tlowedajuicemayne

Trump says you won't have to vote anymore after this election: it'll be fixed!

101 posts in this topic

Well if this obvious statement is being excused, I see I need to keep highlighting America's slide into fascism a bit more yet.  

Apparently, he made these points four times during his speech there, at least that's how Vaush covered it.

15 hours ago, Vercingetorix said:

Republicans will win easily without needing theirs votes. 

Though I'll take a shot at this. Stop and think what this means. Really think

How?

How can they possibly win without needing voters? 

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

Though I'll take a shot at this. Stop and think what this means. Really think

How?

How can they possibly win without needing voters? 

I swear, Trump could hold a press conference where he just baldfacedly states in direct language that he's  "working very hard to become America's Hitler".

And his brainwashed supporters would still be twisting themselves into pretzels to gaslight us that "we're overreacting, and even if he did say it, he didn't really mean it".

It's a form of gaslighting that's a go-to tactic of abusers: "It didn't happen, and even if did happen you're overreacting, and in any case my bad behavior is your fault."

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Trump speaks to his supporters like they’re complete idiots xDxD the same way I speak to babies

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's kind of astounding how many things had to go wrong for Trump to be in the position he is today. This includes:

• Antiquated political institutions (Senate, Electrical College, and the Judiciary) that empower a minority of the country to force thier will on the majority 
  • A collapsing middle class alongside skyrocketing economic inequality 
  • The most corrupt Supreme Court in the history of the United States
  • Profit driven media being complicit in Trump's ascendency by treating him as a normal political candidate 
  • The entirely of the Republican Party lacking the spine and conviction to stand up to Trump, for banal political reasons
  • Republican voters for being unable to see through an obvious con artist
  • The Democratic Party favoring civility and business as usual over protecting the country from fascism.

7 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

It's kind of astounding how many things had to go wrong for Trump to be in the position he is today. This includes:

• Antiquated political institutions (Senate, Electrical College, and the Judiciary) that empower a minority of the country to force thier will on the majority 
  • A collapsing middle class alongside skyrocketing economic inequality 
  • The most corrupt Supreme Court in the history of the United States
  • Profit driven media being complicit in Trump's ascendency by treating him as a normal political candidate 
  • The entirely of the Republican Party lacking the spine and conviction to stand up to Trump, for banal political reasons
  • Republican voters for being unable to see through an obvious con artist
  • The Democratic Party favoring civility and business as usual over protecting the country from fascism.

This is like the puddle saying to itself:

"Its kind of astounding that this hole I'm in is perfectly fitted to hold me."

So if you guys think that he actually meant that in the context that there won't be anymore elections and he would be a dictator, that he just accidently slipped and said that?

With some things, you say that you cannot trust what comes out of his mouth but on the other hand you take such statements at face value?

Trying to be open-minded here.

He could have also meant that he will have the issues that matters to them fixed so good, that they won't have to vote, as it won't matter anymore, no?

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, questionreality said:

So if you guys think that he actually meant that in the context that there won't be anymore elections and he would be a dictator, that he just accidently slipped and said that?

With some things, you say that you cannot trust what comes out of his mouth but on the other hand you take such statements at face value?

Trying to be open-minded here.

He could have also meant that he will have the issues that matters to them fixed so good, that they won't have to vote, as it won't matter anymore, no?

It was (very) thinly veiled dog-whistle rhetoric to his Christian Nationalist supporters, who want Trump as a dictator.

Similar to how rhetoric that paint Kamala Harris as a 'DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) candidate' is a thinly veiled dog-whistle towards white racists (who hear 'DEI candidate ' as the N-word, to state it explicitly).

Those of us with even a minimal amount of media literacy can see right through this, but it gives Trump and the right-wing propaganda machine a veneer of plausible deniability while they spew hateful dangerous rhetoric to their audience.

Edited by DocWatts

2 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

It was (very) thinly veiled dog-whistle rhetoric to his Christian Nationalist supporters, who want Trump as a dictator.

