Applegarden8

Obsession with spreading your genes

62 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Nemra said:

It's reality, not a story.

Reality is a story. Don't kid yourself. It's all stories.

Know thyself....

36 minutes ago, integration journey said:

I’m just going to have a cat or a dog eventually and pretend it’s a child. I can’t imagine having actual kids, it’s  too much.

Even a dog is too much care involved for me. Rather a cat

2 minutes ago, integration journey said:

@Sugarcoat would you consider a rabbit or a parrot maybe ? 

I didn’t think about those but now that you mention it yea maybe honestly. If I had an animal I’d like to be able to interact with it but not too much caring like a dog so maybe 

I've had a cat, dog, rabbit, and parrot as a pet. 😁

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

@Nemra a zoo basically 

Not all together. I wouldn't last. 😂

Edited by Nemra

@Nemra how is living with parrots and rabbits different from dogs and cats? 
I heard rabbits can be tricky to live with but I don’t know 

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Lmao, what a big sloth. 

That’s say, that’s not cleaved. You can demand tranquility from an animal or a children. They also don't want you all the time neither and fortunately.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Just now, integration journey said:

@Nemra how is living with parrots and rabbits different from dogs and cats? 
I heard rabbits can be tricky to live with but I don’t know 

I’m just thinking how much care is involved. A dog seems the most since you have to walk it a lot . I’d like to not have to entertain the animal too much in my preference 

Just now, Schizophonia said:

Lmao, what a big sloth. 

That’s say, that’s not cleaved. You can demand tranquility from an animal or a children. They also don't want you all the time neither and fortunately.

Sure 

1 hour ago, Nemra said:

It's reality, not a story.

I understand that you are optimistic. You'll need that. Maybe your situation is good enough that you can be with your children and see and help them grow up.

I’m not optimistic, i just don’t care. I don’t have the control on everything.

The devil is in the details.

11 minutes ago, integration journey said:

How is living with parrots and rabbits different from dogs and cats?

I heard rabbits can be tricky to live with but I don’t know.

Dogs and rabbits need more care than cats and parrots.

E.g., dogs need your attention most of the time. Rabbits shit everywhere, It's difficult to train them.

Posted (edited)

You choose not to see value in this while others do. To them you sitting around jerking off watching actualized videos and popping shrooms looks like a total waste of time when you could be out there falling in love and living life and creating something life changing like a family. You see? It’s what you choose to value and I see value in both a less involved life and one that’s very involved. I personally even prefer the latter. I would love to start a family one day and build up this inner stability to do so. But it’s just what’s authentic and right for you and getting quiet enough to get into flow. 

Now I do agree many people do have kids more so out of reaction than conscious planning. Sex drive can be very strong and when two people meet who especially have a lot of passion, it’s normal to make the mistake of thinking you can get out of being responsible and just start going crazy with those cream-pies without any thought of the consequences. Been there, done that. So I think as clique as this sounds it’s always about balance and that’s the way to live a really healthy life. I would try to make this decision of having kids from a place of balance instead of a place of passion. 

Edited by Lyubov

3 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

@Sugarcoat

@Applegarden8

@Nemra

@Paradoxed

@Jannes

Why you don't want children ? Apart from obvious narcissistic flaws.

The times favor heightened self-awareness, and this stress makes one apathetic, selfish and self-centered in general.
To be able to enjoy giving, one must be able to abandon oneself.

Love is only something you can give. If you dont give love whatever how peoples are kind with you can only pretend to feel it.

Obvious narcissistic flaws aside. x) I don't want to have children:

Because of the experience of my own upbringing;

Socio-economic reasons like I live next to Russia, I am not certain wether I can provide for the next 20 years as it is a risk and goverment is not designed and can't really help me. Also the mentality of people around me is not conducive for healthy and conscious human beings. Many people give birth and just chronically abuse their children, which is unnecessary IMO. But ofc I don't know how practical it is, however, if you can't spend quality time with ur children due to economic reasons it will show.

I can have a marriage which can fail, we get divorced and leave a big fucking scar in my children's life and my children can get weaponized aginst me and it has happened in my life as a child, I have seen it my own eyes.

I did not express my artistic desires which I am focusing right now, and I am not done with it. If I was a full time successful musician, sure I would consider family.

I don't think it's necessary as an alternative has always existed and that is being a sage, bramachariya, rishi, sannyas, monk - people who contemplated what reality is about, and it's about enlightenment mainly, as far as I have found, but ofc not limited to that.

Having children makes you do because you have to do, but I want to learn to live because I want to do something.

1 hour ago, Sugarcoat said:

Or maybe a cactus! I am thinking of getting one. 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@Applegarden8 ... That's how it is when it comes to making things happen, you either gonna be hesitatnt doubt yourself(weak position) or you gonna have leverage.

Its all how you see yourself and how you built yourself.

Survival is not just food its how you gonna think also.

Right, the concept of weak position always leaves you with one foot in weak position. For example, if you are afraid of depression and think "what if I will get depressed, i worry, what I will do?" you are already depressed IMO.

You can tell yourself and make yourself believe a lot of things and be confident in them. You can live pretty confidently making decisions in your daily life thinking for example that Trump shooting was justified or not justified or guns are good/bad or that playing for this club will give me this instead of that etc. and you will feel fine. Why I am saying this because we have some kind of pile of ideologies assembled from the environment and we call this out identity our base from which our beliefs unfold. It is a characteristic of survival and serves well when surviving, but at some point there is something beyond survival and when some part of spirituality assembles some of your base your perception about reality and survival changes. Your desires change, still, over time but much faster. Then a dark night of soul or oblivious experience happens to you and your identity collapses. Then you reflect what you need and don't need and that's not merely survival based weak position. There is genuine reflection about what life fundamentally is and from there you conclude some things like, life sucks without spiritual practice, that does not come from survival paradigm. Sorry if I am all over the place, but it's hard to explain.

Edited by Applegarden8

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

That's because there's inherently none. We do that. Nothing wrong with that, so I'm not saying we shouldn't. Life is just recycling itself over and over and over and over again, with different content. The non existent ego is what's thinking it's important and needs to leave it's legacy. If it knew inherently that it was sooooo important it wouldn't have the need to do so. 

Thank you for the comments, this thread is fire hahaha.

27 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

Or maybe a cactus! I am thinking of getting one. 

Lol