Nemra

Where to travel in Europe?

55 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Nemra said:

I will also consider the political situation over time, especially the laws on psychedelics (I don't want to worry too much about trying it).

Every country on europe have banned psychedelics, there are just countries less severe than others. France is pretty laxist on this domain, i have no idea for others.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

If you also consider living in the country, then I would say Portugal. It's a small(ish) country, people are really nice, everything is cheap and it's safe to live there.

Balkan countries are not that safe and there is a lot of air pollution in winter.

Canary Islands are also nice but they are far away from mainland Europe and some people there hate foreigners.

Edited by FourCrossedWands

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Every country on europe have banned psychedelics, there are just countries less severe than others.

Well, I haven't yet decided where to live, but the less problems I can get into, the better. Also, it's not also the laws that matter related to psychedelics. People here view it as a narcotic drug. People don't even know what psychedelics could be used for. Maybe a few. I'm like in a Christian cult. 😅

Edited by Nemra

15 minutes ago, Nemra said:

Well, I haven't yet decided where to live, but the less problems I can get into, the better. Also, it's not also the laws that matter related to psychedelics. People here view it as a narcotic drug. People don't even know what psychedelics could be used for. Maybe a few. I'm like in a Christian cult. 😅

France for food, weather, diversity of landscapes and laxism about drugs :) But you have to learn French.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

France for food, weather, diversity of landscapes and laxism about drugs :) But you have to learn French.

I learned French when I was a kid. However, I forgot most of it. But I can learn it.

Edited by Nemra

3 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I learned French when I was a kid. But I forgot most of it. But I can learn.

Ahah.

Well if the idea comes to you to show up in France, let me know, if you want.

👍

4 hours ago, FourCrossedWands said:

If you also consider living in the country, then I would say Portugal. It's a small(ish) country, people are really nice, everything is cheap and it's safe to live there.

I have heard a lot of people in tech traveling Portugal for staying there.

4 hours ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Canary Islands are also nice but they are far away from mainland Europe and some people there hate foreigners.

Well, if I worked there, would they hate me too?

Posted (edited)

I am from Ireland and I think its lovely to visit but having visited most of Europe, for me south of France is just unmatched. 

Beautiful beaches, hot weather, incredible food, very friendly locals (unlike Paris), endless hiking in Les Calanques, very lax with drugs, great nightlife. And you can visit many cities easily using SNCF trains. Nice, Marseille, Menton, even Monaco etc...

Of course, there are the tourists at this time of year and the horrible mosquitoes. It is getting quite expensive down there too but if you go to the right places it's not too bad 

Edited by Anon212

@Anon212

In what way is it unmatched?

1 minute ago, Anon212 said:

I am from Ireland and I think its lovely to visit

I've seen beautiful pictures of Ireland's landscapes.

Do you agree that this is the case?

@Nemra yes, especially along the west coast going south. It's absolutely stunning.

Rome, Barcelona, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Greece, Alps (for example Switzerland), Budapest, Valencia, Lyon etc etc etc

depends what you’re looking for

Posted (edited)

Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade, Lisbon, Paris, Madrid, Italy, Croatia.

The sad reality is that most of Western Europe is so busy, rich, and uninterested in socialization that most cities are empty husks, like Switzerland's Zurich. Europe will always have scenery places like the Alps or whatever, but that is probably the least interesting thing about every country.

Then again, I have pretty extroverted thinking, solitude might be what you're looking for, It's just lonely and uninteresting to me. There's a saying here where I live, the westerners live to work while the easterners work to live.

Edited by MarkKol

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade, Lisbon, Paris, Madrid, Italy, Croatia.

The sad reality is that most of Western Europe is so busy, rich, and uninterested in socialization that most cities are empty husks, like Switzerland's Zurich. Europe will always have scenery places like the Alps or whatever, but that is probably the least interesting thing about every country.

Then again, I have pretty extroverted thinking, solitude might be what you're looking for, It's just lonely and uninteresting to me. There's a saying here where I live, the westerners live to work while the easterners work to live.

i don’t agree

i think zürich is great for its size. It’s small. Only 500k population compared to bigger european cities

but has a lot to offer, great public transport, quite vibrant, very international, lots to see, good night life, can swim in the lake etc

Edited by PurpleTree

50 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

.There's a saying here where I live, the westerners live to work while the easterners work to live

Never heard that saying btw

sounds like total bs

Posted (edited)

Strasbourg is the most pretty city where i've ever gone. 

Paris is the most impressive. 

Stockholm is is the least stressful, it's very modern and calm, it's probably pleasant to live in.

Berlin is a bit like Stockholm, at the vibe level.

London is the most overrated city i've visited, it just sucks. :)

Edited by Schizophonia

Posted (edited)

Berlin and Vienna are the best cities to visit if you are an old person looking for 18th century war monuments and posh restaurants with $$$ price tags.

If you actually want to see some cool stuff, then you should visit cities like Athens, Rome, Prague, Valletta

Edited by FourCrossedWands

Bad timing perhaps, but St. Petersburg is a vibe. On my bucket list as well.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Posted (edited)

20 hours ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Berlin and Vienna are the best cities to visit if you are an old person looking for 18th century war monuments and posh restaurants with $$$ price tags.

If you actually want to see some cool stuff, then you should visit cities like Athens, Rome, Prague, Valletta

I'm old and young at the same time. 😁 But I ain't rich.

I'm also thinking of visiting cities and just walking around and going to places, maybe relatively cheep restaurants, cafes, and shops. Also, places that are open landscapes or forests.

Edited by Nemra

@Nilsi

Well, I didn't think to go there. But maybe when situation changes.

Cool video. It was personal at some point.