BlessedLion

What’s The Appeal Of Jordan Peterson?

24 posts in this topic

@bambi Yes I can understand that critique, he doesnt have the lightness and joy that you would expect from an spritually evolved person, he has some bitterness that doesnt speak good for himself. But you dont know what he wrestles with and what he went through. He still is a deep and serious thinker and if you saw some of his newer podcasts, which I posted here he shows himself open, honest and vulnerable. I also wouldnt say he is on a low level of spiritual development, he mentioned that he is doing kriya yoga everyday and he has done some deep psychedelic trips. When he speaks about god or his religious ideas he doenst do this just from an intellectual/dogmatic/belief-based standpoint but it comes from deep grappling and authentic insight.

I probably sound like a total JP fanboy here, which im not. I just think like with most thinkers there is some signal and some noise and you have to discern for yourself. My point is just that the signal in his teaching goes way deeper than people seem to give him credit for.

8 minutes ago, Cireeric said:

@bambi Yes I can understand that critique, he doesnt have the lightness and joy that you would expect from an spritually evolved person, he has some bitterness that doesnt speak good for himself. But you dont know what he wrestles with and what he went through. He still is a deep and serious thinker and if you saw some of his newer podcasts, which I posted here he shows himself open, honest and vulnerable. I also wouldnt say he is on a low level of spiritual development, he mentioned that he is doing kriya yoga everyday and he has done some deep psychedelic trips. When he speaks about god or his religious ideas he doenst do this just from an intellectual/dogmatic/belief-based standpoint but it comes from deep grappling and authentic insight.

I probably sound like a total JP fanboy here, which im not. I just think like with most thinkers there is some signal and some noise and you have to discern for yourself. My point is just that the signal in his teaching goes way deeper than people seem to give him credit for.

Yes I have watched all his videos, and my critique is accurate.

Yes he is developing and trying, every human is forced to confront themselves at some point. This doesnt negate anything Ive said.

On 7/25/2024 at 6:58 PM, Joshe said:

s. I've tried to get into Wilber but just never seemed my style. I should probably try harder

Wilber is top notch. I also love Hawkins. Never heard of Allen

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

@BlessedLion I used have respect for JP but with his bs views on politics I just can’t hold him in high esteem. Bit like musk really. Thought he was doing good with space travel and electric cars but I can’t stand the guy now

Yeh it’s basic self help material with a strong conservative leaning. It’s okay if you need a kick up the ass to get on with your life. Admittedly I have not read much of his stuff but from videos etc it doesn’t come anywhere close to Wilber

Also, I think he’s gone deeper into conservative ideology because of the attacks he’s received from the identitarian left. There’s an ego backlash going on and he’s double down on those views. Same with musk.