Oppositionless

How do you lose the desire to get high?

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Twelve step groups all talk about losing the desire to compulsively take drugs but how does one actually lose the desire ?

I keep freaking myself out on weed and I'm sick of it, but I also love it. Its an objectively worse state of consciousness than sobriety but it's so alluring.

Edited by Oppositionless

To break an addiction you need to think that you are not missing out on anything by no longer feeding the addiction. What are the costs of your addictions?

For me breathwork really helps. An hour out of my day I put my headphones in, do some breathwork, trip balls and then come back. It's enormously healing and easy to do. Plus you get a much deeper experience than you get from pot. It's a non negotiable for my sobriety. Hope this helps! 

1 hour ago, Basman said:

. What are the costs of your addictions?

Isolation primarily 

35 minutes ago, tlowedajuicemayne said:

For me breathwork really helps. An hour out of my day I put my headphones in, do some breathwork, trip balls and then come back. It's enormously healing and easy to do. Plus you get a much deeper experience than you get from pot. It's a non negotiable for my sobriety. Hope this helps! 

How do you do breathwork?

There are different types of breathwork. If you want to trip then shamanic breathing will be your best bet. Not that BS DMT activation stuff on YouTube either. I recommend you Find a breathwork center in your city and learn from someone who regularly gets results. You'll know in 20 minutes if it's for you to not. Not to.mention most breathwork centers are also ayahuaska churches. 

Heartbreak.

Posted (edited)

If weed harms you in a sufficiently, unexpectedly, possibly permanent way, you will lose interest in it (traumatization). This of course is not a ideal method, but it is what happened to me. (Don't try and harm yourself with weed.)

I am open to maybe eating edibles again one day, but I have a extremely low probability of ever smoking it again.

Edited by LittoDitto

11 hours ago, LittoDitto said:

If weed harms you in a sufficiently, unexpectedly, possibly permanent way, you will lose interest in it (traumatization). This of course is not a ideal method, but it is what happened to me. (Don't try and harm yourself with weed.)

Regretfully, I this is how it had to be for me. I was smoking/ taking edibles almost daily to the point that it started directly interfering with my responsibilities for uni, so I had to a cold turkey stop. I haven't smoked in like 7 months. 

3 hours ago, Ero said:

Regretfully, I this is how it had to be for me. I was smoking/ taking edibles almost daily to the point that it started directly interfering with my responsibilities for uni, so I had to a cold turkey stop. I haven't smoked in like 7 months. 

Congrats on 7 months 🎉

you are trying to get rid of desire throughout desire - therefore an impossible task <3

Just now, TottiWatts said:

you are trying to get rid of desire throughout desire - therefore an impossible task <3

My X turned out to be an A+ 

:x

idk what u mean by X broda can you guide me?

Posted (edited)

@Yimpa lol I learned w that exp also I guess ahahhahahahhaha

Edited by TottiWatts

12 hours ago, Oppositionless said:

Congrats on 7 months 🎉

Thank you!

On 24/7/2024 at 10:19 PM, Oppositionless said:

It doesn't feel easy.

I feel like I need a bodyguard to kick my ass every time I think about going to the smoke shop .

One thing that helped me is that I hid my debit/credit cards from myself (I don't use cash). The smoke shops didn't accept iPhone tap to pay, so it created enough distance/resistance to be able to realize and stop myself. 

For me, I used to smoke too much weed because I didn't have anything big that I was working on. My job was training based at the time and I felt that I could smoke in the mornings and still be good for the trainings. Now that I am actually teaching lessons, (I'm a dance instructor) I know that if I smoke in the morning then I will be way too groggy to teach a good lesson. Once I realized this, weed became easy to give up. 

Morale of this story, I wouldn't focus your attention on not smoking weed, I would focus your attention on the rest of your life; you should have a life that is engaging enough so that you don't need a high from a drug, you should be getting this high from life itself. Ask yourself, why isn't your life structured for this sort of engagement. 

17 hours ago, Ero said:

Thank you!

One thing that helped me is that I hid my debit/credit cards from myself (I don't use cash). The smoke shops didn't accept iPhone tap to pay, so it created enough distance/resistance to be able to realize and stop myself. 

That's actually something I thought of as well. If I leave my wallet at home, I can still get food with Apple pay