hoodrow trillson

It’s Joever

229 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Kamala needs to come up with a policy vision. She has none at this point. What does she plan to do?

If you say that a bold progressive vision would turn off too many voters, then are you saying that she needs to promote a bold centrist vision or a bold center-left vision?

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

When the left media turned on him after the debate it was clear he was out. 

It wasn't left media who ended Biden. It was centrist politicians and donors.

Left media was just squawking into the wind, like usual.

32 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

If you say that a bold progressive vision would turn off too many voters, then are you saying that she needs to promote a bold centrist vision or a bold center-left vision?

I'm all for a bold progressive vision but I don't think she is capable of it. I would be surprised to see any vision at all other than "Trump bad man".

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Hatfort said:

An open convention concerns me. The nomination shouldn't get too long and it shouldn't become a bloody fight either.

My concern is the same. The timing is gonna be crucial and the democrats need to be mature and to unite around the winning candidate.

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm all for a bold progressive vision but I don't think she is capable of it. I would be surprised to see any vision at all other than "Trump bad man".

She has to message herself as representing a new generation of leaders who will fight poverty and fight for liberty and social justice for all. Then, she can implement specific proposals in her message such as:

- Codifying Roe vs. Wade into law

- Fight for raising the federal minimum. The current Poor People's Campaign, which since 2018 has been a revival of the late 1960s Poor People's, has been lead by black activists leaders in many parts of the country.

- Continue with promoting the revival of the boom in the labor movement. Sentiment for labor unions is still at an all-time, especially after what Biden has done for unions, working class, and middle class folk in America.

- Fight systemic racism in the criminal justice system. She has immense experience in that area as a top state attorney general of CA, former US Senator of CA, and VP who has worked alongside Biden and the DOJ.

- Pass a Code of Ethics law that would have enough real teeth to hold SCOTUS accountable.

- Cancel more student debt to help the younger generations of folk succeed in life.

- Build more housing to significantly accessibility and affordability of housing for people.

- Lower costs of more prescription drugs

- Continue fighting corporate greed and excessive corporate power

- And much more

Her slogan should be called either "The Great Reconstruction era" or "The New Democracy" or "The New Democratic Republic" or "New Liberty and Justice"

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

I agree, but the time for that was 3 or 6 or 12 months ago.

At this late stage in the game it's a logistical impossibility

As AOC correctly pointed out, people think that this election is in November - when in actuality, the first ballots need to finalized by September.

Additionally, changing candidates from Harris to anyone else would make it extremely likely that the election would be decided by the MAGA Supreme Court, since Republicans have been readying a bevy of 'lawfare' for this possibility.

In the United States, the deadline for a political party to finalize its presidential and vice-presidential candidates can vary by state, as each state sets its own ballot access deadlines. Generally, these deadlines fall between late August and early September in the year of the presidential election.

To provide a specific example, in 2020, the latest deadlines for submitting candidates for the general election ballot were around early September. However, to avoid any issues, parties typically aim to finalize their tickets well before these deadlines.

Kamala will surely win and save America

37 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am already disgusted with those politicians and donors who stabbed Biden in the back. If Trump wins because of this, they I hope that all those vultures will come to sorely regret it and pay a massive price for it!

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I am already disgusted with those politicians and donors who stabbed Biden in the back. If Trump wins because of this, they I hope that all those vultures will come to sorely regret it and pay a massive price for it!

No one stabbed Biden in the back. Biden needed to step down.

This is the best news of the last year.

Relax. We have a great chance of beating Trump.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

You are overestimating the incumbency advantage.

Biden was not going to beat Trump. Kamala is a better option at this point

9 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

They didn't stab him in the back, they supported him more than it was prudent due to his age, but when it was evident it wasn't only the age, but his condition, and what he was projecting to the citizens whose votes he needed, or his capability to win in other words, only then they took the reasonable position to ask him to step down.

The race has to be won yet, but with Biden it was already lost, so no regrets.

19 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

We would've had a great chance had Biden decided to resign to let Harris take over as president. 

I really hope that I am wrong.

19 minutes ago, Paradoxed said:

You are overestimating the incumbency advantage.

Biden was not going to beat Trump. Kamala is a better option at this point

Do you have a successful track record of prediction elections?

Are you even a top expert in politics or history or hard science?

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

Biden would not have dropped out if dozens of top experts weren’t telling him he can’t win 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I'm sure you know more than Biden's own advisors.

Edited by Paradoxed

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He won the Democratic primaries legitimately with over 87% of the vote. This is very undemocratic. The donors and so called moderate Democrats are the true selfish cowards.

Former prosecutor versus convicted felon, I like that narrative.

For VP, Pete Buttigieg seems like a strong candidate. He is sharp and quick-witted, making him a good match-up against JD Vance in a vice-presidential debate. Additionally, JD Vance's opposition to gay marriage contrasts starkly with Pete's personal life and views. However, one downside is that Pete's personal life might turn off some potential independent voters, as there is still a lot of bigotry in this country.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

He won the Democratic primaries legitimately with over 87% of the vote. This is very undemocratic. The donors and so called moderate Democrats are the true selfish cowards.

No it isn’t. They didn’t have debates, the candidates didn’t even get townhalls on major outlets, multiple states just cancelled the primary. Polls showed that the majority of democrats wanted him to drop out.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/abc-news-ipsos-july-survey

Edited by Raze

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

That was before the masses realized how brain dead he is.