kamill

Help Needed: Torn Between Pursuing Rap Music or Acting – Which Path Should I Choose

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm facing a dilemma and could really use some advice. After taking Leo's life purpose course, I discovered a passion for music. I learned piano, guitar, and even got into opera school which was a great passion of mine. I also dabbled in rap and had some success, with a few songs reaching over 10k views on YouTube. Unfortunately, I damaged my voice and couldn't sing for a year, which led me to explore acting. I got involved in unscripted theater and did some hidden camera pranks, asking people funny questions.

Now, my voice has somewhat recovered, and I'm still in opera school, though I paused it for a year. I initially got into music because of rap, and it remains a passion. However, with my voice not fully back to normal, I'm torn between returning to rap and music or focusing on theater and acting. Doing both doesn't seem sustainable, and at 26, I feel it's time to commit to a path rather than dabbling.

If my voice were 100%, I'd lean heavily towards rap and music, but given the current uncertainty, I'm considering acting more seriously. Any advice on which path to choose would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

Do you have any music to share that you've worked on? If so, post it up my boy. 

21 minutes ago, kamill said:

If my voice were 100%, I'd lean heavily towards rap and music, but given the current uncertainty, I'm considering acting more seriously.

Why do you have to be at 100%?

Because idk if mid concert my voice going to give up on me and i cannot sing as high as i use to.

Also sometimes right side of my vocal cord hurt even though doctor said iam all right

Why do you need to commit to either or? If I were you I'd commit to content creation and then mix in the music with skits in terms of acting. You do some sort of patreon subscription to monetize and with 200 subscribers at $10 each for example you're sustaining yourself at $2000/month and only up from there. 

<3

Owner of creatives community all around Canada

Instagram is @Kylegfall

Which is more authentic choice for you when you quiet yourself?