Applegarden8

Solving the problem of problems

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Greetings,

Since I took some time off my work, I had some quality time alone. Now I am back to the race and I have some insights. The aim of this post is a pep-talk on life and if you can spot, a method to change your life to attempt to change your life again and again.

This is more for people that are not traditionally oriented and are seeking to build their own narrow and niche life purpose, even without a clear idea.

So, how this solution may look, feel, be like? Please note that some of your problems vary from mine and you still have to find YOUR answers as I am searching for mine.

After this sentence I am only talking about my life experience alone and it not life or medical advice.

So I have some fundemental behaviours I want to change, because they are stealing energy for me. I can't settle for mediocrity. I rather die trying. I feel my existence is worth something more. I don't want to spend my time bragging, gossiping and policing others. I don't want to care how the other is doing. As long as they are good, completely don't give a shit.

So where is that gray area for the invisible problem what you have to solve to change that habit or habits which destroys your life? These few habits or fears piled up with forgetfulness and the coping strategies masking these problems. What am I saying this this? My life experience shows me that you can solve the most basic delusions of your life, however you will be immediately cast out by people around you (meaning that you will endlessly argue about what you eat how you eat and what is the general direction of your life and people will project their isecurities about you) and it is very hard to achieve that. Not because it is hard by design but because of where we are as a society in this point of time. If you told people that you eat once a day for example in your workplace, especially because you have a health problem, you will be laughed at by your peers who acctually haven't tried any alternative models in the field of what to eat, when to eat and how to eat. But there are events in your calendar where you will overeat the worst things. And the worst thing is that this affects your quality of life to the extent you don't even know.

So the actual solution something that you can work on every day like spending some hour or two after work and in your free time researching what are good models of a diet to eat permanently and this includes the dimension of fasting.

So creating a solid foundation of knowledge that you have an OK idea of what acctually constitutes a good food, how much can it be stored, can it be cooked, what is the lowest water content it can have, is it sattvic etc. Is what will give you the most energy to live life and to create whatever other purposes you have. So this is like one of the basic problems. And mentally what you have to solve to stop over-eating. But if you do, it adds 30 years to your life and makes your life of a decent quality. That means you will miss most of the chronic ailments, never be fat and the odds are you will enjoy most of the life from not knowing to working on a solution to enjoying what you manifested. Then your only problem is arguing with people who think they know but have these ailments of a bad diet, because they never really put the hours of their time to research, test and implement that.

There are other basic solutions like working with your mental and emotional scars and the potential of where meditation can take you, how to truly sit with yourself, how to stop consuming media and to really start discover what is life about. I strongly believe that you can and should work for it. And since I have a lifestyle where I can be alone, I can really use this time. 

I am thinking of still doing full time work, doing some music on the side and literally spend most of my energy left in self-reflection, pursuit of health and spirituality. It acctually very practical.

So what do I have to do?

Choosing to live without something consistently and using those emotions for self-reflection and spiritual practice. Like not eating in certain frequency or not eating certain food or giving up some activities and changing them for active spiritual practice and seeing what happens.

That means regular practice of basic yoga and some kind of self-accountability practice to mark whether and how much I have done.

That means doing things one of a time in your personal life in a silent atmosphere without any medium of entertainment. Like if I am working I am only working. If I am eating, it is a separate and complete activity, I don't do eating together with another activity like watching a youtube video. If I watch a YouTube video, I only do that, if I talk with somebody I talk with somebody and if I want to do music, I stop talking and stop watching videos and only do music for that time. That means downgrading your life to fit your own expectations realistically in a non-spontaneous way and building intensity of action and only then building speed and multi-tasking if possible, because forgetfulness is the worst thing that happens for any self-development activity.

That means projecting a vision and using manifestation and other desire related tantra based techniques daily with a defined method that I do exactly as I have written.

That also means doing samyama or other tantric techniques like devi worship to increase the meaning of music, hearing, thinking or emotion related to music to reduce grudgery to basically 0 and trying to do it is a complete experience by itself even without sharing it to anybody yet. My aim acctually to do music is to have experience to be a creator or an artist in the first place.

