Carl-Richard

Facing death makes you more death-like; and why you should struggle for life

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've observed in somebody I know who lost somebody close to them when they were little that they're extremely "death-like" in their behavior, in the sense that they're hyper-masculine, judging, reducing, conclusion-oriented (Shiva the destroyer).

For example, they're really quick at throwing things away, like fresh leftover food. They're blunt and often rude, especially to service workers who are slow and generally not up to their standards. They're constantly in a rush, rash in their movements, often hurt themselves from not being careful. They're unable to sit still and relax without doing anything, and they're not very interested in abstract things. Maybe facing death in this way can make you hyper-masculine.

You can see this more generally when growing up and starting to interact with the world, where time and resources are limited and you have to choose which actions to take.

For example, I started writing this in-between my sets at the gym, which is very challenging because I'm timing my breaks and they're very short. I used to not time my breaks, but I started to do it to save time and focus more on my studies. I feel I write the best immediately after getting an idea, and I get a lot of joy out if it, and I used to do it all the time at the gym, but now it's often too exhausting, so I tend to sacrifice it for my other goals.

Is it worth it? Life fundamentally requires death to some extent, but you must not forget to actually live. It's hard to hold on to authentic self-expression when faced with the world, but it's absolutely crucial that you do so. It's the very life force, the Shakti, that brings you forward, that gives you inspiration, intelligence and joy. It's at the core of who you truly are and your evolutionary imperative.

I personally see that I have some areas where I could bring back some life. Generally, we need less dead people in the world, more people who are driven by the energy from the bottom of their being, by divine inspiration. Your biggest gift to the world is yourself, and only you know who you are.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Are you sure it’s a correlation between the two? The losing a loved one young and the behavior you described 

@Carl-Richard Break your heart till it opens. Rumi.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Are you sure it’s a correlation between the two? The losing a loved one young and the behavior you described 

There are many ways to react to trauma, but becoming aware of morality in this way is known to make you "grow up" quite quickly. Bernardo Kastrup experienced the same thing (his dad died when he was 12) and describes this. Maybe it's more the case when you're already quite masculine, but I think there is a general effect as well.

When you're young, you're naive about the world, and you're more fine with how things are. You're less discerning, and you sort of let things happen. When somebody dies, you're not fine with how things are. You start to discern good things from bad things, and you feel compelled to make good things happen. In other words, you choose the good things over the bad things, and you let the bad things die.

The feminine is about letting all things grow, giving things their space to exist, to be all-inclusive and welcoming. The masculine says "no, you're not welcome here; only this is allowed to exist". Physical death is one big "no" (and the masculine says "no" to it, wanting to kill it 😆).

Edited by Carl-Richard

33 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

There are many ways to react to trauma, but becoming aware of morality in this way is known to make you "grow up" quite quickly. Bernardo Kastrup experienced the same thing (his dad died when he was 12) and describes this. Maybe it's more the case when you're already quite masculine, but I think there is a general effect as well.

When you're young, you're naive about the world, and you're more fine with how things are. You're less discerning and you sort of let things happen. When somebody dies, you're not fine with how things are. You start to discern good things from bad things, and you feel compelled to make the good things happen. In other words, you choose the good things over the bad things, and you let the bad things die.

The feminine is about letting all things grow, giving things their space to exist, and to be all-inclusive and welcoming. The masculine says "no" and "you're not welcome here".

Ok I see. I recognize the type of person you describe but I never thought about that possible correlation 

Try facing Death as God I have a long story about this. I would never wish this upon anyone ever,

6 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

Try facing Death as God I have a long story about this. I would never wish this upon anyone ever,

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I read the post it was interesting. Did that “dying” eventually stop for you by itself or? And maybe weird question but during those moments did it alter 3D depth perception like the environment seeming “closer” ? I’m asking because I’ve had experiences where it’s like there is less of me so the world is less 3D and more “close”

5 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I will write the story one day thanks for being you.

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I read the post it was interesting. Did that “dying” eventually stop for you by itself or?

It gradually stopped over the years, although it still happens from time to time.

It's an interesting parallell with this topic though, because after running into "psychological death", I became extremely driven to do things in the world, to choose some things over others.

17 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

And maybe weird question but during those moments did it alter 3D depth perception like the environment seeming “closer” ? I’m asking because I’ve had experiences where it’s like there is less of me so the world is less 3D and more “close”

You become the environment. There is no distinction.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It gradually stopped over the years, although it still happens from time to time.

It stopped because you did something different like stopped meditating? I also used to do spiritual practice then stopped 

“You became the environment. There is no distinction”

oh it was that radical for you? That’s cool. I’ve only had that when I’ve taken psychedelics

Edited by Sugarcoat

25 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

It's an interesting parallell with this topic though, because after running into "psychological death", I became extremely driven to do things in the world, to choose some things over others.

Interesting indeed that you found that correlation 

death does not exist.

What you are can exist without the function of breathing.

If you transcend fear of not being able to breath, what more fears are there? none. 

59 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Not as a life form on Earth that breathes.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

It stopped because you did something different like stopped meditating? I also used to do spiritual practice then stopped 

Yes, partially, but mainly because I simply didn't want it. I tried very hard to make it go away; constantly, every moment of my life, until it became habitual and subconscious. If I had wanted it (or rather accepted it), it would probably have been a very different story.

Also, to say I "stopped meditating" is funny, because when I "stopped meditating", I couldn't stop meditating. The moment I let go of feeling the need to meditate, it became my default state. I had to actively fight it to stop meditating.

