about myself without discussing with me?

Yeah it can. 

It's because of my state, I don't know how else to explain that.

Basically just about every mind in this world is in various forms of "ego consciousness". Once you get out of your own you can understand all the ego consciousness out there. 

It doesn't take much for me to "know" someone's mind. You have more light just because you are aware of what you were doing and apologized. I measure everything based on how much love someone really has within them at the end of the day and it's not about just some text but how that text is being conveyed, among other things.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

We are off topic 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

We are off topic 

we need a free for all chat thread

Edited by emil1234

Word on the street says Ralston just had his final awakening. Good for him. :)

Posted (edited)

Calling an awakening final is foolish.

That's the lesson here.

There are many, many unique dimensions, aspects, and quirks of consciousness which are easily missed.

To treat consciousness as if it was some binary or linear thing is a profound error and must lead to self-deception.

Moreover, humans do not have ultimate consciousness precisely because they are humans.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Nonbeing is not.

Absolute nonbeing can't even not-be, as there isn't even time not to be in and aware of.

I've experienced multiple pathways towards nonbeing though, very intriguing.

But eventually, there was nothing not to be. Maybe I just went the wrong way around.

Or maybe I wasn't being nonbeing or unbeing or dissolved far enough.

Now I'm walking towards transcending being itself, rather than trying to shrink it into nothing.

16 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

We are off topic 

"Consciousness truly is an infinitely interconnected self-communicating field” - Leo

Maybe we are Ralston's Final Awakening? Take that for a plot twist we are too meta for xD

Let me bring you a gift. *Puts mirror in front of you*. You're the gift!

17 minutes ago, emil1234 said:

we need a free for all chat thread

Or a free for all minigame on the forum like agar.io or something lol. Just make it holistic and infinite