quantumspiral

Is marriage a trap?

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Seems like the biggest trap going bros.

50 pct divorce rate. Of those couples who don't get divorce, how many are happily married? The success rate for marriage is astoundingly low.

I cringe every time I hear someone get married and everyone celebrates when I know the stats

Edited by quantumspiral

Posted (edited)

Yes, I think Leo has said this explicitly in a video but I can't remember which one. 

On the other hand if you want to devote your life to someone then the marriage could be your karma yoga. 

Edited by Butters

@Butters I don't remember him mentioning it in the recent video on traps- although it certainly could be there.

@quantumspiral Yes

11 minutes ago, quantumspiral said:

@Butters I don't remember him mentioning it in the recent video on traps- although it certainly could be there.

If he did, he probably only talked about it as though women are primarily the victims of failed marriage. When in reality, with the way the system is set up, men are overwhelmingly more disadvantaged by divorce than women are. I’ve noticed any time gender comes up in a topic (in his videos), he rarely ever mentions men being the ones suffering at the hands of women, only the opposite. I think that’s pretty unfair because while women may have been oppressed for much of history, now we’ve just about done a full 180

No but yes. xD

The risk is always there but that's why you take the risk -- because you love that person unconditionally.  If you can't stomach those odds, then don't marry at all.

I will say though, almost all of my married friends eventually fess up that they're miserable and that life kind of sucks.  This is after a few beers though, they'll never bring it up all sober.  Even with a hot wife, some of these dudes are doing the dancing monkey dance to keep the relationship passion alive.  And some of these ladies are putting up with some stupid ass men.

No hate against marriage personally though, I do really love seeing people giving it a shot.

However, do not be fooled by what Instagram and Facebook shows you xD

The only marriage trap is if you encounter a bear trap on the way. How is marriage a trap. You marry, you marry. You get divorced, you get divorced. Where was the trap. Life is spontaneous. Thoughts are patterns. You're living and believing in thoughts. That's the trap.

Know thyself....

It's a trap because people still marry sooner without understanding the other. Maybe their family forces them. Having a family isn't some dating phase. People start to show their real faces. If the gap is huge, then you feel tricked, and divorce isn't easy. People's fear of being looked down on by their parents or their partner's parents makes it difficult, and also other things.

It certainly CAN be.

Gotta be very careful with it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm only getting married when God comes down from heaven and tells me "this one."

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It certainly CAN be.

Gotta be very careful with it.

Like first checking the expiration date on your CANned beans. You don’t want to get married at the wrong time and end up in a shitty situation. 

Posted (edited)

It is God's will for marriages to be glorious, for relationship is the holiest of places to be found for genuine love to bloom. 

The problem is not marriages but iniquity and lack of integrity, personal and generational, that is rampant in today's society. 

Nothing of virtue can flower on such soil/foundation. "don't build your house on rocky ground" as they say.

Have your roots in virtue, integrity, god first before you do anything in life and only beautiful things will blossom. 

Have your roots in iniquity, lust, gluttony, riotous living, slothfulness, fornication and idle living and only misery will follow. 

Thus is the Law. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

I guess I will never know what it is like. No, it's not a trap.

Marriage is like Philosophy you better do it right or not do it at all.

Leo Gura

The married and single men ended their drunken bar talk with, 'We always think the grass is greener on the other side.'

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

If you get married to a gold digger, yes. A massive trap.

Why get married these days? 

Absolutely a trap, because it ties you down.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@Princess Arabia It seems you're not familiar with the definition of a trap. Marriage fits the definition perfectly in many ways, although I do think marriage can be beautiful in other cases.

Depends entirely on the people. I’d say it’s a huge gamble with a low success rate. I’m quite happy alone and hitting it on occasion

I think if I ever did it I wouldn’t get the state involved. No way I’m risking half my shit and hard earned money for anyone. You can really never know what someone might do later down the road. People are unpredictable, especially women. 

That said I think having a long term partner is good for your health

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

Actually… if you seriously love the person and all they stand for and you want to go down the family fun with the house route then yes, marriage is great.

But most people get married to the wrong person, not knowing what they miss. I’ve never been married myself or plan to in the future but I’ve seen what it’s like, and I’ve had men tell me what it’s all about. There’s clear evidence that it can be a trap. This should be common sense to you dudes

Posted (edited)

There's no family without a marriage. And there's no future without families. If everyone comes to the conclusion that marriage is a trap, humanity is either extinct, or will be very disfunctional and go extinct just because of the level of disfunctionality alone anyways. 

Look at the hidden conclusion that follows: If you think marriage is a trap, you're anti-life. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.