Similar to how rhetoric that paint Kamala Harris as a 'DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) candidate' is a thinly veiled dog-whistle towards white racists (who hear 'DEI candidate ' as the N-word, to state it explicitly).

Those of us with even a minimal amount of media literacy can see right through this, but it gives Trump and the right-wing propaganda machine a veneer of plausible deniability to spew hateful dangerous rhetoric to their audience.

An interesting viewpoint, but to play devil's advocate, this can also be considered a conspiracy theory. The left all the time loves to label people on the other side "conspiracy theorists", how about this time? Or this time it's different? I am talking about the idea that he actually wants to be a dictator and that there won't be anymore elections.

Could you also bring some examples of Trump's hateful dangerous rhetoric? I mean from this election cycle.

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, questionreality said:

An interesting viewpoint, but to play devil's advocate, this can also be considered a conspiracy theory. The left all the time loves to label people on the other side "conspiracy theorists", how about this time? Or this time it's different? I am talking about the idea that he actually wants to be a dictator and that there won't be anymore elections.

Could you also bring some examples of Trump's hateful dangerous rhetoric? I mean from this election cycle.

Here's a lengthy quote from the Wikipedia page on the subject. Needless to say, the use of dog whistle rhetoric is a well documented reality by historians and political scientists.

For instance, as you'll see in the quote below, one of Richard Nixon's advisors was quite explicit about how they were intentionally using dog whistle rhetoric to court white racists, in a campaign tactic that came to be known as the 'Southern Strategy'.

(Apologies, but expect to see the N-word used a lot in this Wikipedia article, because that's how people devising these strategies were talking at the time).

(From Wikipedia) -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_whistle_(politics)

The phrase "states' rights", literally referring to powers of individual state governments in the United States, was described in 2007 by journalist David Greenberg in Slate as "code words" for institutionalized segregation and racism.[23] States' rights was the banner under which groups like the Defenders of State Sovereignty and Individual Liberties argued in 1955 against school desegregation.[24] In 1981, former Republican Party strategist Lee Atwater, when giving an anonymous interview discussing former president Richard Nixon's Southern strategy, speculated that terms like "states' rights" were used for dog-whistling:[25][26][27]

You start out in 1954 by saying, "nig***, nig***, nig***." By 1968, you can't say "nig***" – that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights, and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now, you're talking about cutting taxes. And all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me – because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this" is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "nig***, nig***."[28]

Atwater was contrasting this with then-President Ronald Reagan's campaign, which he felt "was devoid of any kind of racism, any kind of reference". However, Ian Haney López, an American law professor and author of the 2014 book Dog Whistle Politics, described Reagan as "blowing a dog whistle" when the candidate told stories about "Cadillac-driving 'welfare queens' and 'strapping young bucks' buying T-bone steaks with food stamps" while he was campaigning for the presidency.[29][30][31] He argues that such rhetoric pushes middle-class white Americans to vote against their economic self-interest in order to punish "undeserving minorities" who, they believe, are receiving too much public assistance at their expense. 

Edited by DocWatts

@DocWatts I personally don’t see how either party or anyone in the government is helping the country tbh. Both of them economically have preformed more or less the same (adjusted for inflation), and both are raking in government power to have more control over people’s lives. 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

@DocWatts  Thanks for sharing. it's an interesting theory, yet it still contradicts the main leftist narrative: that Trump is very dumb and with this logic, he wouldn't be intelligent enough to come up with this thin dog-whistle rhetoric.

It really comes down to your own interpretation of what he said, as many on the right and center believe that Trump meant that the issues will be fixed so good, that the people won't have to worry about voting next time.

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, questionreality said:

Thanks for sharing. it's an interesting theory, yet it still contradicts the main leftist narrative: that Trump is very dumb and with this logic, he wouldn't be intelligent enough to come up with this thin dog-whistle rhetoric.

Trump is not dumb when it comes to doing conartisry. He is crafty like the devil he is.

There is no leftist contradiction here. We have called Trump a racist conartist since 2015 and he has not disappointed us in that regard.

