LordFall

What if earth is a prison planet?

46 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Basman said:

Who is being punished and why? And by whom? It makes no sense.

People love to be afraid and think they are sinners deep down. 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

2 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Found this infuriating, don't know why. I'd just call it philosophy in that case.

Ken Wilber is not just talking philosophy lol. Have you read books like No Boundary? Shit slaps! 

Lions Heart YouTube

5 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Haha ya honestly the more posts I read from ACIM people, the less interested I am in reading it. 

Better let acim speak for itself. 

“A Course in Miracles (ACIM) is a required course. Only the time you take it is voluntary… you can elect what you want to take at a given time. The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love’s presence, which is your natural inheritance.” 

You cannot love what you need. 

@LordFall Haha... These people just believe what the mind creates. Don't ever give yourself to these kind of people and their interpretations of reality. Such people are very delusional and don't understand how mind creates reality.

Also if you live in Canada you don't automatically get happy, you have to do certain things to create that happiness within you. This is such a stupid way to think about it. People often mistake what is true happiness and how it comes into your life.

Mahadev

6 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

People love to be afraid and think they are sinners deep down. 

Original sin culture perhaps. Plus, depression is a lower form of insanity in my opinion. It distorts your perception of reality to make you feel sorry for yourself.

Posted (edited)

This is a series of problems you can go through if you have a problem with limitations.

It starts with I am limited and I don't like it. I want to blame someone or fight the limitations.
It ends with you having a few irritations left that you just have to accept or gradually work to shift, but still bother you enough to get under your skin.

In the middle it can have avoidance, spiritual moments, shifts in awareness, lots of BS etc. It's great to see, the uncertainty, the walls falling down so the words don't make sense. It's a stream of consciousness cracking at old structures, so if someone is in this state, one thing to accept is they are going through that process. It's better if someone gets through it quickly though, so they don't live in so many self-created fantasies. *We have plenty enough as it is.

More broadly:

Earth is a prison; it has prisons here.
Earth is a vacation; it has vacations here.
Earth is work; it has work here.
Earth is fun...

You get the idea. Even without institutions on a personal level you can make the earth a prison.

Among other things, Earth is a prism for light so you can view the universe through its lens. I like this one because it sounds fancy :), detaches people from identity, can be drawn or illustrated, and gets people to think.

Edited by BlueOak

Most animals have a life full of beauty. Imagine a bird, or a whale. For them, reality is not hellish at all, except in specific moments, which usually end quickly. Only humanity is a great mass of suffering terrified by death, the other beings aren't worried about anything.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The Earth is obviously a circus for training clowns.

Gotta love your cynicism.

On 23/07/2024 at 3:50 AM, What Am I said:

Jeez lol. Well she's definitely not the first person who has made the claim. Gnostic Christianity goes deep into it, and even a goofy religion like Scientology contains aspects of the mythos. Examples of the story are littered all throughout human history. Even Buddhism, with its efforts towards liberation from reincarnation.

Of course religion is going to posit reality as a problem that only they have the solution for. Its awfully convenient. If not, what is the point of religion and faith in the first place?

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Most animals have a life full of beauty.

Except for when humans get their hands on them and subject them to torture. Mass farming, chimpanze lab testing, most domestic animals. We fucking suckkk

Lions Heart YouTube

30 minutes ago, Basman said:

Of course religion is going to posit reality as a problem that only they have the solution for. Its awfully convenient. If not, what is the point of religion and faith in the first place?

I hear what you're saying, and I get how it makes sense to think that, considering how most religions function these days. But it's highly likely that the true origin of all religions is the authentic mystical experience. If you trace them back to their roots, it always starts with a group of people making the effort to intentionally induce altered states of consciousness, and then the group relays their findings which are recorded and passed down. Obviously the record gets warped and abused over time, but I think it's important to remember how basically all of them start.

This idea of a "prison planet" is one of the most frequent intuitions relayed by mystics throughout time. If this girl's story is to be believed, she experienced it as well in an altered state when under the influence of a powerful psychedelic. It's not impossible to conceive, as she'd be far from the first person to come to the realization, whether it's actually true or not.

Posted (edited)

@BlessedLion Still think he's too stuck in intellect (hence not really about enlightenment work) and doubt what he's conscious of. Overly focused on charts, mapping stuff, and providing a cosmology, which I think it's misleading and not the purpose of said work. It can be convincing and smart but that's distinct from simply communicating an authentic experience or direct consciousness. He might be aware of certain relative dynamics, but that's my opinion so far.

