Hojo

What mental Illness would psychology say you have when you think you are God?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Im on reddit alot and I see alot of people with messiah complex and it led me to want to see what the mental Illness a psychologist would have created to define thinking you are God since it happens so much but I cannot find one. I see

Grandiose delusions (GDs), also known as delusions of grandeur or expansive delusions,[1] are a subtype of delusion characterized by extraordinary belief that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful.

Which none are doing maybe on the extreme ends

A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility.

Thats not thinking you are God either.

Anyone know any other maybe

Schizophrenia? a serious mental condition of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

(dont get me started on how much modern science has no idea what schizophrenia is and its ultra retarded)

You'd think that they would have a term for it when they have specific terms for messiah complex which is just a grandiose delusion.

Does this mean simply knowing you are God is not considered a  mental illness by psychologist?

Edited by Hojo

I actually realized I was God during my last therapy session a few days ago. I laughed like a hysterical hyena for 5 mins straight (which I’ve never done in a therapy session before, and mind you, I’ve been in therapy majority of my life).

My therapist reports that I’m making excellent progress in my recovery.

23 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Good on them! I’m surprised they didn’t try to slap you with a mania diagnosis. 

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Emotionalmosquito said:

Good on them! I’m surprised they didn’t try to slap you with a mania diagnosis. 

They didn’t sell their soul to the DSM-Devil. Although, it did serve its purpose in the earlier stages.

Edited by Yimpa

Modern psychology is so behind on this lowkey 

You should not think you are God if you care about mental well being

Here’s one way that can go down. 

IMG_5647.jpeg

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

I think it isn't considered a mental illness. But it can be a part of a mental illness which includes psychosis as delusions are a part of that illness. Psychosis can happen with several different illnesses.

It's simple narcissism. There are people who cannot find an anchor for their latent narcissism since they do not appear well on Instagram or are rich or anything special, so they look for that outlet in which no one can refute them. The ego is weak and he feels hurt and small, and he needs his mother to tell him that he is the best, and who is better than God? 

Depending on who says it, it can be the most selfish thing or the most selfless thing

Posted (edited)

@Chrisd Yes, I think you can know it and be humble and use it as a way to make yourself feel good. The problem starts when ego gets a hold of this idea and you start beleving something crazy is happening that isnt. God as nothing does not think it cant think its a Messiah staying true to God and being nothing prevent the insanity that can come with it from ego.

When we start thinking we are what the words in our heads are telling us we lose it. We are nothing.

It kind of sucks to not be able to talk about God to someone in real life tho

Edited by Hojo

13 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I actually realized I was God during my last therapy session a few days ago. I laughed like a hysterical hyena for 5 mins straight (which I’ve never done in a therapy session before, and mind you, I’ve been in therapy majority of my life).

Laughter is the best medicine! ( According to doctors)

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

. The ego is weak and he feels hurt and small, and he needs his mother to tell him that he is the best, and who is better than God? 

In my locality, mothers many times literally call their children gods (sami)

Why would you say doctors you think you are god ? Flexing ? 😗

The devil is in the details.

29 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Why would you say doctors you think you are god ? Flexing ? 😗

I guess it's a typo. "...believes he is a God."

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Hojo said:

Grandiose delusions (GDs), also known as delusions of grandeur or expansive delusions,[1] are a subtype of delusion characterized by extraordinary belief that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful.

I think thinking you're God could apply here.

According to the DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria for delusional disorders, grandiose-type symptoms include exaggerated beliefs of:

• self-worth
  • power
  • knowledge
  • identity
  • exceptional relationship to a deity or famous person.

For example, someone who has extraordinary beliefs about their power or authority may believe themselves to be a ruling monarch who deserves to be treated like royalty. There are substantial differences in the degree of grandiosity linked with grandiose delusions in different people. Some patients believe they are God, the Queen of the United Kingdom, a president's son, a famous rock star, and some other examples. Others are not as expansive and think they are skilled athletes or great inventors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

But I think if you explained to the psychologist that you subscribe to notions like pantheism or panentheism (which means that the psychologist is also God and that everybody is God), then you probably won't get a diagnosis. If you on the other hand tell them that you're God and they have a hard time understanding how that is possible, then you're more likely to be labeled with a delusional disorder.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Hojo said:

Im on reddit alot and I see alot of people with messiah complex and it led me to want to see what the mental Illness a psychologist would have created to define thinking you are God since it happens so much but I cannot find one. I see

Which none are doing maybe on the extreme ends

A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility.

Thats not thinking you are God either.

Anyone know any other maybe

Schizophrenia? a serious mental condition of a type involving a breakdown in the relation between thought, emotion, and behavior, leading to faulty perception, inappropriate actions and feelings, withdrawal from reality and personal relationships into fantasy and delusion, and a sense of mental fragmentation.

(dont get me started on how much modern science has no idea what schizophrenia is and its ultra retarded)

You'd think that they would have a term for it when they have specific terms for messiah complex which is just a grandiose delusion.

Does this mean simply knowing you are God is not considered a  mental illness by psychologist?

I don't think they would understand it.  They would probably call you a narcissist.   Because they would assume you meant the ego is a God.   Or they would label you delusional.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

Honesty. :P 

To be clear, if (big if) you actually realize your nature and aren't just jerking off, which is likely the case. In any case, why would you openly claim that stuff, knowing that it will be received in the wrong way?

Edited by UnbornTao

@Hojo Why are you trying to invent a problem where none exists?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.