hoodrow trillson

It’s Joever

229 posts in this topic

We might actually have a fighting chance here!

Between Biden doing the honorable thing and Trump being so inconceivably stupid as to revert to his old divisive, incendiary, name-calling, red stage self in the span of 15 minutes (when he could have so easily destroyed the entire leftist strategy by presenting himself as a "changed" man and a unifying figure), and 2024 being his last realistic shot at political relevancy... I am hopeful for a slow and gradual return to normalcy in the next few years.

It’s becoming glaringly obvious that the RNC had not prepared for this switch at all and oh boy are they panicking 

Posted (edited)

Biden should really resign the presidency to give Harris the incumbency advantage for 2024. If she was the sitting president now, then she would automatically be able to show the whole country how she governs, dominate the political narrative by using all of the levers and resources of the presidency, be able to 100% effectively run on the extraordinary amount of historic accomplishments the Biden/Harris admin did for the country, and have the exceptional level of gravitas.

Edited by Hardkill

4 hours ago, kylan11 said:

We might actually have a fighting chance here!

Between Biden doing the honorable thing and Trump being so inconceivably stupid as to revert to his old divisive, incendiary, name-calling, red stage self in the span of 15 minutes (when he could have so easily destroyed the entire leftist strategy by presenting himself as a "changed" man and a unifying figure), and 2024 being his last realistic shot at political relevancy... I am hopeful for a slow and gradual return to normalcy in the next few years.

I don't think it's gonna end quietly and peacefully.

The woke smears starting up any day now could easily reignite racial animus higher than George Floyd levels. 

The Rs are most certainly going to show their racism and it's not going to go unchallenged when it's on this big of a stage. It has been about the border and abortion but I bet they're about turn on a dime straight into woke town. The propaganda will be fierce.  "Black woman loves queers and dances to hip hop, will take your guns away and make your kids learn ebonics." 

The Rs already thought their country was going to hell under Biden. Once they start hearing things like Kamala has chance of winning, they are going to absolutely freak out.  

He dropped out of the presidential race. Is it because he can't operate cars or the government because of his old age? It is. 

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Joshe said:

The propaganda will be fierce.  "Black woman loves queers and dances to hip hop, will take your guns away and make your kids learn ebonics." 

It’ll be a shit show but I’m kind of looking forward to it for the entertainment value

Edited by mrPixel

2 minutes ago, mrPixel said:

It’ll be a shit show but I’m kind of looking forward to it for the entertainment value

The choice is simple: if you want more kindness in our society then do NOT vote for Trump.

2 hours ago, BuddhistLover said:

He dropped out of the presidential race. Is it because he can't operate cars or the government because of his old age? It is. 

g6exja0d9xdd1.jpeg

Brains Do Not Exist 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Biden should really resign the presidency to give Harris the incumbency advantage for 2024. If she was the sitting president now, then she would automatically be able to show the whole country how she governs, dominate the political narrative by using all of the levers and resources of the presidency, be able to 100% effectively run on the extraordinary amount of historic accomplishments the Biden/Harris admin did for the country, and have the exceptional level of gravitas.

Thats what I’ve been thinking too since the debate. It would give her a big boost. I would 25th amendment him. The DNC cant look so cutthroat tho, as part of their voters wouldn’t like it, even though politics in general is cutthroat. 

Edited by Merkabah Star

On 7/21/2024 at 3:30 PM, Leo Gura said:

Okay, now we gots a race!

Biden is wise afterall.

I suggested this needed to happen weeks ago. He wasted crucial time. Now it seems we're locked into Kamala. Maybe that was part of the plan, who knows... but I don't think she's our best candidate.

Posted (edited)

A black woman and a gay man combo is literally the worst strategy to beat Trump.

People are voting for Trump because they're scared. They see all of the public discourse being about identity politics, gender fluidity pushed in schools, DEI corporate initiatives, etc etc. 

Now your strategy is to validate all of their fears by putting forward these two Hilary esque "food groups." Even if these candidates may be qualified, it comes across as Disney movie casting bullshit.

