Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlueOak

Backache while sitting.

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know, third post about health issues recently; life's hit a few bumps to be sure.

I think this one is designed so I don't sit down as much in life, but it's creeping into other areas, such as my ability to rest after work now. Just did 10 hours today and I can't sit down at the end of it without a low level pain, which builds to moderate if I sit too long. When standing, I am fine.

I've been doing very light Yoga again to try and reverse it. It's most accentuated when doing downward dog, but not in the bend as you might expect, its when going into an arch of the back upwards. So i've been doing that and related exercises to try and improve it. It often hurts a fair bit when circling the back in the morning while sitting. A common yoga move, especially when at a leaning point left and right when circling.

I know on the meta why this is here but damn I can't stand up all day. I was planning to maybe switch to driving for a living eventually, so this sucks, one of the staff just left for a driving job which seems to be me mocking myself :D.

Anyway any advice is welcome. I am not planning to take another issue to the doctor right now, so I am looking to do a bit of work myself, and seeking answers in that vain. If it gets to a 5/10 pain regular then I'll escalate beyond trying exercises, posture corrections, heat ideas, massage etc.

Edited by BlueOak