CARDOZZO

Intelectual Knowledge x Embodied Knowledge

134 posts in this topic

We have to make this distinction.

We have understanding levels, like a spectrum from superficial understanding to deep embodied belly understanding.

The knowledge burns on your belly. You feel it, you are it.

That's why people read 200 self-help books but nothing really changes.

We have to pursue a deep understanding that burns your old self.

I hope @Leo Gura new course can facilitate ourselves on this path.

Experiential Understanding 🔥

How could we define each term?

How can we move in the direction of experiential understanding?

4 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

How could we define each term?

How can we move in the direction of experiential understanding?

Contemplation.

Reading is not enough.

Test your assumptions, doing, refining the model, asking profound questions, teach to others, try different ways to do the same thing.

I agree, belly understanding is the deepest layer of embodiment.

There's a lot to be learned from the belly and how it cognises and digests reality.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

But its you who makes the understanding ,no book or course can help you with that ,they are just pointers for you to make the understanding that only you can apply.

When you a programmed to think book will give you understanding then your embodiment will be zero, because you wont know what to do with it or its just gonna be information in your head.

Its "tough" to create understanding of the information since you are basically making it out of nothing that's why mind(you) is lazy, so lets assume the understanding of the book and not be able to embody it is nice decoy.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

Reading is not enough.

Reading is Understanding.

Who is reading what?

Edited by Yimpa

@Yimpa no its not ,reading is just taking in the information, understanding is what you are doing with it.

Posted (edited)

Just now, NoSelfSelf said:

reading is just taking in the information, understanding is what you are doing with it.

And both it is.

Edited by Yimpa

@Yimpa okay you and your yimpa to conclusions.

Knowledge, wisdom, insights, intuition, intelligence, and any intellectual or non-intellectual form of knowledge or understanding that is not embodied or materialized in the real world is useless in my opinion.

Intuition is worth nothing if we don’t listen to it, and wisdom gained by spiritual experiences is worth nothing if we don’t integrate it into our lives.

If reality or God were solely to rely on intellectual masturbation and theorizing, there would be nothing in the world, no single tree, animal, or human.
In my view, one very bold aspect of the creator of this world is that he is a materializer of the wisdom he possesses.

👽

Reading 200 books is not really understanding. It's just a basic step for eliminating sheer ignorance.

Real understanding requires much more serious contemplation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Lila9 said:

Knowledge, wisdom, insights, intuition, intelligence, and any intellectual or non-intellectual form of knowledge or understanding that is not embodied or materialized in the real world is useless in my opinion.

A very shortsighted position.

51 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I may be wrong about it, but this is how I feel about knowing.

I feel that once one knows, there is a responsibility in knowing.

There is a responsibility to integrate it, embody it, put it into practice, or use it in a conscious way for the good of the self or the greater good. 

Maybe it’s different for more theoretical and abstract forms of knowledge, which cannot be easily embodied or integrated, or technically cannot be materialized.

This makes them less useful to common humans, though they can be valuable to those who enjoy gaining knowledge for its own sake.

👽

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

What use does it have then?

5 hours ago, Raze said:

What use does it have then?

You cannot reduce understanding to utilitarianism. I may wanna learn about Saturn 🪐 for it's own sake. It is possible to understand useless things for your life or even the human POV; just because I may love understanding at every level and within all its manifestations.

So it depends for why do you want to understand and then you adjust your object of study according to that.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

You cannot know what is useful or useless until you understand reality.

And the most important things transcend survival utility.

If you operate by what is useful, you are just being a survival monkey, which will entrap your mind.

If you wanna keep being a monkey, always follow what is most useful.

Edited by Leo Gura

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can know what is useful or useless until you understand reality.

And the most important things transcend survival utility.

If you operate by what is useful, you are just being a survival monkey, which will entrap your mind.

If you wanna keep being a monkey, always follow what is most useful.

Your giving precisely 0 value propition to the intellectual part. 

They arent even asking how it effects survival.

They are asking besides mental masturbation - which is fine if thats your hobby - what other value does it bring

In most spirituality, embodied realisation decresaes or permenantly cessates: anxiety, shame, guilt, pride, ego, regret, anger, bitterness, resentment etc etc, and increase: basline joy, peace, love, acceptence, which means your relationships become better, your mood improves and life gets easier

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, bambi said:

They arent even asking how it effects survival.

They are asking besides mental masturbation - which is fine if thats your hobby - what other value does it bring

Value IS survival.

I specifically don't play into that frame. 

If you are looking for value, you will never understand reality.

But enjoy chasing your value like a monkey grasping for bananas.

What you are overlooking is that you cannot know the value of anything until you understand it first.

Understanding is more fundamental than value or survival.

What is the value of nuclear physics to a baboon?

Edited by Leo Gura