FourCrossedWands

The biggest life trap - listening to others

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1. You should get married and have kids - This is the biggest life trap. The only reason people are trying to convince you to get married and have kids is because they want you to suffer. 99% of people who got married and have kids will end up in misery. They become a complete slave of their partner and kids. They become an empty shell of their former self and will get divorced anyway.

2. You should enjoy your life to the fullest. Eat junk food, drink alcohol, do party drugs, have sex, etc. We only live once! - Another big trap that will lure you into the world of misery. You will end up just chasing dopamine rush and will never be truly happy.

3. Go study a college, find a good paying job and don't try anything out of ordinary like starting your own business - This can only be apllied to some people, but if you have the courage to start your own business/become financially free, you must avoid listening to other people at all costs! Most people will never be successful and don't like other people become successful, so they will play various mind games to convince you, that chasing success is a bad thing or even evil.

4. You should eat more. You should sleep more. You should get more muscles. You should gain weight. You should lose weight. You should sleep less. You should have a different haircut. You should shave your beard. You should have a longer beard. You should wear a different kind of clothes. You should work more. You should work less - No matter what, people will always criticise you. STOP LISTENING TO PEOPLE!

Edited by FourCrossedWands

So not to listen to you as well?

Maybe you’re wrong?

I feel by your post that you see life as black and white and it’s much deeper than that. My guess is that you’re in your 20’s.

Nothing bad about it but you lack life experience so you are far from all knowing.

Try to keep an open mind. Growth is real. Self actualization is real.

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Heaven said:

I feel by your post that you see life as black and white and it’s much deeper than that. My guess is that you’re in your 20’s.

Nothing bad about it but you lack life experience so you are far from all knowing.

Age is certainly not the only factor at play here.

For example, you can have a 7 year old pianist who has 1 year experience who’s extraordinarily more proficient than a 28 year old who’s been at it for 6.

IMG_6329.jpeg

Edited by Yimpa

The biggest life trap could be listening to others, or defiantly not listening to others.

The best advice you can give someone is to listen to others that have done and accomplished what you're looking to accomplish. Listen to others to not make the same mistakes you made. Maybe you have listened to the wrong people. 

So, in honor of your post i won't listen to you.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

So, in honor of your post i won't listen to you.

What did you say? I can't hear you... :ph34r:

Edited by Paradoxed

I don't listen to myself either. I don't listen to my thoughts, because they are mostly trash. I listen to my guts instead.

20 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

I don't listen to myself either. I don't listen to my thoughts, because they are mostly trash. I listen to my guts instead.

I don't even listen to Leo, I just stare at his bald head.

12 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

Same. I think Leo should do some ASMR videos where he's whispering to the microphone, touching objects and tapping his head. Would be so much more interesting to watch!

Posted (edited)

You guys are funny. My cat never listens to me. So maybe that's really the way to be. She's probably like, I'm over here living in the present, I'm not going to listen to you over there with your fucked up head where your mind has you in the past and future. Idk nothing about that, I'm here right now doing what infinity wants me to do. ain't listening to you cause you sound like you hollering outta fear. I'm perfectly fine over here in the void. Smh. Lol

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

7 hours ago, Paradoxed said:

lol. Too much knowledge in that shit. Regurgitating vomit and indigestion. 

Know thyself....

Just listen to people who resonate with you and are at a place where you want to be.

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

You guys are funny. My cat never listens to me. So maybe that's really the way to be. She's probably like, I'm over here living in the present, I'm not going to listen to you over there with your fucked up head where your mind has you in the past and future. Idk nothing about that, I'm here right now doing what infinity wants me to do. ain't listening to you cause you sound like you hollering outta fear. I'm perfectly fine over here in the void. Smh. Lol

Cats are bad listeners and they are very hard to train. I have had better luck with training chickens than cats.

7 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

Cats are bad listeners and they are very hard to train. I have had better luck with training chickens than cats.

Why do you need to train anything you don't have to train. Train dogs for protection, train dogs as service dogs, train animals for the circus and so on. Yes, they are hard to train, but I don't need to train her but only to use the potty and she goes outside so I don't even need to do that. The one inside she hates because the litter is not to her liking but will use if it's raining or whenever she doesnlt feel like going out. Humans need more training than animals.

Know thyself....

The thing is conversations like this get muddied as everyone brings their beliefs and viewpoints 

I do agree we should follow our own inner guidance and intuition however. I think keeping one’s mind clean so you can stay in touch with this inner guidance is absolutely important.

@Heaven These are all fair examples of traps. My guess is that you're religious and offended by the advice not to get married

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Why do you need to train anything you don't have to train. Train dogs for protection, train dogs as service dogs, train animals for the circus and so on. Yes, they are hard to train, but I don't need to train her but only to use the potty and she goes outside so I don't even need to do that. The one inside she hates because the litter is not to her liking but will use if it's raining or whenever she doesnlt feel like going out. Humans need more training than animals.

I am just kidding. Cats just don't give a fuck and live in their own reality. We should all be like cats.

1 hour ago, FourCrossedWands said:

I am just kidding. Cats just don't give a fuck and live in their own reality. We should all be like cats.

No, we're not robots. I know you're not being serious.

Know thyself....

11 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

No, we're not robots. I know you're not being serious.

Seriously, I think humans are more robotic than cats. Show me a cat that would do stuff it doesn't want to do for 8 hours a day.

9 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

I think humans are more robotic than cats. Show me a cat