Ajay0

Higher prana levels equate to joy and bliss

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Higher prana levels equate to high joy and bliss levels as per Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.

https://wisdomfromsrisriravishankar.blogspot.com/2010/01/

Q: How important is prana (life force energy)? One, of course, is it gives life. How does one improve one’s prana?

Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: Prana is present in everything. In fact, we are floating in air, in prana, an ocean of prana. When the unit of expression varies, it makes a difference. Stones have got one unit of prana. Water has got two units of prana. Fire has got three units of prana. Air has got four units of prana. Plants have got five units of prana. Animals have got six units of prana. Human beings are capable of holding from seven to 16 units of prana. The expression of prana is the whole universe.

When prana is lower than one, that’s when you feel depressed. When prana goes further low then you feel suicidal. When prana is normal, you feel normal. When prana is higher, you feel enthusiastic. When prana is very high, you feel energetic and blissful. That is why when people are depressed, low just giving counseling doesn’t work, what needs to be done is to raise the level of prana. When prana is high there is joy, vibrancy, understanding. When prana is low, then the mind starts complaining, depression, lethargy, suicidal tendencies arise. All is play and display of prana.

I had created a thread on prana by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar earlier... 

Edited by Ajay0

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

Prana is vitality, life, energy, universal life.

When someone dies of old age for example, dies because they lack prana

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

It may be a bit of an oversimplification to simply say more is better and less is bad, but I think it does convey the general idea of importance. Very cool to see some spiritual teachers put more emphasis on this area. In many teachings these days, the subtle is left out of the curriculum entirely.

Here's some interesting audio of Ken Wilber talking about its inclusion in some systems and lacking in others. Skip to around 15 minutes for when he begins talking.

@What Am I Ken Wilber always offers nice perspectives. Thanks for sharing

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

The same what we call here as higher and lower conscious states.

Further talks by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on prana... 

https://www.srisri.com/p10/

Breathing is the first act of our lives. Within the breath is the secret of life. Breath is linked to the vital life energy in us, or prana.

We gain prana through air, fresh foods and rest — and also through meditation. A lack of prana results in lethargy, dullness and poor enthusiasm. When our bodies are lively with prana, we feel alert, energetic and full of good humor. Prana is the very basis of health and well-being for both body and mind.

Prana is more abundant in fresh air than in stale air. (Compare how you feel after an hour in a stuffy room versus an hour walking in a forest or near the ocean surf.) Yet whatever the air quality we live in, our health can be dramatically enhanced with pranayama — deep breathing practices that open the lungs and maximize the absorption of prana.

The words prana+ayama mean to live from the dimension of prana — to live fullness of life. Pranayama techniques recharge the cells, keeping us young and vital, with resilient health and brilliant clarity of mind.

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole