hoodrow trillson

It’s Joever

229 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Raze said:

You know what would be nuts but smart, RFK Jr. reregisters as a Democrat

I have a feeling RFK will end up teaming up with Trump or endorsing Trump.

RFK is shameless. He is not to be trusted here.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

One thing that almost never gets brought up about Buttigieg (spell it right, Leo ;)) is that he is gay and married to a man.

Pete is the best face gays could hope for as VP. Like how Obama was for blacks.

They are both impressive enough to transcend their category. Pete is not there because he is gay, he is there based on his skills and just happens to be gay, which is perfect.

Pete is perfect for that role.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Pete is the best face gays could hope for as VP. Like how Obama was for blacks.

They are both impressive enough to transcend their category.

What do you find impressive about Mayor Pete?

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

What do you find impressive about Mayor Pete?

He is an amazing communicator and he has appeal in Middle America. He is not a West Coast leftist. He has that Bill Clinton charm. He's very likeable.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He is an amazing communicator and he has appeal in Middle America. He is not a West Coast leftist. He has that Bill Clinton charm. He's very likeable.

Fair. Just listening to him talk on Bill maher felt like a breath of fresh air. Seems like a nuanced guy. He was annoying when he ran against Bernie though.

Kamala/Buttigeig feels way better than Biden. Feels young and hopeful.

I do think they could lose. Especially if it's just "Trump is Bad" like you said.

Edited by Paradoxed

Posted (edited)

What are the issues that Democrats plan to address? This is a genuine question.

Trump just tells his supporters what the issues are that need to be focused on, and they just listen, whether these issues are real or not. Like making things like immigration and abortion out to be bigger issues than they actually are.

I think the democratic party needs to behave similarly. They need to use those effective communication skills to really show how "Trump Bad", not just fear-monger Trump, and they need to focus on policy.

Edited by Paradoxed

Fuck Pete seems like such a smart guy. It’s a shame him being gay will probably hold him back from ever being Pres 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have a feeling RFK will end up teaming up with Trump or endorsing Trump.

RFK is shameless. He is not to be trusted here.

You need to watch his latest press conference from around 12 hours ago. He calls Trump out on all his shit, and acknowledges how all the people Trump would bring in are complete devils. He does an equally good job and calling the Biden admin out on all their shit as well. 

The real shame is that his own party completely blacklisted him and shut him out, denying him secret service for months and refusing to acknowledge him when he would’ve been the democrats best option at beating Trump, because it would’ve pulled everyone in middle like myself to the left. 

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

Posted (edited)

36 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

You need to watch his latest press conference from around 12 hours ago. He calls Trump out on all his shit, and acknowledges how all the people Trump would bring in are complete devils.

Great.

He does an equally good job and calling the Biden admin out on all their shit as well.

But this is the problem. Because in the end he will side with Trump over Biden. It's the same old shit that people like Joe Rogan or Krystal Ball do. They talk a bunch, and end up voting against Biden at the end of it all. I am done taking such people seriously.

Edited by Leo Gura

almost half way there boys, keep it up, in record time too, lol...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But this is the problem. Because in the end he will side with Trump over Biden. It's the same old shit that people like Joe Rogan or Krystal Ball do. They talk a bunch, and end up voting against Biden at the end of it all. I am done taking such people seriously.

I see that, but how much of it is by their own doing? It's hard to imagine RFK siding with Trump in any way if he wasn't completely cold-shouldered by the DNC from the get go. 

Edited by VictorB02

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.”  ~ Meister Eckhart

@Ishanga If you don't take seriously the elections of the country with the most powerful military force in the world I don't know what to tell you.

At least don't interfere. We're reflecting about politics and a big shift in global policies with real impact in people's life. The future of the world is at stake here, this is not empty talking, there is an importance and seriousness to this topic that you're not appreciating.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

35 minutes ago, Davino said:

@Ishanga If you don't take seriously the elections of the country with the most powerful military force in the world I don't know what to tell you.

At least don't interfere. We're reflecting about politics and a big shift in global policies with real impact in people's life. The future of the world is at stake here, this is not empty talking, there is an importance and seriousness to this topic that you're not appreciating.

I take the elections seriously when it is time to vote, for Us here in Canada our national election is next Year... But to discuss it like it is done here to Death, its overboard... I am up on World Events and Situations, I have many sources I refer to in that manner, so I know what is going on in Europe, Asia, Middle East and so forth, but in the end I as an individual cannot do anything about it, my vote and for whomever won't change a thing, the system we are involved with is very corrupt and dysfunctional on all levels, our Governments, Financial, Educational, and Health care systems are Dysfunctional, and talking about it and debating about it what to do won't change it.. This idea that my power lies in my vote and my voice is false, nothing has changed, only a grand catastrophe of sorts will make change Unfortunately, until then my main concern is my own Awareness, Health and Security and that of my Family...  

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

While it's correct to point out that US institutions are of course very flawed, people who use this as an excuse to disengage from politics are failing to understand or imagine how much worse things can and will get under a theocratic Trump dictatorship - both for Americans and for the rest of the world.

Hate what's happening in Gaza? The Christian Nationalists that Trump has allied himself with will turbocharge Israel's genocidal ambitions.

Planning on starting a family, or care about someone with a womb? Imagine them being forced to carry a non-viable fetus to term, with all the trauma and health risks that entails after abortion has been outlawed nationally.

Concerned about a declining population? That is only going to get worse as theocratic policy makes it much more dangerous to become pregnant, where necessities like education and health care become unaffordable to the point where only extremely wealthy people can afford to raise a family.

Concerned about climate change? Well, the largest economy in the world abandoning all of its commitments to transition away from fossil fuels is a near certainty under Trump and the Christian Nationalists.

Know or care about an LGBTQ person in your life? Trump is an existential danger to their wellbeing and safety. The plan is to push gay and trans people back in the closet, and strip away all of the rights they've gained in the laat half century.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

4 minutes ago, DocWatts said:

While it's correct to point out that US institutions are of course very flawed, people who use this as an excuse to disengage from politics are failing to understand or imagine how much worse things can and will get under a theocratic Trump dictatorship - both for Americans and for the rest of the world.

Hate what's happening in Gaza? The Christian Nationalists that Trump has allied himself with will turbocharge Israel's genocidal ambitions.

Planning on starting a family, or care about someone with a womb? Imagine them being forced to carry a non-viable fetus to term, with all the trauma and health risks that entails after abortion has been outlawed nationally.

Concerned about a declining population? That is only going to get worse as theocratic policy makes it much more dangerous to become pregnant, where necessities like education and health care become unaffordable to the point where only extremely wealthy people can afford to raise a family.

Concerned about climate change? Well, the largest economy in the world abandoning all of its commitments to transition away from fossil fuels is a near certainty under Trump and the Christian Nationalists 

I think the Momentum is already swing so strongly in the direction of things getting worse overall on all levels of Society on a World Scale that there is no much anyone can do, be it the President of the USA or anyone really, the world is very Insane, but this Insanity is considered Normal and it therefore accepted wholeheartedly, I'm a part of this insanity too, but at the least I know that, many many do not, that is the whole point of Spiritual Paths, to get us out of this situation and on a path of Possibility and Potential, but I don't see much hope for this world, we think we are doing better but i just don't see it, where I live things are getting worse (Toronto Canada) on a weekly basis..

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Ishanga said:

I think the Momentum is already swing so strongly in the direction of things getting worse overall on all levels of Society on a World Scale that there is no much anyone can do, be it the President of the USA or anyone really, the world is very Insane, but this Insanity is considered Normal and it therefore accepted wholeheartedly, I'm a part of this insanity too, but at the least I know that, many many do not, that is the whole point of Spiritual Paths, to get us out of this situation and on a path of Possibility and Potential, but I don't see much hope for this world, we think we are doing better but i just don't see it, where I live things are getting worse (Toronto Canada) on a weekly basis..

Being on a spiritual person doesn't mean not voting. You can be on this path while still having the awareness to vote for a logical candidate that won't destroy America.

3 hours ago, Ishanga said:

I take the elections seriously when it is time to vote, for Us here in Canada our national election is next Year... But to discuss it like it is done here to Death, its overboard... I am up on World Events and Situations, I have many sources I refer to in that manner, so I know what is going on in Europe, Asia, Middle East and so forth, but in the end I as an individual cannot do anything about it, my vote and for whomever won't change a thing, the system we are involved with is very corrupt and dysfunctional on all levels, our Governments, Financial, Educational, and Health care systems are Dysfunctional, and talking about it and debating about it what to do won't change it.. This idea that my power lies in my vote and my voice is false, nothing has changed, only a grand catastrophe of sorts will make change Unfortunately, until then my main concern is my own Awareness, Health and Security and that of my Family...  

Your vote might not be your voice, but you have power as an individual.

For example, as a consumer your buying power goes a long way. If people said enough is enough about unethical factory farming and stopped purchasing meat, they would lose money, demand would be down for the product, and you could instill real change. Or if  everyone agreed to stop working until X problem was solved in society, it would have a higher likelihood to get addressed. Don't act like you don't have power just because things are getting worse. You're part of the reason things are worse, because you think this way.

You need to take some sort of level of responsibility for how bad things are if you want to be a good human.

Edited by Paradoxed

2 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

Being on a spiritual person doesn't mean not voting. You can be on this path while still having the awareness to vote for a logical candidate that won't destroy America.

Your vote might not be your voice, but you have power as an individual.

For example, as a consumer your buying power goes a long way. If people said enough is enough about unethical factory farming and stopped purchasing meat from factory farms, those factories would lose money, demand would be down for the product, and you could instill real change. Or if  everyone agreed to stop working until X problem was solved in society, it would have a higher likelihood to get addressed. Don't act like you don't have power just because things are getting worse. You're part of the reason things are worse, because you think this way.

You need to take some sort of level of responsibility for how bad things are if you want to be a good human.

On a Basic Level I agree with You! But where I live to have to go to another store to shop and to be very picky and choose what companies I will support and not support because they are adding to the destruction of the planet or whatever, its just too much really.. I have a hard enough time getting thru a day at work, I'm mentally and physically exhausted, and getting around Toronto is the worst, traffic here is the most frustrating thing, I Know this sounds like a little thing, but it reality it is not, this city is so congested and full of construction and lack of space and such that just living here makes one exhausted on many levels, I'm not able to do my practices because of this, I can't do proper Shambhavi Mahamudra practice and asanas when I'm tired mentally/physcially, it won't work that way.. So I try to make my life less and less complicated, by picking and choosing how I bank, where I shop and such activities, although I agree with the idea of it, its not practical for me in this situation and moving away for now is not a choice..