Applegarden8

Obsession with spreading your genes

62 posts in this topic

Hello,

During my adult life I have met people who have an NPC reaction when they discover your goal of life is not to have children. So I have this fundamental question. Why does humanity have to continue? What is the gain of procreation? Is it just for the entertainment of having somebody in your life? Or is there something tangible and more valuable? What is the point of having new immaginary beings on a planet which will eventually expire in this void of nothingness which comes from who the fuck knows what and will go who the fuck knows where. So... And I see this difference in paradigm between me and such people who can't consider a different perspective. It's scary. Their whole life they say exactly the same thing and get butthurt about it if you present an alternative of not doing any of that.

Why do you think it’s so? 

Posted (edited)

I also don’t really understand this. My guess is that biological programming makes us tribal and attached to family and wanting family for our fulfillment and sense of belonging. And on top of this people are attached to societal norms and what’s considered “normal”. Why some of us would not be affected by this I don’t know. I’ve never really wanted children either 

Edited by Sugarcoat

I think some of them just don't know anything other than that. Some of them are conditioned. Some have been forced. Some people want it. It certainly adds drama and experience to their lives, even though they brainwash their children along the way. But if you start to think about your life, those people start to annoy you.

Posted (edited)

Because you want someone to inherit your legacy and belongings you worked so hard for, you want your blood to continue so you are leaving something behind.That's how they think.You are not in the stage to think about it,so its not calling you.Personally im not either but to have children its such a huge responsibility to do it "right" that its such a big deal that in my opinion not that many people is suitable for having children, but that's not the point here.

You either are depressed,havent found yourself and place in the world,dont know the value of your bloodline, your last name,you dont care about the legacy so there is no point in it.

Also most of the time people have sex and are careless so children gets born out of horniness.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

Elon Musk has 11 kids. If there is a ban on abortion he’ll make trip to the 7-Eleven to have another one.

Posted (edited)

People believe they are ready to be parents without understanding the consequences. Putting the traditionalistic BS aside, having kids is a huge responsibility, where you have to understand yourself and be fulfilled with life enough that you can really love them, of course, if you really want to have them.

Edited by Nemra

5 minutes ago, Nemra said:

People believe they are ready to be parents without understanding the consequences. Putting the traditionalistic BS aside, having kids is a huge responsibility, where you have to understand yourself and be fulfilled with life enough that you can really love them, of course, if you really want to have them.

Can also just adopt a Chihuahua.

Why do kids have to be humans?

50 minutes ago, NoSelfSelf said:

You either are depressed,havent found yourself and place in the world,dont know the value of your bloodline, your last name,you dont care about the legacy so there is no point in it.

You are correct, I don't know the value of my life, I don't know the value of human tribe or name and I certainly don't know the value of value.

Just now, Yimpa said:

Can also just adopt a Chihuahua.

Why do kids have to be humans?

Maybe a cat. Personally, I'm not interested in having kids. Although sometimes I rethink about it to not regret it.

It's annoying when people worship the idea of having kids, especially when they are some traditional couple.

My best friend has no kids, yet treats everyone around him like they are his children. A very sweet soul. 

48 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

You are correct, I don't know the value of my life, I don't know the value of human tribe or name and I certainly don't know the value of value.

Somehow it sounds sarcastic when im reading it 🙂 however if you care about the survival/dating its really crucial to know your worth/value of those things otherwise you will always be the one thinking from weak position.

Your primate brain makes you want to reproduce. When people dont question their beliefs are whole lot they might just think that what their primate brain want for them is what they want as well. 

8 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Somehow it sounds sarcastic when im reading it 🙂 however if you care about the survival/dating its really crucial to know your worth/value of those things otherwise you will always be the one thinking from weak position.

Sorry, but I cannot find a strong or a weak position in this argument from the experience of my life and meditation practices. I mean I care about my survival to an extent, but at some point survival mixes with coping/entertainment which you may not acctually need to survive.

I feel that there is no strong or weak position.

Survival for me is more to have a roof over my head, however I accept that I can die today, and it's not worth stressing over procreation.

Posted (edited)

There is biology at play, it's automatic, people want to reproduce. It's baked into the design. It's not always an unconscious primal thing, you can have children and raise them very consciously.

The NPC reaction is always funny, like they have never considered not pooping out multiple children.

Edited by Paradoxed

Posted (edited)

@Applegarden8 So lets say Lebron James is looking for a new club to play in,do you think when negotiation starts he will be in weak or strong position of thinking.That's how it is when it comes to making things happen, you either gonna be hesitatnt doubt yourself(weak position) or you gonna have leverage.

Its all how you see yourself and how you built yourself.

Survival is not just food its how you gonna think also.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

I want as much children as possible.

The devil is in the details.

19 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I want as much children as possible.

And what’s your plan to make that a reality 😂😂

Posted (edited)

@Sugarcoat

@Applegarden8

@Nemra

@Paradoxed

@Jannes

Why you don't want children ? Apart from obvious narcissistic flaws.

The times favor heightened self-awareness, and this stress makes one apathetic, selfish and self-centered in general.
To be able to enjoy giving, one must be able to abandon oneself.

Love is only something you can give. If you dont give love whatever how peoples are kind with you can only pretend to feel it.

Edited by Schizophonia

10 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

And what’s your plan to make that a reality 😂😂

Find a tall, prolactin-rich woman who wants the genes of Europe's greatest people B|

@Schizophonia

If you love them so much, go adopt 100 children.

You're being naive. You're selfish for wanting kids.