All people want is some semblance of normality. You can only move as fast as society allows you to. They weren't ready for Hilary. They might be ready for Harris, but you at the very least need someone cookie cutter to pair her with.  

Edited by hundreth

I haven't seen Harris do a speech since she was primarying 4 years ago. I didn't like her back then. She seemed fake. And haven't had any interest in seeing her talk since. But, since she is running for president, I thought I'd listen to her speeches. And to my surprise...I really like her now. She seems genuine, joyous, loving, friendly, easy-going, community oriented. It doesn't seem like she is 'giving a speech', and more just being herself and talking to an audience. Color me completely on-board with her. I'm relieved and happy with the direction this is going. 

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, hundreth said:

A black woman and a gay man combo is literally the worst strategy to beat Trump.

People are voting for Trump because they're scared. They see all of the public discourse being about identity politics, gender fluidity pushed in schools, DEI corporate initiatives, etc etc. 

Now your strategy is to validate all of their fears by putting forward these two Hilary esque "food groups." Even if these candidates may be qualified, it comes across as Disney movie casting bullshit.

All people want is some semblance of normality. You can only move as fast as society allows you to. They weren't ready for Hilary. They might be ready for Harris, but you at the very least need someone cookie cutter to pair her with.  

I mean, only a matter of time before Trump or someone else goes mask off and forgets that normal people aren't comfortable with overt displays of bigotry.

img_1_1721688887204.png

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

19 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

I mean, only a matter of time before Trump or someone else goes mask off and forgets that normal people aren't comfortable with overt displays of bigotry.

Trump's entire presidency is based on overt displays of bigotry. What are you talking about?

31 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

I haven't seen Harris do a speech since she was primarying 4 years ago. I didn't like her back then. She seemed fake. And haven't had any interest in seeing her talk since. But, since she is running for president, I thought I'd listen to her speeches. And to my surprise...I really like her now. She seems genuine, joyous, loving, friendly, easy-going, community oriented. It doesn't seem like she is 'giving a speech', and more just being herself and talking to an audience. Color me completely on-board with her. I'm relieved and happy with the direction this is going.

I genuinely think she enjoyed serving as vice-president and I think you can see a little bit of that, more actual joy - plus she's generally around more decent people than Trump so she seems happier than him lol (it could just be me though). It's just that the political discourse is filled with so much filth and perception of filth that people can't imagine that she actually enjoyed anything - right wing discourse makes you think nobody, and especially not women , could ever laugh in Washington D.C. . .. They can't project a worldview or modus operandi of people in Washington D.C.  outside of what's been told to them about these people so they just assume the laughter is fake.

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, hundreth said:

Trump's entire presidency is based on overt displays of bigotry. What are you talking about?

Trump's presidency is overtly racist to anyone who has even a basic understanding of dog whistle rhetoric  (ie saying extremely bigoted things with the thinnest veneer of plausible deniability). 

We'll see what happens as Trump and the RNC adopts overt racism as it's primary campaign tactic against Harris, in place of emphasizing Biden's age and senility (let's be honest, they don't have much else to go off from other than that and sexism). Trump's base may love that, but it's likely to turn off apolitical normies who aren't already in his camp.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

1 hour ago, hundreth said:

I suggested this needed to happen weeks ago. He wasted crucial time. Now it seems we're locked into Kamala. Maybe that was part of the plan, who knows... but I don't think she's our best candidate.

It's fine. 2 weeks makes no difference here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What good poltiical analysis looks like:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

From Vlad’s bio. Very cool!!

My content is informed by my experience living with a debilitating neurological condition. I contracted it 20 years ago as a research student at Oxford. For years, I couldn't walk, talk or read. I manage this condition daily and it gives me a unique perspective on disability, the tragic element in life, as well as the beauty.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I’m surprised he feels a trump victory is so likely.

Assuming Kamala is the nominee, I’m optimistic right now about her chances. People are getting behind her.

Maybe trump still wins, but saying a trump victory is ”still very likely” seems like a bad read.