oldhandle

Is there a thread about Sonya Massey? Worst thing I've seen since George Floyd

124 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Was she gunna throw hot steaming water on them?

It looks like she wasn't, kneeled down afraid of the gun, but didn't have anywhere to put the pot down, and because she didn't drop it the cop shot her.

When cops are around, don't make any sudden movements, do exactly what they say and just follow directions.

I guess she was schizophrenic or something. She said something before the cop says "You better not, I'll shoot you in the fucking face." Can you tell what she said? It seems threatening.

EDIT: Apparently she said "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" like she was about to throw the water on them.

The cop pointed out the boiling water in advance, and let her walk over to it, which is confusing. He probably just thought she was cooking something, and maybe you shouldn't leave something cooking on the stove. He maybe thought she was going over to take it off the stove, and would've let her do that. Then she the "I rebuke you in the name of jesus" as if he was some demon that she needed to expel from her home with the water, and seemed like she was going to throw it on them. The cop probably didn't know she was schizophrenic.

It doesn't feel exactly like George Floyd, that man wasn't armed with anything.

The cop should've put distance between himself and the woman and backed up. I don't know why he was moving forward ready to engage.

He also let her walk right over to the water and allowed for the situation to happen, and didn't have his body cam on, so we can't see from his perspective.

EDIT: I was wrong, there is body cam footage from both cops..

Also, this turn of phrase isn't what I originally thought it meant, apparently its a very common turn of phrase.

This cop murdered this woman and handled the situation horribly, whether she was trying to attack him with the hot water or not. This man should not be a cop.

Edited by Paradoxed

Damn, really can't believe you're defending this cop who has 2 DUIs and was kicked out of 4 other departments who headshotted a woman in her home for no reason lmao

That cop acted like the water that was by his foot was from her throwing it. It's from him shooting her with the pot in her hand. Where else did he expect the water to go. He tried telling the camera his side of the story, put it was all caught on camera. He could have backed up. Took them a while to go over and assist her also. Lots of people survive gunshot wounds to the head.

When he was by his police car's trunk, it all started to sink in. He started sobbing and shaking and wiping his hands, he knew he was in for it then. He knew he was done. He knew she didn't throw the pot of water and he knew it could have been handled differently. 

Know thyself....

3 hours ago, Paradoxed said:

Then she the "I rebuke you in the name of jesus" as if he was some demon that she needed to expel from her home with the water, and seemed like she was going to throw it on them. The cop probably didn't know she was schizophrenic.

'Rebuke' means to disagree. She commented on why the cops were backing up when she was picking up the pot of water. The cop said something about worrying she might throw hot water on them. She basically said that she disagrees with that point of view. She just said it in a weird way. The cop took that as a threat and pulled out his gun and shot her in the head. 

Anybody interested and doesn't want to watch the whole thing, the main part where the shooting takes place starts at approx 12:00.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Here is how it looked like from the shooter cops's pov (I time stamped it, its starts from 28:25

If you put the speed at 0.25 you can see that she did try to throw the boiling water on the cops.  The other thing is that she did say a few second before the throw "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" while holding the boiling water in her hand.

That all being said, he shouldn't have shot her in the head.

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, zurew said:

Here is how it looked like from the shooter cops's pov (I time stamped it, its starts from 28:25

If you put the speed at 0.25 you can see that she did try to throw the boiling water at the cops.  The other thing is that she did say a few second before the throw "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus" while holding the boiling water in her hand.

Holding a pot of boiling water in your hand does not equate to throwing it. Rebuke you in the name of jesus doesn't mean I'm going to throw this boiling water on you. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Holding a pot of boiling water in your hand does not equate to throwing it. Rebuke you in the name of jesus doesn't mean I'm going to throw this boiling water on you. 

Given all the context "rebuke you in the name of Jesus" does mean throwing the boiling water on you, but regarldess watch the video from the timestamp of 28:25 with 0.25 speed. You can see that she is throwing it.

Edited by zurew

4 minutes ago, zurew said:

Given all the context "rebuke you in the name of Jesus" does mean throwing the boiling water on you, but regarldess watch the video from the timestamp of 28:25 with 0.25 speed. You can see that she is throwing it.

I watched it. I didn't see her throwing it. What I saw from pausing to pausing was her holding it up but it wasn't thrown.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Maybe she was even trying to cover her face with the pot, who knows. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

watched it. I didn't see her throwing it. What I saw from pausing to pausing was her holding it up but it wasn't thrown.

She did throw it and you can see the pot flying towards the cop and  inferring from the steam you can see that from the pot the boiling water managed to immediately land at the cop's feet. How did it get there if it wasn't thrown?

What also got me was when the cop said the water was right by his feet. That happened because she dropped the pot after being shot and the water spilled. If you listen carefully he was making it look as if he missed it by an inch. Like she threw the water and it landed by his feet, it was that close, that's what he was trying to say.

Know thyself....

2 minutes ago, zurew said:

She did throw it and you can see the pot flying towards the cop and  inferring from the steam you can see that from the pot the boiling water managed to immediately land at the cop's feet. How did it get there if it wasn't thrown?

Ok, I didn't see that. I watched it again and didn't see that but I'll watch it again.

Know thyself....

3 minutes ago, zurew said:

How did it get there if it wasn't thrown?

From her dropping the pot and the water spilled.

Know thyself....

5 minutes ago, zurew said:

I'm sorry, I watched it again at speed 0.25 and still didn't see any pot being thrown. 

Know thyself....

2 hours ago, oldhandle said:

Damn, really can't believe you're defending this cop who has 2 DUIs and was kicked out of 4 other departments who headshotted a woman in her home for no reason lmao

I am not defending the cop, I'm bringing nuance to the conversation. I don't think he should have shot her, he should've backed up and reassessed the situation. He acted very irresponsibly

Posted (edited)

@Princess Arabia watch this from 18:30

You can even see when the water lands on the floor.

Edited by zurew

3 minutes ago, zurew said:

@Princess Arabia watch this from 18:30

OK I see that she got back up and threw the water. Didn't she do that, though, after shots were fired. Maybe she was trying to defend herself.

Know thyself....