16 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

“You became the environment. There is no distinction”

oh it was that radical for you? That’s cool. I’ve only had that when I’ve taken psychedelics

It's radical in its own radical way. I've been in states of supreme ego dissolution with psychedelics, like to the point where my memory blacks out, and they're absolutely amazing. But there is something completely unique about when it happens completely by itself, seemingly without any external trigger or intention, and it just sucks you in and you can't escape without begging for your life.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I've observed in somebody I know who lost somebody close to them when they were little that they're extremely "death-like" in their behavior, in the sense that they're hyper-masculine, judging, reducing, conclusion-oriented (Shiva the destroyer).

For example, they're really quick at throwing things away, like fresh leftover food. They're blunt and often rude, especially to service workers who are slow and generally not up to their standards. They're constantly in a rush, rash in their movements, often hurt themselves from not being careful. They're unable to sit still and relax without doing anything, and they're not very interested in the abstract. Maybe facing death in this way can make you hyper-masculine.

You can see this more generally when growing up and starting to interact with the world, where time and resources are limited and you have to choose which actions to take.

For example, I started writing this in-between my sets at the gym, which is very challenging because I'm timing my breaks and they're very short. I used to not time my breaks, but I started to do it to save time and focus more on my studies. I feel I write the best immediately after getting an idea, and I get a lot of joy out if it, and I used to do it all the time at the gym, but now it's often too exhausting, so I tend to sacrifice it for my other goals.

Is it worth it? Life fundamentally requires death, but you must not forget to actually live. It's hard to hold on to authentic self-expression when faced with the world, but it's absolutely crucial that you do. It's the very life force, the Shakti, that brings you forward, that gives you inspiration, intelligence and joy. It's at the core of who you truly are and your evolutionary imperative.

I personally see that I have some areas where I could bring back some life. Generally, we need less dead people in the world, more people who are driven by what is at the bottom of their being, by divine inspiration. Your biggest gift to the world is yourself, and only you know who you are.

Well...the interesting thing about this is that death is life and life is death.  It is ultimately a duality that must collapse.  It's just on which side of the coin you choose to be. Is there a right one? Well - you will have a much more enjoyable life if you choose to err on the side of life.  I equate good and evil here.  With evil being death.   You see - it's all just a game.  But your suffering will be less when you align more to life rather than death- to light over darkness.  But ultimately there is no real difference other than then the one we feel in mortal form.  It is wonderful to actual fulfill your potential - and you should. But there are countless thousands that don't, and never will.  Are they any less?    

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I agree and a more positive approach to death for that kind of masculine would be to simply grant itself a completely painless death, it will say no to pain/suffering but not to death.

The divine masculine does not regret destroying things that are suffering-like/create it, it just needs intelligence to aim that destruction well and that intelligence comes from the interaction and fusion with the feminine.

@Carl-Richard It can swing the pendulum both ways, death and trauma can make you hyper-detached or hyper-attached, hyper-stoic or hyper-melancholic, hyper-aware or hyper-unconscious, it can intensify or numb your experience in all kinds of ways. You can integrate it or carry the burden and that will be its own experience.

On 7/27/2024 at 9:13 PM, Sugarcoat said:

during those moments did it alter 3D depth perception like the environment seeming “closer” ?

@Sugarcoat If you mean a "zoom" or "lower FOV" or a higher lens focal effect (like 35mm vs 50mm), or the video below:

Then that can be part of it and I experienced it on one of my hyper-heroic trips but that's just one effect the mind can activate and explore and there are infinite more, like for example phasing senses into each other or making things disappear or changing shapes, fractal geometry, intensifying colors, generating new sense experiences and exploring the in-between, navigating seamlessly between different microcosms and macrocosms, synchronicity hyperspace and a gazillion more.

On 7/28/2024 at 0:00 AM, Javfly33 said:

death does not exist.

If you transcend fear of not being able to breath, what more fears are there? none. 

@Javfly33 But shapes, ideas, constructs, senses, context and memory exist within the experience and they are malleable and I've yet to truly explore how they transition, remain or disappear on higher levels of consciousness.

On 7/28/2024 at 1:58 AM, Inliytened1 said:

Well...the interesting thing about this is that death is life and life is death.  It is ultimately a duality that must collapse.  It's just on which side of the coin you choose to be. Is there a right one? Well - you will have a much more enjoyable life if you choose to err on the side of life.  I equate good and evil here.  With evil being death.   You see - it's all just a game.  But your suffering will be less when you align more to life rather than death- to light over darkness.  But ultimately there is no real difference other than then the one we feel in mortal form.  It is wonderful to actual fulfill your potential - and you should. But there are countless thousands that don't, and never will.  Are they any less?    

@Inliytened1 Right, to be alive is to rejuvenate oneself, which means to change, and change is death but also life. What doesn't change is dead and yet there is nothing that isn't transient. To live is to acquire new cells/ideas/experiences and to die means old cells/ideas/experiences phase out or to put them into the background and diminish their relational significance. Only that which dies, lives. If life wanted to 100% preserve itself and not change, it would not actually be living, it would be dead, even if alive. It is fascinating and beautiful.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

On 2024-07-28 at 1:11 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Yes, partially, but mainly because I simply didn't want it. I tried very hard to make it go away; constantly, every moment of my life, until it became habitual and subconscious. If I had wanted it (or rather accepted it), it would probably have been a very different story.

Also, to say I "stopped meditating" is funny, because when I "stopped meditating", I couldn't stop meditating. The moment I let go of feeling the need to meditate, it became my default state. I had to actively fight it to stop meditating.

It's radical in its own radical way. I've been in states of supreme ego dissolution with psychedelics, like to the point where my memory blacks out, and they're absolutely amazing. But there is something completely unique about when it happens completely by itself, seemingly without any external trigger or intention, and it just sucks you in and you can't escape without begging for your life.

Interesting I see