Yali

Jordan Peterson thinks Donald Trump should've got the Nobel Prize

89 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by Paradoxed

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Davino said:

Where are the wise and intelligent conservative people?

They must be suffering with this Trump nightmare 

I am conservative in spirit. Politically, I used to be much more conservative, but over time, and thanks to actualized.org and reading high-quality books, I've integrated some progressive ideas (stage green). In other aspects of my life, such as finance, music, discipline, maintaining routines, and risk aversion, I remain quite conservative. However, I've never liked Trump—not now, nor when I was a staunch political conservative. I'm not from the USA, and I've never understood why the 'conservatives' there vote for this person. I think he's deceiving conservatives.

I believe that honest and rational conservative politicians have a major problem—they fail to captivate the masses. Their discourse is more nuanced, less impactful, and therefore more boring, but at the end of the day, good politics should be boring.

The mainstream media always gives more coverage to the politician who makes the most outrageous statements. Right-wing people are partly to blame, obviously, for accepting these messages without reflection, but many on the left are also at fault. For example, when a leftist demonizes a balanced conservative politician with good intentions. The left-wing press tends to lump them all together. I see this clearly in my country. We should all make an effort in this regard. 

Edited by Alex4

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No it isn't.

You are making wildly inappropriate extrapolations from such small data. This is a bastardization of statistical method.

The simple truth is that a war can land on any president's term at any moment for any reason outside his control.

If you think electing an authoritarian is gonna save you from war, you are kidding yourself.

"Let's elect this corrupt emotionally unstable egomaniac who says he will be dictator from day one and has unlimited immunity. He will save us from war."

I mean, this is a joke. Only in a comedy could people take such logic seriously. This is like a Simpson's episode.

While war can land on any president's term at any moment, there are different probabilities to it. While 4 years is a small sample size, it still says something in the limited amount of information that we have.

Trump is a negotiator and while he was seen as Russia's agent (failed Russia gate), this is one of the factors that could have prevented the war from happening.

Why do you take Trump's rhetoric of being a dictator for a day so seriously but other rhetoric of his you just dismiss as lies?  You really can't have it both ways.

Also, knowing you - if the roles were reversed and wars would have happened under Trump's presidency, you would be saying the exact opposite.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Putin has said that he has been trying to negotiate with the US and NATO for years, and they kept rebuffing his proposals. 

I don't think Putin is lying about that. NATO just refuses to back off from its own expasion and eventually Putin had enough.

You can blame that on Biden. But again, this means you want a weaker US president. At least admit that.

Putin has proven time and time again that you cannot trust anything that comes out of his mouth. Did you forget when before the invasion he was asked if he was going to attack Ukraine and he kept denying this for months?

I find it hilarious that you actually believe Putin's narrative - perhaps if you actually followed Russian politics and knew Russian language, you would know that it's a load of BS. 

17 minutes ago, questionreality said:

Trump is a negotiator and while he was seen as Russia's agent (failed Russia gate), this is one of the factors that could have prevented the war from happening.

Yes, but for the wrong reasons. For corrupt reasons. The reasons and motives matter.

Why do you take Trump's rhetoric of being a dictator for a day so seriously but other rhetoric of his you just dismiss as lies?  You really can't have it both ways.

Because he is clearly a liar and con-artist. So yes, I will have it both ways. I will interpret everything says through the lens of him being a con-artist, bullshitter, and narc.

And if my interpretation ends up being unfair to him sometimes, this is his fault for being such a constant lair. He lies so much that nothing he says can be taken seriously by anyone. But what must be taken seriously is his desire for authoritarian rule.

Also, knowing you - if the roles were reversed and wars would have happened under Trump's presidency, you would be saying the exact opposite.

It depends on the details of what led up to the war.

I rarely blame presidents for things. Most things are beyond a president's control.

But something like an invasion of Iraq is definitely Bush's fault. But minor wars happening overseas are usually not a president's fault.

Putin has proven time and time again that you cannot trust anything that comes out of his mouth

Putin is tricky.

Did you forget when before the invasion he was asked if he was going to attack Ukraine and he kept denying this for months?

I always keep that in mind.

I find it hilarious that you actually believe Putin's narrative - perhaps if you actually followed Russian politics and knew Russian language, you would know that it's a load of BS. 

I don't believe it blindly, but I do take his ideas seriously at times. I am selective about it.

I listen to Putin in the original Russian.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

20 hours ago, Yali said:

Jordan Peterson: "Donald Trump should've got the Nobel Prize"

Wow, amazing that they really seem to believe this BS. It's soo obvious from outside the US that this is all just a theatrical performance (not the shooting itself, but the fist-bump reaction).

Trump is seen as many things, but being really strong is not one of them.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

@Alex4 I agree, a transition should be made. I'm fine with most of the political spectrum as long as they propose a mature and intelligent vision. 

There are many ways of building a bridge that get the job done.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

@Leo Gura Never thought you still where fluent in Russian. Do you know any other languages more less?

I'm curious to know, this just a small parentheses in the conversation.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

12 minutes ago, Davino said:

Do you know any other languages more less?

No

2 hours ago, Davino said:

@Alex4 I agree, a transition should be made. I'm fine with most of the political spectrum as long as they propose a mature and intelligent vision. 

There are many ways of building a bridge that get the job done.

I wonder every day how the bridge can be made. I believe it mostly comes down to addressing economic disparities. The ideological spectrum, from the left to the center-right, should be able to find common ground, we are not that different. 

It is not about economics, it is a culture war.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It is not about economics, it is a culture war.

Isn't that so tribal?

Do you think that in Tier 2 politics conservatives and liberals could work hand by hand? Or are they condemned to be like cat and dog

IMO I see so many needles drama and so little results oriented policies that aim at making an impact in the life of citizens. Politics nowadays tend to overcomplicate the already complex

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I listen to Putin in the original Russian.

I would reply to you in Russian, but the mods don't permit foreign languages.

Or maybe they'll let me slide this once.

Привет, товарищ!

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

On which platform can we get the full interview?

Jordan peterson is such an aweful conversationalist to me, he constantly interrupts Musk while he is trying to speak, he literally is incapable of someone else speaking and formualting their opinion. He cannot sit there and just listen. He further thinks himself agreeable lol, hes a fucking self-decieved ego maniac like the rest of them. 

Posted (edited)

Jesus.

Decades of experience and research in psychology and cannot even recognize a narcissist when he sees one?

Political bias makes one so gullible.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

If Obama and Henry Kissinger can get it Trump can to 

2 hours ago, Raze said:

If Obama and Henry Kissinger can get it Trump can to 

Woah. Henry Kissinger got a Nobel peace prize? There’s just no way

Posted (edited)

When I die, I will put all my money into a foundation that will, each year, hand out the Biggest Bullshitter prize.

Jordan Peterson will recieve a retroactive award.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura How does Russian compare to English? I find Engish to be too simplistic as a language which is ironically its biggest strength and weakness at the same time.

English is practical but not poetic.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"