All of that I also to underestand and experiment with life how non-mechical, beautiful, intuitive, quiet but otherwise spectacular life I can build with doing seemingly normal things in the world with incredible infrastructure that you just can't see and can't take away from me.

I see that trying to do it (healthy lifestyle and building up a vision and inner momentum) first for a year or even 5 years could solve most of your life's problems, because it's just mostly lack of health motivation, no direction, confusion, lack of growth and doing the wrong things in life due to delusion. But there are also fears of losing something which you can also do something about, at least internally. I am not saying I will solve all of that, but I will try my very best and the curiosity to know makes me want to do it.

And then from that state doing something won't be very hard. And you will most likely will solve your life's purpose problem, the problem of death and the meaning of life problem for you.

Otherwise I see I am one death away from enlightenment, even if I die right now, so why not try to live a bit more intense? 

Edited by Applegarden8

7 hours ago, Evelyna said:

I am sorry to say, but if feel that my coping strategy is more intricate, nuanced and describes the problems of life better than the one you are presenting, so at least I will try mine and if it will consistently fail without any success, I will go with yours.

I think Leo also did not just use this to create Actualized.org, but thank you for showing interest and spending your time for my mental and emotional well-being.

@Applegarden8 this isn't really a method for solving problems of life  just a reminder that you have worth in this world, and whatever is happening your efforts in doing what you choose to do are worth it too. It was more in a form of support,  perhaps I should have written an explanation I do apologise. I wish you all the best in using your method. 

18 hours ago, Evelyna said:

I would say the 1, 3 is ok to fluctuate, the second should not, and fourth could be empty. LOL

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

1 hour ago, Evelyna said:

@Applegarden8 this isn't really a method for solving problems of life  just a reminder that you have worth in this world, and whatever is happening your efforts in doing what you choose to do are worth it too. It was more in a form of support,  perhaps I should have written an explanation I do apologise. I wish you all the best in using your method. 

Ohh sorry, I completely misread what you posted. I am used to getting chronically shat at all over by a few people in my life for what I am doing or what I am worth. But thank you, likewise, I wish the best for you too. I would also like to clarify, I do not feel worthless. I don't feel depressed, I do not feel alone and but I do feel lacking something which I am searching and I can adjust this searching to my lifestyle as of now.

To solve the problem of problems, is to stop seeing them as problems. The mind loves to solve and it will create a problem that's not even there so it can get to work. Challenges and setbacks is how I see it. Then I set an intention and allow the Universe to do it's magic.

You cannot solve a problem with the same mindset that created it - Einstein.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

To solve the problem of problems, is to stop seeing them as problems. The mind loves to solve and it will create a problem that's not even there so it can get to work. Challenges and setbacks is how I see it. Then I set an intention and allow the Universe to do it's magic.

Let me tell you a story about this topic. There was a moderator of this forum who was banned by Leo. He created a copycat version of this site, but that is not the point. The point is that he used to reply to arguments with, everything is one, everything is love for every discussion, literally. And if you look what @Leo Gurais doing with massive video content on providing solutions on various topics in life and approaching spirituality with the same nuance similarly like J Krishnamurti. I see how he did it. He went on a crusade for decades to study various fields and eventually found a few things that really worked for him, however his way of conveying things are trough detailed problems with possible solutions. And the question I have is why? Now, I am not saying that manifestation doesn’t work. It may be very potent, but you don't know why it works and why it doesn't. Now we are going into the territory that you need to underestand how the car is working not just how to drive it. I know that intention works and is probably the best base thing. But the human experience is far more delicate than what you try to convey and it needs my attention to get things out of it you and me can't convey in language.

Edited by Applegarden8

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

Ohh sorry, I completely misread what you posted. I am used to getting chronically shat at all over by a few people in my life for what I am doing or what I am worth. But thank you, likewise, I wish the best for you too. I would also like to clarify, I do not feel worthless. I don't feel depressed, I do not feel alone and but I do feel lacking something which I am searching and I can adjust this searching to my lifestyle as of now.

