CARDOZZO

Ralston's Final Awakening?

454 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As a child, he learned English at the American missionary school. At the age of 16, in perfect health, he was seized by a deep morbid fear. Lying on the ground, he mimed his death and the state of a corpse. The shock of this experience caused a liberation and Ramana Maharshi realized that death only concerned his body:

"So I am Spirit transcending the body. The body dies but the Spirit that transcends it cannot be reached by death. This means that I am the Spirit that does not die2."

He then entered a deep ecstasy through the immersion of the atman in the brahman. This mystical experience transformed him and made him understand the nature of life. He then went to a temple in Tiruvannamalai and remained almost motionless for more than 2 years, in a state of total detachment. He had to be given food so that he would not die of hunger

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramana_Maharshi

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

2 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

A big panic attack I think, from what i remember.

Interesting I didn’t know

Just now, Schizophonia said:

As a child, he learned English at the American missionary school. At the age of 16, in perfect health, he was seized by a deep morbid fear. Lying on the ground, he mimed his death and the state of a corpse. The shock of this experience caused a liberation and Ramana Maharshi realized that death only concerned his body:

"So I am Spirit transcending the body. The body dies but the Spirit that transcends it cannot be reached by death. This means that I am the Spirit that does not die2."

He then entered a deep ecstasy through the immersion of the atman in the brahman. This mystical experience transformed him and made him understand the nature of life. He then went to a temple in Tiruvannamalai and remained almost motionless for more than 2 years, in a state of total detachment. He had to be given food so that he would not die of hunger

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramana_Maharshi#SRM88

Cool that sounds lovely 

I am glad he’s got plans for 2 more books. I’ll read them alright. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Carbon said:

Do you intend your "Alien Mind" course to help bridge that understanding gap?

Yes.

But the gap cannot really be bridged without insane levels of new awakening. And I cannot give you that part.

Of course I know you mean something far deeper than this. If I want to start to understand Alien Consciousness in the meanwhile, where would I begin?

I'm saving that material for the course. If I give everything away what is the point of the course and how do I pay my bills?

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

Maybe now Ralston can appreciate why I sound "arrogant and perhaps nuts".

Welcome to club Leo.

Edited by Leo Gura

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe now Ralston can appreciate why I sound "arrogant and nuts".

Welcome to the club.

Haha yeah...I also recognized that.

Oh man. 

6 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

But if there is even deeper than that i have no clue, what could be beyond simple no self.

There is so much consciousness beyond no-self that no-self is not even worth talking about.

@Leo Gura Do you ever think about the what new technologies could be invented to perhaps help with your spiritual work? For instance, would you maybe want a device that could take you to an alien state without having to use psychedelics? Or perhaps raise your baseline level of consciousness permanently? This realm of science isn't even explored because most scientist would never take these ideas seriously. But I'm curious on what new things we can learn by studying minds like yours. What's interesting about humans is that there even is a spectrum for what states of consciousness you can access, and the fact that it is even possible without having to change your DNA. I can imagine for ants there isn't much variety.

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Archie said:

@Leo Gura Do you ever think about the what new technologies could be invented to perhaps help with your spiritual work? For instance, would you maybe want a device that could take you to an alien state without having to use psychedelics?

Of course I'd want such a device.

But I have no clue how we would go about making it.

We are like 1000 years away from such technology, but for sure it will come someday.

What's interesting about humans is that there even is a spectrum for what states of consciousness you can access, and the fact that it is even possible without having to change your DNA. I can imagine for ants there isn't much variety.

Yes, humans are extremely lucky to be as flexible in our consciousness as we are.

Never forget: You could have been born an ant.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Never forget: You could have been born an ant.

Could we have been not born at all? In this dream, you are dependent on others things within the dream. For instance, in order to be born, there has to be someone else pregnant. If your parents never had sex, how could you exist? If you never existed, then what would your consciousness be like?

Before age 4, there is a blank. I have no memories of being in the womb nor anything prior. After I am dead, I assume it will be a similar blank. But this doesn’t seem right because consciousness abhors a vacuum. There is no such thing as nothingness because consciousness is always imagining something. Nothing doesn’t exist. Nonexistence doesn’t exist. Buddhists have it wrong.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

There's a Buddhist saying regarding the likelihood of being born human that essentially goes: A precious human life is as rare as a blind sea turtle which, upon surfacing from the sea once every hundred years, happens to emerge popping its head through a tiny loop.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Could we have been not born at all? In this dream, you are dependent on others things within the dream. For instance, in order to be born, there has to be someone else pregnant. If your parents never had sex, how could you exist? If you never existed, then what would your consciousness be like?

Ultimately birth and death are imaginary.

It's hard understand this without some deep awakening.

Before age 4, there is a blank. I have no memories of being in the womb nor anything prior. After I am dead, I assume it will be a similar blank.

So, what you're missing is that that past is imaginary. You imagine the blank in the present.

There is no such thing as nothingness because consciousness is always imagining something. Nothing doesn’t exist. Nonexistence doesn’t exist. Buddhists have it wrong.

Consciousnes is nothingness. Nothingness is both empty and full at the same time.

Edited by Leo Gura

16 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

There is no such thing as nothingness because consciousness is always imagining something.

Those imagined things have to come from somewhere. That place is what's called nothingness. Thought's arise from nothingness. Everything is arising from nothingness - but remember, that's just a word, a word that came from nothingness.

Know thyself....

His stuff always sound to me like 4 path/non dual stage, which is supposedly to be the last stage. How can he go beyond that ? I don´t understand. @Water by the River

Posted (edited)

Never forget: You could have been born a fork.

^_^

Edited by Leo Gura

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

^_^

Or a donkey.

Know thyself....

4 hours ago, Salvijus said:

It's funny because all these years he was saying there's nothing beyond this, there's nothing beyond this. And now this. What a slap in a face to all the nondualist here, haha. But he also slapped himself in the face :D this is funny ngl... 

Which is why I don’t listen to these teachers. They always say this is the bottom blah blah. I say I live in the unknown. This way there is always something new to learn and discover. You will never stop learning, expanding and discovering if you realize you live in the unknown. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

^_^

No coulds or shoulds only is’s

I’m pumped for his books. 

His mind is incredible 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

Edited by Thought Art
Trying to stop double posting

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"