strika

ACTUAL Conscious Politics - A Spiritual Perspective

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

One reason not to think in terms of "spirituality," especially when considering politics.

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Every day it's like fighting a tsunami of human bullshit. I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I am tired of it.

Leo keep increasing the standard until you only have people left who are worth interacting with. I gave you some points in the other thread about how I personally  think you could do that , but obviously you can enforce more rules or different rules. You have a bunch of mods who would probably be happy enforcing new rules if they could see how those rules could elevate the quality of the forum.

Its your forum dude, you can do whatever you want with it, you don't need to conform to anyone. There is not much to gain from letting people destroy your mental health and letting people create absolute garbage threads that are 4chan quality. When you have people who cant respond with an argument and evidence when pushed on a set of claims they made and they refuse to let go or concede  said claims, there is no reason to keep those people around.

We ideally should strive for an environment where people are repulsed from responding with speculation and are highly motivated to source their claims (in a way where they can defend the claims made in that source, not in a way where we overwhelm people with sources that we haven't read ourselves) ; to validate the claims that are said in their source, and to reflect on their thoughts 2-3-4 times, before they click on the 'submit reply' button or before they create a thread. People are addicted to this forum and I think some of these people would be willing to change, because some of them absolutely have the capacity to do it, they are just not motivated enough right now. Maybe banning people for a short period of time (and then progressively increase that time, if they refuse to change) from visiting this forum would be enough negative movitation for people to start to change.

I think it would be  worth it for you to try to enforce a new standard. You can always reverse things, you can always apologize (if you think you fuck up) you can always ask for feedback and then change accordingly, but I think at the end of the day, it would be a good move.

Edited by zurew

12 hours ago, Thought Art said:

It’s the evil “Dark Polarity” bro trying to manipulate your ego! 

Maybe the Dark Polarity will save us from these types of new agers.

Dark Polarity 2024.

19 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I watched the video in it's entirety. Not sure if Aaron should get into political views. I won't even comment on the logistics because I don't know enough about politics to do that; but I'm just just going to say I'll still watch his channel because it was one of the first ones I started watching on this stuff, and when he only had like 26,000 subs, he's a very good speaker and he has a lot of good spiritual stuff on his channel; but politically, and the fact that he even likes Donald Trump on a political level saddens me. 

I am very confused and disappointed with Aaron as well.

He is one of the last people I thought would get radicalized.

26 minutes ago, Brittany said:

I am very confused and disappointed with Aaron as well.

He is one of the last people I thought would get radicalized.

I know, right. Shows again, how we're just human with egos and nothing really makes sense. We have to make sense of it all and put it into our own proper perspectives to make it fit into our own personal agendas. It's ordered chaos. That's why we can't take life too seriously.

Know thyself....

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

I know, right. Shows again, how we're just human with egos and nothing really makes sense. We have to make sense of it all and put it into our own proper perspectives to make it fit into our own personal agendas. It's ordered chaos. That's why we can't take life too seriously.

Those 2 people aren't taking it seriously when they will be forced to, because they don't see how badly it'll affect their lives unless they know it and want it to be that way.

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, zurew said:

Leo keep increasing the standard until you only have people left who are worth interacting with. I gave you some points in the other thread about how I personally  think you could do that , but obviously you can enforce more rules or different rules. You have a bunch of mods who would probably be happy enforcing new rules if they could see how those rules could elevate the quality of the forum.

Its your forum dude, you can do whatever you want with it, you don't need to conform to anyone. There is not much to gain from letting people destroy your mental health and letting people create absolute garbage threads that are 4chan quality. When you have people who cant respond with an argument and evidence when pushed on a set of claims they made and they refuse to let go or concede  said claims, there is no reason to keep those people around.

We ideally should strive for an environment where people are repulsed from responding with speculation and are highly motivated to source their claims (in a way where they can defend the claims made in that source, not in a way where we overwhelm people with sources that we haven't read ourselves) ; to validate the claims that are said in their source, and to reflect on their thoughts 2-3-4 times, before they click on the 'submit reply' button or before they create a thread. People are addicted to this forum and I think some of these people would be willing to change, because some of them absolutely have the capacity to do it, they are just not motivated enough right now. Maybe banning people for a short period of time (and then progressively increase that time, if they refuse to change) from visiting this forum would be enough negative movitation for people to start to change.

I think it would be  worth it for you to try to enforce a new standard. You can always reverse things, you can always apologize (if you think you fuck up) you can always ask for feedback and then change accordingly, but I think at the end of the day, it would be a good move.

Don't we have enough rules in the world. Geesh. Don't do this, don't do that. You sound like the forum police. I don't even think he was referring to the people on the forum, just people in general. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia if we didn’t have standards on the forum this place would be worthless 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Princess Arabia if we didn’t have standards on the forum this place would be worthless 

At DMT-Nexus they have a "no politics" rule. It reflects the old way of thinking that I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, where it's understood that people are simply too stupid to have a civil discussion around certain topics. I think the rule has done wonders towards keeping out toxicity while maintaining focus on the psychedelic experience. Incredible innovations have sprung up from that forum over the years, and I'm not sure if it'd be to the same caliber if it had a Politics sub-forum where their most intelligent chemists could fling poo at each other over differences in political opinions.

Just sharing my observation though. I don't expect anything to change here, and I wouldn't presume to advocate for it.