NightHawkBuzz

I'm volunteering for a republican political campaign and I am getting more experience

15 posts in this topic

I am currently volunteering for a republican political campaign. I went to volunteer for a 4th of July parade to help spread the word about the candidate who was there. 

I just wanted to say that rally really gave me true insight into how a political campaign works. It really showed me what it's like to run for an office and how spreading the message about yourself works at a parade. 

I am say I truly I am getting good experience to see what it's like to be on a campaign. 

What did you do as a volunteer? can you go more in depth about how was the experience and what insights you got from it?

3 hours ago, Lews Therin said:

What did you do as a volunteer? can you go more in depth about how was the experience and what insights you got from it?

@Lews Therin I'm currently still volunteering. I have gotten a lot of experience and insight into what it is like being apart of a campaign.

The experience has given me some real ideas into what it is like to be in a campaign. The insights that I have gotten have been that getting people to vote for you is a major part of politics. Also attending different events and parades to spread the word about your campaign is important.

Also, there is a behind the scenes aspect that people don't show in politics such as creating signs for events.  

Here are some things I have been doing 

1. Putting hundreds of sign attachments onto signs 

2. Creating an excel list of different Juneteenth events for the candidate that they can attend and go to.

3. Creating an excel list to see what corporations, organizations and individuals the candidate can potentially reach out to. 

4. Going to a 4th of July Parade and passing out flyers to voters. (This Parade is where I really saw how voters are so important and such a huge part of the campaign process. 

@NightHawkBuzz If you are going to be a Republican please for the love of god bring a bit of sanity into it. The only Republican that I have any respect for is Romney even though I disagree with his views. At least he has principles. He’s one of the last old school republicans

In ref to campaigns, I have canvassed for the greens so I know about it at a grassroots level. Just old fashioned door knocking and canvassing in town centres. Connecting with the people

6 hours ago, Chadders said:

@NightHawkBuzz If you are going to be a Republican please for the love of god bring a bit of sanity into it. The only Republican that I have any respect for is Romney even though I disagree with his views. At least he has principles. He’s one of the last old school republicans

In ref to campaigns, I have canvassed for the greens so I know about it at a grassroots level. Just old fashioned door knocking and canvassing in town centres. Connecting with the people

@Chadders I like Mike Johnson I think he's a good republican. 

Nice I haven't done door knocking but I have been to parades passing out flyers for the candidate running. 

8 hours ago, aurum said:

@NightHawkBuzz

What is your interest in participating on this forum?

@aurum To get all the advice, tips and help that I need to succeed in politics like I want to. 

I want to run for congress one day then become speaker of the house and I want to share my journey and get advice as I go along. 

8 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

@aurum To get all the advice, tips and help that I need to succeed in politics like I want to. 

I want to run for congress one day then become speaker of the house and I want to share my journey and get advice as I go along. 

Cool.

Most people on this forum are not directly involved in the world of politics. So it’ll be interesting to hear from someone actually going through it.

Looking forward to hearing what you discover.

22 hours ago, NightHawkBuzz said:

I want to run for congress one day then become speaker of the house

Why speaker of the house specifically?

On 7/26/2024 at 11:52 PM, mrPixel said:

Why speaker of the house specifically?

@mrPixel Because I want to be like Mike Johnson who is the current Speaker of the House. 

On 7/25/2024 at 4:21 PM, Chadders said:

The only Republican that I have any respect for is Romney

Don't forget Liz Cheney.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

And Arnold Schwarzenegger.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Mike Johnson is a shameless Christian Nationalist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.