It's ok no worries I thought you have misread, hence I thought I'd explain. I have found shamanic practises of Hawaiian traditions to be my preferred way of viewing the world, I prefer practical solutions to ''problems'' challenges ( I don't like to call problem a problem, I prefer to call it a challenge), to try and experiment with different ways to help solve a challenge and to see what works and what doesn't and the use what works. Being open to many possible ways of doing something opens more doors for me and provides more probabilities of possible solutions, being aware I have a choice creates a reality for me when I'm never really stuck on anything because I always remember I can try another way. Everything that happens is essentially neutral until I give it a meaning either positive or negative or sometimes none at all, but it is up to me how I want to feel about it. One thing is certain if you ignore the ''problem'' it will take its own course , I know I can navigate and influence  my reality although I can not control what happens, I try not to create resistance and I always have a belief that whatever happens will always work out for the best, even if it is not what I expect in my mind, still it always works out for the best. I have to be careful here in my use of words as some might understand it as things always working out in a way we want them to, but it is not like that at all. It is more ..... despite what happens I know, I have no doubt  that the events are being orchestrated in such a way that it will always work in my favour in the end even if I can't see it yet and so I experiance them and do what I need to do when I need to do it staying in the present moment. Action is needed though and you are taking action in order to find solutions , and thats fantastic , you not sitting there just waiting for things to happen you doing something about it and I support that. 

Edited by Evelyna

2 hours ago, Applegarden8 said:

The point is that he used to reply to arguments with, everything is one, everything is love for every discussion,

Did I say everything is one and everything is love. Nothing in my comment suggested non-duality. I was being as practical as I could. The problem is that once one has come to an understanding of certain things, it's hard to come back down and convey what one is trying to say in a way that they have surpassed. I have a friend who is not at all into this stuff and is as practical as it gets and they taught me not to look at problems as problems and if there's a will there's a way. I have practiced that in my life and have seen the outcomes.

Some of you guys cannot see the difference when someone is trying to give you sound and practical advice because if your preconceived notions about that person. My advice to you is very practical as far as I'm concerned but if you think it's too woo woo then maybe it's a bit too advanced for your liking. On this forum I do try to balance out things and I'm involved in the practical as well as the spiritual. Once one has embodied a particular way of living, which, btw for me, is not everything is love and everything is one, it's hard to go backwards or see things differently. So I think it's probably best for me to stop commenting in this way if it's not on the Spiritual sub-forum...ooops..this is the Spiritual sub-forum. Oh well, I think this post may be better in the Self improvement section, if a spiritual response is not welcome.

Know thyself....

On 7/29/2024 at 10:29 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Nothing in my comment suggested non-duality

trying to give you sound and practical advice because if your preconceived notions about that person

I think it's probably best for me to stop commenting in this way if it's not on the Spiritual sub-forum

I think this post may be better in the Self improvement section, if a spiritual response is not welcome.

You did go pretty practical, it's just that there are layers of practicality and spirituality and in-between and this post is even further to the practical side, maybe unintegrated, maybe a different paradigm, maybe different needs or perspectives.

But I know how you usually go xD, your actual spiritual discussions in a nutshell go more like this :

tumblr_mq84ce8gsp1qaohpwo1_500.jpg

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

@Applegarden8 I shortened your post to respond to it, blocks are shortened paraphrasing, bold titles are my summery.

On 7/28/2024 at 10:00 PM, Applegarden8 said:

You want to build a meaningful life and transmute unhealthy habits

I had time to think and am back with insights attempting to change my life and any behaviors that steal my energy. I won't settle for mediocrity and am determined to do the work, my experience tells me it's possible! Existence is meaningful and I don't want to waste my time bragging, gossiping or policing others. I don't even want to care about others.

Other people's ignorance is a problem but all you have to do is letting go of arguing with them

The problem is that telling people how you live will get you laughed at by clueless peers and lead to endless arguing, projected insecurities and societal bs. And there are times where we fall short of our goals and it affects your quality of life without us even knowing, which is the worst. And so, how do I change piled up habits or fears hidden away or forgotten through coping mechanisms? And even if I manage all that, how do I communicate the experience with people who think they know better.