Edited by UnbornTao

9 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

@BlessedLion Still think he's too stuck in intellect (hence not about consciousness work) and I doubt what he's actually conscious of. Too focused on mapping stuff, etc, which I think it's misleading and not the purpose. Can be convincing and smart, but that's different from an authentic experience. He might be aware of something, though. But that's me.

When talking about Ken Wilber, I actually agree he's a bit too obsessive with mapping everything out in his integral framework. I was just thinking about this the other day. I get the sense he may be bound by the human need for everything to slot into place in a logical and satisfying way, and it's possible he forces some of his conclusions based on that. When a map loses its clarity due to being an endless hodgepodge of scribbles covering the page, it stops being useful.

On the flip side, I'm pretty confident he does have authentic and considerable skill in consciousness. He's also great for summarizing the important points from the various wisdom traditions. He can be awesome if you're able to cut around the fat when consuming his content.

If humans were truly selfless they would just off themselves and allow nature to flourish and thrive 

Lions Heart YouTube

1 hour ago, UnbornTao said:

@BlessedLion Still think he's too stuck in intellect (hence not about consciousness work) and I doubt what he's actually conscious of. Too focused on mapping stuff, etc, which I think it's misleading and not the purpose. Can be convincing and smart, but that's different from an authentic experience. He might be aware of something, though. But that's me.

I can see why you might get that impression but I’d recommend not making those assumptions unless you’ve deeply studied his work. Wilber is the real deal. He speaks in depth of the Unborn and Undying Tao and in a manner that is undeniable that he grasps it 

Lions Heart YouTube

1 hour ago, What Am I said:

When talking about Ken Wilber, I actually agree he's a bit too obsessive with mapping everything out in his integral framework. I was just thinking about this the other day. I get the sense he may be bound by the human need for everything to slot into place in a logical and satisfying way, and it's possible he forces some of his conclusions based on that. When a map loses its clarity due to being an endless hodgepodge of scribbles covering the page, it stops being useful.

On the flip side, I'm pretty confident he does have authentic and considerable skill in consciousness. He's also great for summarizing the important points from the various wisdom traditions. He can be awesome if you're able to cut around the fat when consuming his content.

I can see why you’d say this. He does seemingly ramble a lot but I think it’s with purpose. Anyway, different teachers resonate with different people I guess. Doesn’t say anything objective about them

Lions Heart YouTube

6 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

I can see why you’d say this. He does seemingly ramble a lot but I think it’s with purpose. Anyway, different teachers resonate with different people I guess. Doesn’t say anything objective about them

Sure, and just to clarify, he's in my top 5 of all time for helpful sources relating to spirituality. A huge portion of my understanding came from him, and I'll always be grateful.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

If humans were truly selfless they would just off themselves and allow nature to flourish and thrive 

Life is war . Nobody is selfless, almost everything that lives, kills. That's how the game is designed. Then, it's normal the volume of shit that humans create. Humans are the ultimate predators, created to dominate nature, for total evolution. Our basis is the fight to death between the species that come from millions of years. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, What Am I said:

I hear what you're saying, and I get how it makes sense to think that, considering how most religions function these days. But it's highly likely that the true origin of all religions is the authentic mystical experience. If you trace them back to their roots, it always starts with a group of people making the effort to intentionally induce altered states of consciousness, and then the group relays their findings which are recorded and passed down. Obviously the record gets warped and abused over time, but I think it's important to remember how basically all of them start.

This idea of a "prison planet" is one of the most frequent intuitions relayed by mystics throughout time. If this girl's story is to be believed, she experienced it as well in an altered state when under the influence of a powerful psychedelic. It's not impossible to conceive, as she'd be far from the first person to come to the realization, whether it's actually true or not.

Religion is just a cult that sprung up after certain mystical individuals passed away in many cases. The purpose of religion is to arrest people's perception and to proliferate itself as a culture.

Mystical experiences is something else in my opinion.

Edited by Basman

7 hours ago, What Am I said:

Sure, and just to clarify, he's in my top 5 of all time for helpful sources relating to spirituality. A huge portion of my understanding came from him, and I'll always be grateful.

Yes I agree! My top 3 for sure 

Lions Heart YouTube