Spiritual Warfare

Does ego death really happen?

16 posts in this topic

Ego isn’t a thing that can “die,” it is a condition or set of conditions that can temporarily subside to give you an unconditioned view of self and the universe. It sounds like what happened was that you managed to relax those conditions for long enough to glimpse beyond the shadows. Excellent.

“Grounding” the experience means allowing yourself a period of adjustment and integration. It’s good that you understand the necessity for this.

There are two basic directions a person can go in following an experience of this nature: the first is to let the mind run away with it. This is the direction that will make you think you’re going crazy because, well, you are. The conditioned mind doesn’t see reality, it approximates it through a combination of perception and knowledge. In other words, what you are seeing in the present is being measured against past experience. Any attempt to measure an experience of the Immeasurable, however, is pretty much guaranteed to bring you endless frustration. You can not use a finite mind to comprehend your own infinite nature. So, what will help here is to slowly wean yourself from the habit of measuring. Measuring yourself is limiting yourself - it is drawing boundaries on your own field of possibility. Stop trying to figure out what you are - you can’t.

When the conditions of the mind drop and one realizes what one is in the present without the conceptions of the past to lean on (what you call “ego death”), there is a considerable shock to the “self.” The idea/belief of oneself that had been slowly and unconsciously built up over the years has just been revealed as a false front; a wall of noise collapses and you are suddenly a sea of silence. All ideas concerning one’s identity have “died” - but not really - it’s only a reprieve. Eventually, the old conditions return, but now there is a difference: they have gotten reorganized to accommodate the possibility that you are not what you had once believed. So, back to the two basic directions I mentioned in the last paragraph: either hand the project of understanding the infinite nature of yourself to your finite mind and go bonkers, or…let go of trying to understand it, let go of trying to make it into anything, just accept it and be with it. The reality is never what your mind made of it, but the feeling itself. Attune yourself to each passing breath, the rise and fall of your body, the presence and movement of energy, the pure sensation of of your humanness. Placing your full conscious attention on the internal presence and movement of energy and the release of tension/pressure will help to shift you away from producing thoughts concerning your state of existence to purely feeling your state of existence. Shifting your attention inward to feeling will slow/stop the spinning-wheel nature of mind trying to figure itself out and ground your awareness in the body itself. There is no end to which this “grounding” can deepen. It helps to be in a quiet atmosphere, and especially in a natural setting. Ultimately, this is not “death” of the ego, but rather an “occupation” of ego by your own higher power, which makes “ego” flexible to its own purposes. What “dies” is your own unconsciously manufactured identity, which is gradually replaced by the presence of What You Are. you become your truest self, while also possessing no “self".

The end of separation is the end of desire. It’s life, it’s death, it’s unity; it is the absolute. In this profound realization, we find perfection eternal, a state of everlasting harmony.

@MarioGabrielJ Ego is an effect, an effect of the resistances we have to being and expressing who we really are. I wrote this same previously in one of the topics. People really make ego in to a thing or a being and it is none of those things, however we can create an experiance where it will feel this way and it will feel very real. I prefer not to do that instead I use it as a tool an indicator , it’s a part of me and since it is it can be used in a positive way. 

2 minutes ago, Evelyna said:

@MarioGabrielJ Ego is an effect, an effect of the resistances we have to being and expressing who we really are. I wrote this same previously in one of the topics. People really make ego in to a thing or a being and it is none of those things, however we can create an experiance where it will feel this way and it will feel very real. I prefer not to do that instead I use it as a tool an indicator , it’s a part of me and since it is it can be used in a positive way. 

I appreciate your answer thanks😃

The end of separation is the end of desire. It’s life, it’s death, it’s unity; it is the absolute. In this profound realization, we find perfection eternal, a state of everlasting harmony.

Great explanation, thanks!

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

Bra förklaring, tack!

Thank you🌟

Good post . Where you got this from ?

9 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Bra inlägg. Var fick du det här ifrån?

Thanks, my nde and some own spiritual work

Posted (edited)

its like your aura turns off

Edited by Hojo

4 hours ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

Thanks, my nde and some own spiritual work

Ok

You are truly an asset to this community. Thank you.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Yes and there're many degrees of this. If you dissolve all of it you become pure light/heaven. And this is also the only state you can experience oneness with the true "Father".

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

7 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Du är verkligen en tillgång för denna gemenskap. Tack.

❤️

Great post, thanks for sharing :) 

On 2024-07-28 at 3:02 PM, QVx said:

Great post, thanks for sharing :) 

❤️

At some point we start wondering "what isn't ego" and so there's the path of full-integration or annihilation

Depending on if we define ego as a limitation of conscious experience or resistance towards authentic desire

Good post! :D

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

3 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

At some point we start wondering "what isn't ego" and so there's the path of full-integration or annihilation

Depending on if we define ego as a limitation of conscious experience or resistance towards authentic desire

Good post! :D

Thank you I really appreciate it🤗