Research, yoga, spirituality and music creation seem to be your general aims.

One solution is using one's free time for research and then adopt insights into practice, creating a foundation of knowledge and strategy. The result is freedom from disease, longevity, health and a sustained enjoyment of life. There's also meditation to heal emotionally and mentally, being content with oneself and managing media consumption. I have a solitary lifestyle and so it's a good fit, I can be alone and could really use the time. Doing work, with music on the side, else self-reflection, pursuit of health and spirituality, in a practical manner, that can definitely work! So what I have to do is practicing detachment and channeling the energy from other activities into regular spiritual practice and self-accountability.

Mastering the basics is a good approach, just don't get too hung up on it.

Doing things one at a time in a silence without distractions. If work, work only, if eating, then as a separate and complete activity. same with youtube, conversations, music etc. I need to master the basics in order not to fall into forgetfulness. Multi-tasking will arise in mastery. Projecting a vision and manifesting it through daily tantra. Yogic practices will increase the meaning of music, hearing, thinking, emotion and eliminate grudgery.

You wanna get creative, upgrade your life, there isn't much holding you back, you have faith to do it in 5 years

A complete experience by itself even without the need to be shared. My aim (current life purpose?) is to do music as a creator and artist, experimenting with life non-mechanically and discovering beauty and intuition. I can build a spectacular life doing seemingly normal things while permanently upgrading my psyche's infrastructure. It will take 5 years but solve life's problems, since they stem from ignorance. Curiosity will light the way as I'll address arising fears. Once in flow, it's downhill and the issue of death and meaning of life will be reconciled. I am one death away from enlightenment, so why not live more intensely? 

I don't know what advice to give you, you kind of answered all your questions. There are great resources online and you already seem adept at finding and navigating them. If you need encouragement, this is not a bad place, from what it sounds like to me, you have a great plan and are just checking whether others can find holes in it or whether it's reasonable, but there's nothing wrong with it, just go for it and make a start! I wish you luck, 5 years are an investment and you'll see improvements each day, as you introduce new practices and insights, that will continually recontextualize and add to your experience!

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@Applegarden8 I shortened your post to respond to it, blocks are shortened paraphrasing, bold titles are my summery.

I don't know what advice to give you, you kind of answered all your questions. There are great resources online and you already seem adept at finding and navigating them. If you need encouragement, this is not a bad place, from what it sounds like to me, you have a great plan and are just checking whether others can find holes in it or whether it's reasonable, but there's nothing wrong with it, just go for it and make a start! I wish you luck, 5 years are an investment and you'll see improvements each day, as you introduce new practices and insights, that will continually recontextualize and add to your experience!

Thank you for the effort, advice and summary. You have helped me to see a different perspective. It makes me more motivated to do it and I hope it inspires you too to have whatever you may desire.

I will keep on, because my life depends on it! Besides, that kind of interaction and attention you paid to me from another human being who is not a guru I regularly watch and I found helpful is very rare. Thank you.

Edited by Applegarden8

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

@Applegarden8 thank for the sharing. I am in a sort of the same path you describe. 

No problem, I wish you to achieve whatever your heart desires in a complete way so you don't need to desire it anymore.

Edited by Applegarden8

Posted (edited)

On 7/29/2024 at 11:29 PM, Princess Arabia said:

Did I say everything is one and everything is love. Nothing in my comment suggested non-duality. I was being as practical as I could. The problem is that once one has come to an understanding of certain things, it's hard to come back down and convey what one is trying to say in a way that they have surpassed. I have a friend who is not at all into this stuff and is as practical as it gets and they taught me not to look at problems as problems and if there's a will there's a way. I have practiced that in my life and have seen the outcomes.

Some of you guys cannot see the difference when someone is trying to give you sound and practical advice because if your preconceived notions about that person. My advice to you is very practical as far as I'm concerned but if you think it's too woo woo then maybe it's a bit too advanced for your liking. On this forum I do try to balance out things and I'm involved in the practical as well as the spiritual. Once one has embodied a particular way of living, which, btw for me, is not everything is love and everything is one, it's hard to go backwards or see things differently. So I think it's probably best for me to stop commenting in this way if it's not on the Spiritual sub-forum...ooops..this is the Spiritual sub-forum. Oh well, I think this post may be better in the Self improvement section, if a spiritual response is not welcome.

