Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sugarcoat

Enlightenment and 3D depth perception

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

An interesting phenomena I observe.
In my experience, the thinner the sense of self gets, the more layers of the ego dissolve, the less 3D depth to the environment, because the sense of separation is less strong (the denser the ego the stronger sense of separation) environment seems “closer”. 

How do enlightened people perceive the world? How can they still have 3D depth left or is it different when the self dissolves fully?

im being serious with this question 💀💀

Edited by Sugarcoat

No amount of spiritual work has changed my depth perception.

If you’re honestly noticing a change in your vision, that could be a medical condition.

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, aurum said:

No amount of spiritual work has changed my depth perception.

If you’re honestly noticing a change in your vision, that could be a medical condition.

I was lowkey expecting this kind of reply

what kind of medical condition would cause gradual decrease of depth perception at the same time as one shifts mentally with one’s belief system and identity 

you haven’t dissolved so much probably why you haven’t noticed . Or it happened more slowly so you don’t notice

I don’t mean to come off rude I’m just sharing my perhaps unique experience 

Edited by Sugarcoat

I can’t be the only one with this experience 

30 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

what kind of medical condition would cause gradual decrease of depth perception at the same time as one shifts mentally with one’s belief system and identity 

The idea is that they wouldn’t be related. 

Obviously I don’t really know. I’m not a medical expert. 

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, aurum said:

The idea is that they wouldn’t be related. 

Obviously I don’t really know. I’m not a medical expert. 

I get your point and I understand your reply. My experience doesn’t fit it tho. I can’t be the only one who has experienced change in the 3D depth in conjunction with change in the ego density . It can be subtle 

Edited by Sugarcoat

If the "awakening" is actually provoked by neurological factors yes. 👍

Most of sedative will both decrease sense of self and 3d depth.

The devil is in the details.

3 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

If the "awakening" is actually provoked by neurological factors yes. 👍

Most of sedative will both decrease sense of self and 3d depth.

What kind of neurological factors could provoke awakening? What does that even mean I’m curious?

what is sedative? I know I can google but might as well ask you while I’m here 

26 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I get your point and I understand your reply. My experience doesn’t fit it tho. I can’t be the only one who has experienced change in the 3D depth in conjunction with change in the ego density . It can be subtle 

Then I’d keep looking to see if you can find someone.

All sorts of weird things are possible with both spirituality and health.

5 minutes ago, aurum said:

Then I’d keep looking to see if you can find someone.

All sorts of weird things are possible with both spirituality and health.

Maybe someone replies 

yes

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

What kind of neurological factors could provoke awakening? What does that even mean I’m curious?

5 MeO DMT which is used for ego death is a powerful 5HT1A agonist who deletes stress response. Ego is hypertrophied by stress response (it's a defense mechanism for survival) and stress response increase 3d depth, libido and so on (to survive).

"Life drive" is technically a stress.

what is sedative? I know I can google but might as well ask you while I’m here 

A drug that decrease the activity of the nervous system and the energy perceived.

Like benzodiazepines or dissociatives. 

Edited by Schizophonia

Posted (edited)

I feel i will still not be understood lol

humm...

Edited by Schizophonia

11 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

5 MeO DMT which is used for ego death is a powerful 5HT1A agonist who deletes stress response. Ego is hypertrophied by stress response (it's a defense mechanism for survival) and stress response increase 3d depth, libido and so on (to survive).

"Life drive" is technically a stress.

A drug that decrease the activity of the nervous system and the energy perceived.

Like benzodiazepines or dissociatives. 

Interesting I think I understood

@Schizophonia it’s hard to remember 5 Meo trip because it’s so radically different but it erases that border between you and the world and does make 3D less but in a different way than I’ve experienced naturally with my own shifts 

When I had an “awakening”, it’s as if my usual 3D perspective became flat or 2D in a way.  There was still the recognition of it being 3D, since I could walk forwards and reach over for things but it was also flat because everything is one whole thing, including me!  It’s like it became a dynamic painting of sorts.

Anyways, I’m back asleep but I remember that very vividly and I wish I could snap my fingers and be there/here again.

7 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

When I had an “awakening”, it’s as if my usual 3D perspective became flat or 2D in a way.  There was still the recognition of it being 3D, since I could walk forwards and reach over for things but it was also flat because everything is one whole thing, including me!  It’s like it became a dynamic painting of sorts.

Anyways, I’m back asleep but I remember that very vividly and I wish I could snap my fingers and be there/here again.

Interesting so I’m not the only one with that experience . It’s something in the brain I suppose 

Posted (edited)

the third dimension is depth. You are looking at like a single room. Dimensions are just changes of the room. 3d I can move back in forth in the room( it requires attachment to an object in space and time) 2D i can move my eyes around the room 1d I cant move my eyes or my body and its just a room but I can change rooms. Your whole perception takes place inside of a cube and the cube can look like anything and you are looking into it. where you are looking into it, you have never moved anywhere your entire life the room is just changing. There is a barrier between you and the room when you feel something about the room the room dosent have feelings, its you making up what it feels like.

You are like a flat thing looking flat against a room thats also flat but appears to have depth. You literally have no depth.

Your mother is just a picture in this room and you are making up what she feels like.

All dimensions are imaginary based on what the room can do.

Edited by Hojo

Screenshot_20240725_080504.jpgScreenshot_20240725_080602.jpg

You cannot love what you need.

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Screenshot_20240725_080504.jpgScreenshot_20240725_080602.jpg

That’s why it happened exactly in conjunction with mental shifts/dissolutions of ego layers. 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

That’s why it happened exactly in conjunction with mental shifts/dissolutions of ego layers. 

It's probably something much more complicated than that. Your experience is not a normal sign of ego dissolution. 

Perhaps you interpreted mental shifts as spiritual but it was something neurological instead. That's why it happened in conjunction. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.