Emotionalmosquito

Donald vs Kamala

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Gennadiy1981 While I agree with you that healthy Stage Blue has some positive and even admirable qualities, MAGA Christian Nationalism is a very unhealthy version of those values which have been weaponized in a very ugly way.

Recall my 'Frame' vs 'Content' point at the beginning of my previous post - the parallel isn't that MAGAs literally believe what the Nazis believed. It's that they're willing to downplay, justify, and excuse Trump's monstrous, sociopathic behavior. Healthy Stage Blue shouldn't want anything to do with a convicted felon and civilly liable rapist who incited a violent coup to stop a peaceful transfer of power.

Moreover, contemporary America fascism is rooted in traditional American values - namely, the part of America's culture that has never been on board with civil rights, modernity, and secular tolerance.

Trump himself is at heart an opportunist who doesn't care one way or another if women and LGBTQ people have their rights stripped away. But the Christian Nationalists that he allied himself do very much want those things. They make up a significant portion of his base, and are willing to end democracy to maintain white, Christian supremacy.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@DocWatts Thank you for the reply. I hear what you are saying but as far as some points you made not sure how accurate they are. I am not saying you made them up but for example the transfer of power back in 2020, I did hear in many independent and even some media events that Trump would not transfer the power and there were even conspiracies that he would evoke army to stop, but let’s be frank, non of that happen, unless it was done so quietly, I personally have not heard any real coups where armies came or there was issues of power transfer, when his time came, his chopper picked him up for the last time to drive to his Florida mansion and that was it. Also I personally get ticked hearing about Nazism as I am Jewish and my family went through that stuff so what they went cannot be compare to any current government. But I still have to hear of yet any event that in his first term he made any unconstitutional events. And I hope I am not looking like I defend him, I am just trying to point out that our nerve breaking is not necessary. 

Is he a cheater and a liar, ok I give you that. Did he molested a woman? That’s not a news break, how many people molted other women, is that right? No, but it’s not uncommon. Again the main topic we have here if he can make the country better? Look Bill Clinton had affairs and he even lied under oath that he never had sex with that woman, but he still was a very good president and a memorable one. People make a lot of fun of Biden and his falls and him mumbling but he was also a very good president (except mandating Covid vaccine that was disastrous and unconstitutional) but with everything that people make fun of him, I look beyond that. 

The entire thing reminds me it Sophism. You can look at half empty cup and debate whether it is half full or half empty. Both are right answers but the approach to them can be coordinately different.  

To answer your other question about biases and racism in USA, yeah it’s there, but it’s everywhere, but don’t confuse the leadership with people. Look people in general are racist and people love to separate as oppose to come together. I have traveled to many places and you will see people of same color if they are minority, they will cling together as oppose to make friends with locals, that’s the nature of the beast, that just show that we are still developing. 

Now speaking of healthy stages, I think the only truly healthy stage is stage turquoise. All other stages still lack a lot of things and I think when we call out specific healthy aspects in various stages; it is because we attribute then to stage turquoise eventually. Otherwise and I will say this radically, none of them are truly healthy. 

Posted (edited)

Here’s what I like about the idea of voting Kamala:

- She could potentially make it easier for me to access “female only” spaces

- She’s probably pro abortion 

- She might take environmental concerns more seriously than trump.

- She might do something to increase my NEETbux 

What I dislike:

-She might increase internet censorship and make insane hate speech laws 

-She might have horrible foreign policy

-Higher taxes

Pro outweighs con by 25% so far

Edited by Emotionalmosquito