Leo Gura

Jordan Peterson v Actualized.org?

311 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura joe Rogan already discussed some general points about psychedelics with Jordan Peterson. Great discussion

I wonder if Leo would ever go on Joe Rogan.

It would be interesting.

I think he has tried magic mushrooms, so double points if you both do the conversation while high on shrooms. :)  

@Leo Gura Why do you think debating is an unhealthy habit on YT? I feel like quite a lot can be achieved if people argue in good faith.

Besides that, I also would love to see you speak to Destiny at some point. He can be quite inflammatory sometimes, but underneath that I think how he approaches problems and makes sense of the world is really interesting.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I also emailed Tom from Impact Theory. We might do a conversation about epistemology.

Please go for it. The description of Tom's YT channel says "  Impact Theory is committed to an unbiased pursuit of the truth." , But then, just check his latest uploads . He has had a streak of guests with terrible political takes that he platforms and takes more seriously than deserved. I know it's content, but I feel he could use a little raising of his standards .

Then again maybe they say a valuable thing or two, but the net impact is rather not that ideal

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

I would love to see it.

That said, I don't think he's capable of speaking about spiritual topics anymore without relating them back to politics. Everything now has to be tied back to politics, so be prepared for that.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, hundreth said:

I would love to see it.

That said, I don't think he's capable of speaking about spiritual topics anymore without relating them back to politics. Everything now has to be tied back to politics, so be prepared for that.

Hold on tight. We are being more inclusive with who we probe into. And expanding our circle of concern.

Edited by Yimpa

I would cut off my right testicle if it means I could see Jordan Peterson having a conversation with Leo Gura.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@Leo Gura Completely agree with you there, especially debating spirtual people, whom I also find more annoying, which makes me live more like a hermit, and minimize contact with people, becoming more selectively social, with the majority of my time spent peacefully alone :)) 

Posted (edited)

Yes, then I can introduce Actualized.org to some of my more traditionally oriented friends and I am very curious as to how it will go, because you will corner him at some point. And there will be a clash with paradigms about spirituality, that's for sure. You are not just going to agree with him, like with Ralston.

Edited by Applegarden8

Posted (edited)

I think it’s a bad idea. A conversation about god will just end up with Leo saying he knows because he did psychedelics and most people won’t buy that. The only thing Leo could convince someone to do is take 5 meo but if JBP tried 5 meo he’d have a complete breakdown.

Edited by Raze

8 hours ago, Jayson G said:

@Leo Gura That would be very interesting but wondering a) just sending him an email means its a high likelihood of him agreeing? b) why would you want to if you have a lot of criticisms towards him? Im just curious why engage in conversation with him if you're opposed to his worldviews?

Imagine a conversation with someone who agrees with your every point, your every views, your every opinions and your every everything. Yawn yawn.

Know thyself....

28 minutes ago, gambler said:

dude where is @Danioover9000 how did we make it to page 4 without him making a remark 

Probably watching Lex Fridman or Daniel Schmachtenberger...

19 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I would cut off my right testicle if it means I could see Jordan Peterson having a conversation with Leo Gura.

A little too far, don't ya think. Be careful, Leo might see this comment and him and JP might decide to run a prank and hit you up. Lol

Know thyself....

2 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Probably watching Lex Fridman or Daniel Schmachtenberger...

Lol you guys are f u n n y......

Know thyself....

Just now, CARDOZZO said:

@Leo Gura Send a hug/kiss to Mikhaila.

Stunning woman :x

Whose that?

Know thyself....