People doubt me when I call Trump the Devil. But devilry is not dumb, it is intelligent. So devilry perfectly describes Trump's actions. That's why I call him that, not because I hate him.

Edited by Leo Gura

I really loved the book series The Wheel of Time as a lens to understand the Nazis. There's a group of villains in these books called the Forsaken. All the Forsaken are based on the Nazis. Our heroes in this story have heard horrific stories about these people on account of their terrible deeds in the distant past, and they have a mythic reputation. But they haven't met them in person, and when they do they are struck by how normal, banal, unremarkable, and in some cases how cowardly and inept they can be. There were thirteen Forsaken to showcase the variety in the Nazis. They are not all equally competent and they don't all think or act in the same way, but they are all still quite dangerous.

(And I really like WoT's analysis that some Nazis will eventually be forced to do laundry and normal things and they will be seething and pouting about it)

52 minutes ago, questionreality said:

many on the right and center believe that Trump meant that the issues will be fixed so good, that the people won't have to worry about voting next time.

If you want to go with that interpretation, then he’s still conning his followers by overpromising.

Fixed so good you won’t have to vote again? Trump has no ability to deliver on this promise.

In fact, it would be a disingenuous thing for any president to promise, even if they were extremely competent. Presidents are not god.

Posted (edited)

Trump said his presidency was the greatest 4 years ever, then says Biden immediately destroyed his legacy and now we're in the worst 4 years ever. If he's president for another 4 years, then speculatively, it should be possible for Democrats to ruin it again in 2028/2029 according to this logic ...

Edited by Talinn

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, questionreality said:

Intelligence is laborious. If you're lazy, you can't have it. You have to ask and answer questions and make sure you're building on top of truth, not what you want to be true. 

Consider "What is Trump". If mother Theresa said these things, the analysis would be different. We take into account the nature of the thing. 

What do we know about Trump?

• Trump is not Christian.
  • He's telling Christians he is a Christian.
  • He has no qualms about promising the world and delivering nothing.
  • He doesn't care two shits about Christianity and is going out of his way to stand in churches and call himself one of them.
  • He claims he's the best at everything, including solving impossible problems.
  • Built his identity around being a world-class dealmaker.
  • He's incredibly stupid but his bravado charms people.

Question: What does it seem like someone with the above character traits means when they say "We're gonna fix it so good, you'll never have to vote again my beautiful Christians"? 

Answer:  He's pulling his snake oil sales routine on the Christians.

Question: What exactly did he say?

Answer: He promised Christians he's not only going to deliver the world they want but promised it would be permanent. 

Question: Why communicate "permanent"? 

Answer: Not sure. It makes no sense. 

Question: What do those Christians even want? 

Answer: For their religion to permeate culture and all they deem evil to be stamped out. They want all American children to learn their holy books and they largely want abortion, LGBTQ, and every other thing they deem evil abolished.

Question: How could Trump solve those things permanently?

Answer: I can only think of one way. To never allow democrats enough control to rollback whatever he's promising. 

Question: What do the Christians think he meant by "never have to vote again"?

Answer: I'm not sure but I speculate it sounded to them what it sounded like to most everyone else. I think many of them, if not all were confused by the statement. 

Question: Would the Christians be willing to barter their democracy to get what they want? 

Answer: Absolutely 

Question: Does Trump know that?

Answer: Absolutely

Question: Do these truths increase the likelihood that he meant what it seems like he meant?

Answer: Yes. If he knew they secretly want a dictator and if he secretly wants to be a dictator, he might drop a hint to it in his speech. 

Careful though. This is just speculation. I'd put it around 75% he meant what he said but most of this comes from previous knowledge about his character, not this line of questioning. 

This is just ONE line of questioning and dozens or hundreds of important factors were left out. Project 2025, history of doublespeak and dog whistles, his will to power, etc. 

The problem with most people is they can't even accurately assess his character. Centrists think he's no more evil than Hillary Clinton. If you think that, the answers to your questions will be wrong and thus you will be wrong, over and over, and over.

Edited by Joshe

@Joshe Well said!