I just have to say these things. 

This qoute: Then I set an intention and allow the Universe to do it's magic.

And

Are saying two different things first of all. Or rather I don't underestand how they correlate withing the context of perceiving problems not as problems.

I secondly I do not find your suggestion practical, because the delusion of my mind is not that simple, different things work at different times. Leo knows this is why he is going these extra miles to look at the same problems from different angles and creating elaborate guides for people, can you say to him his approach is wrong and suggest yours? Probably not, neither can I, because his way is most probably more intricate and nuanced. Also the more attention you will spend on this aspect of your life, the more nuanced and delicate it will become too for you. One sentence internalized about some truth in life can really change your life permanently, but you have to find that sentence and context and buildup for that sentence to "get it". To stop seeing problems as problems will fundamentally change my direction of life from poornatva (grihasta or a househoulder building their life while being a blissfull man and performing a lof of action) to shoonya (nothing in my life or this eternity ever mattered and there is no point of solving it and let it be and just mostly reflect and live a very simple and minimalistic life). Immediately you will say, you meant something else, but I have tried and what I have is the best thing I have and there is no point to argue. I don't want to argue. I don't even need to be right or win this argument. I will waste my life arguing. My life experience shows there is no depth in arguing. If you want to be advanced, I will give you the title, but it means nothing to me. Peace, have a good day.

Edited by Applegarden8

@Applegarden8 You're welcome, each post I read, think about, and respond to teaches me much in its dimension of focus.

To comment on Princess Arabia's response, I agree that it was indeed too vague and deserves elaboration.

On 7/29/2024 at 7:27 PM, Princess Arabia said:

To solve the problem of problems, is to stop seeing them as problems.

The mind loves to solve and it will create a problem that's not even there so it can get to work.

Since you titled the post "problem of problems", Arabia went meta, the meta-problem is to stop seeing problems and such a spiritual realization usually opens oneself up to the abundance mindset, which transmutes problems into opportunities, which fixes the problem of motivation, procrastination, guilt, and perfectionism. There is no problem, just an opportunity to grow. There is no responsibility, but there is response-ability, the greatest freedom, the awareness of one's ability to react to external circumstances, even if their causes and one's situation arose outside of one's control.

The second part also addresses the non-sustainability of the problem mindset, if you keep thinking your music is not good enough, you will continue to stress yourself out, and that will take its toll on your art as well. There is time for rest, inspiration, experimentation, deep flow, work, and fun, as well as meditation, spirituality, and general life balance. There is no need to see problems, just areas where certain balances are beneficial and healthy, and so should be an easy choice to focus attention on. A restless mind will burn itself out and keep creating and intensifying + overreacting to ever new self-created problems indefinitely.

Challenges and setbacks is how I see it. Then I set an intention and allow the Universe to do it's magic.

This one talks about the sine wave of ups and downs, to prepare and anticipate them and to flow with life, to save up in good times and keep going in hard times. To trust in oneself, the world, and the universe and to use that faith to actively engage in the world, without fearing and waiting for better times to come around. The universal magic is also your subconscious intelligence, but the more focused and laser-visioned you are, the less of it you can take advantage of, if you let go of the outcome and focus on the process, the universe will conspire to help you reach your goals and you will tune into perceiving the life, inspiration, and opportunities around you, that will help you on your journey and give it meaning.

This one is more on the epistemological side but still profound. We create our problems, as we create our lives. We choose to act in certain ways, to have certain preferences, and to choose our paths. Many stray or go with the herd and end up unhappy. But even successful people can become workaholics are no better off per se. And so, it is important to be aware, that the same intelligence, that materialized a problem, the same force that allows you to ask questions, also holds the answers. In fact, every question presumes the answer and there is more where that came from. That is a doorway to more spiritual philosophy and spirituality, however.

Then again, if @Princess Arabia responded again, I bet she'd say something completely different again and wonder how I got here xD