4 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

So sad, she was so beautiful. 

8 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

So sad, she was so beautiful. 

Yes, indeed.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, mrPixel said:

@Princess Arabia No worries, in hindsight I could have softened my response.

As cliche as this sounds, I'd like for people to see things from both sides. But it's hard to be objective because people lean one way or the other. I get frustrated when people blame the victim, and equally frustrated with others blame the cops. Usually these life or death situations are difficult to see without bias despite questionable acts occurring on both sides.

That said,

I'm a huge advocate for effective training for police officers. They need to learn to subdue unarmed suspects without drawing their guns. BJJ and wrestling are perfect for this. But what people don't understand is that you need to train 2-3 times per week for one to two years to be effective.

That is the reality of martial arts, there is no quick fix. It's repetition, not some weekend training session.

New York is catching on and that's a step forward: https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/nypd-brazilian-jiu-jitsu-rener-gracie/

But that's not enough. Training with the same partners every day is not high stress. Cops need to be trained regularly in situations where their adrenaline is pumping so they can learn to keep their cool when they lose the ability to use their minds.

IMO, until this happens, it's going to be the same old, same old.

I mean but why was the cop so condescending and sadistic in his approach?

I don't think being an evil asshole is part of the police training

Nevertheless, objectively Daniel did not fully follow the orders

I get that

But he is definitely abusing his power and while technically he did what was within protocol

He knows that thin line better than anyone (it's his fucking job)

He made sure to be right on the edge of that line and abuse his position for a fucking power trip on some young 26 year old kid

Edited by PenguinPablo

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

Probably because cops deal with 100s of batshit degenerates every week, for years.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Obviously the cop could dodge her and the amount of damage would be close to nothing.

He needs to go to jail and never have a weapon in his life.

Shameful but we also can’t jump to conclusions about all the cops in the USA. 

Relatively speaking US cops are great when you compare it to other countries.

2 minutes ago, Heaven said:

Obviously the cop could dodge her and the amount of damage would be close to nothing.

He needs to go to jail and never have a weapon in his life.

Shameful but we also can’t jump to conclusions about all the cops in the USA. 

Yeah the availability bias is crazy. But US is probably doing much worse than other developed countries 

Of course if you compare to highly corrupt countries then US is way better than their situation

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Probably because cops deal with 100s of batshit degenerates every week, for years.

Telling someone you're going to shoot them in the face is no excuse for dealing with degenerates for weeks or years. He's supposed to be a professional. Especially in this circumstance. 

Know thyself....

1 hour ago, PenguinPablo said:

Police responded to the incident because Shaver reportedly pointed a rifle out of his hotel window. I would not expect a cop to be gentle in a scenario like this. That said, this particular cop seemed like a royal dick. But who knows what was going through his head at the time.

30 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Telling someone you're going to shoot them in the face is no excuse for dealing with degenerates for weeks or years. He's supposed to be a professional. Especially in this circumstance. 

I hope they drug tested him, he was probably on something. 

56 minutes ago, Heaven said:

Maybe third world countries. Not first world countries. 

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yeah, well, let's talk after I see you spend 5 years dealing with degenerates who try to stab you in the face.

It's easy to sit on a forum and wax philosophical about what is right and wrong with the world. But none of you here understand what it's like to work with degenerates every day.

A little perspective would be nice.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura in the Sonya case the cop that killed her was dishonorably discharged from the army and was jumping around between different police departments in different cities when he got in trouble

The George Floyd cop also had a bad streak as well

Police culture goes out of their way to cover their own asses and internal corruption.

That is why these cases are so prevalent... Because they allow this s*** to Fester internally

And I get it they empathize with each other because of all the b******* they deal with. But it's clearly a systemic issue

I mean at this point the USA is infamous for these scenarios

Edited by PenguinPablo

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But none of you here understand what it's like to work with degenerates every day.

I’m currently dating one. Best decision ever!

Fun fact: When I first met them, they stalked my forum profile to see if I was safe to date. I passed the test :) 

Edited by Yimpa

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

But it's clearly a systemic issue

Yes, dealing with millions of dangerous degenerates every year is a systemic issue.

What I said is not about rationalizing corruption, it is about expanding your understanding of why this happens. It is not as simple as blaming it on corruption.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura Thank you for frequently and relentlessly reminding folks on this platform to expand their horizon of understanding, along with calling them out on their self biases, among other important matters you do so damn often Leo to people's replies, that it makes me feel you should place an automated daily reminder that pops up by default once a day for any users of the platform to read, rather than you having to constantly have to remind folks of that, as I'm honestly feeling sick and tired of seeing you have to repeat the same reminders to people so damn much Leo!!

Edited by Moutushi

Posted (edited)

Reminder: God loves POTS!

Edited by Yimpa

46 minutes ago, Moutushi said:

@Leo Gura Thank you for frequently and relentlessly reminding folks on this platform to expand their horizon of understanding, along with calling them out on their self biases, among other important matters you do so damn often Leo to people's replies, that it makes me feel you should place an automated daily reminder that pops up by default once a day for any users of the platform to read, rather than you having to constantly have to remind folks of that, as I'm honestly feeling sick and tired of seeing you have to repeat the same reminders to people so damn much Leo!!

Thanks. At least one here gets it.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Thanks. At least one here gets it.

He is only 11 posts in, let’s see what he thinks when he hits 1000. 😀

Posted (edited)

@Merkabah Star Lol there's seriously a really good reason why I've had only 11 posts in, as I felt the choice of staying silent was the wise choice in many instances as there was a dramatic chance of chit chatter if I had posted a reply and ain't nobody got the time for that :) 

Edited by Moutushi

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Paradoxed said:

This type of violent individual is attracted to the authority position in society most likely.

Yes but reasonably easy to see when stress-tested. The right type of guy will try and calm the situation, the wrong type will agitate it. You can see this going on in all types of police or security videos.

Which is incidentally why I love the auditor movement on youtube. Not because they will achieve any measurable lasting change, beyond some minor photography awareness or procedural adjustments, but because they stress test people in positions of authority on camera before they are tested in situations with serious consequences.

When you work alongside someone like this you know it, you see them day to day; If I can see them in a 5 minute youtube video losing their cool, while their partner is the one settling things down, I can see who the right and wrong man for the job is. These people work with them for many hours a day, they can see patterns. if the police force or security company was run correctly, they'd never be the ones holding the guns.

Edited by BlueOak