Javfly33

Is Prana the same as Air/Oxygen?

83 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is Prana the "Mystical" name for what we call in western society just the "Air"  we Breath?

Or is Prana the Discovery that air is Life itself? Infinity itself?

If Prana is Life Energy, and Energy or Life is Love or Infinite non duality, then, are we inhaling actually "Love"?

Is what is going through your nostrils actually the Love that "others" are exhaling?

You might be Inhaling the Love others are exhaling and you are exhaling the Love that others inhale.

@Keryo Koffa

Edited by Javfly33

I have experienced yogic pranic breathing that didn't involve air in lungs. Why do we breathe? For energy exchange, well that process can be done also without breathing. Though I was in an extremely radical state of consciousness.

It felt like breathing without air, like I could breath the energy of existence itself and that was enough to sustain the body.

I was in God Consciousness when this happened, although it's a very well documented yogic attainment. It was a cool experience, I recommend it. Breaking the limit of air breathing is a mind bending experience to have.

Breathing can also stop altogether in some states, you continue to exist just fine, when it's necessary breathing comes back on it's own accord. So don't force yourself back to breath, it's a common newbie error, if breathing is leaving you, let it go and when it comes back, even if it's an hour after, you lovingly welcome it back.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

First let us examine the role of the breath relative to prana. The breath does serve to keep the prana or our life force in the body and feeds it. This is much like how food is necessary to develop and feed the tissues of the body. Breathing is the main function of the prana to sustain our physical life.

Prana derives from various external sources starting with the air taken by the lungs, the movement of the breath. This action of breathing is the main and most immediate life function we have. If a person fails to breathe, life cannot be sustained for very long afterwards.

We take in pranic life energy from our various openings or orifices in the head. These include the eyes, ears, nostrils and mouth. Air is taken in through the nostrils, sensations through the eyes and ears, food and beverages and air through the mouth.

The mind is also connected to these senses and brings in the life energy of words, emotions and thoughts, which includes that through human contact at a mental level. The breath also energizes the senses and mind and promotes digestion. We also take in life energy from the skin and the sense of touch that covers the entire body. The breath is only one part of this, though central in its function.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

I would say Prana is manifested Life, but its very subtle, not as Gross as Blood for example or O2, and its not just O2, it can be many things like the food we eat which comes from the Earth, Earth has prana in it and we can absorb it that way as long as it is quality Food coming from Quality Earth or Soil..Sunlight and other forms of Light are Prana too I would say, some Yogi's do not eat at all, and they breath very few times a min, maybe once if that, they can still go on...

Its not Love, its a grand form of the Intelligence that allows everything that is in Manifested form to exist, this intelligence is within everything we see and ourselves, some call this Nature,,

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

No. But if you maintain the practice you're doing for 2,5 years approx without missing any day, you may start to feel something vibrating inside the body. Something completely new that was never there before. 

It's going to feel like this

Gohan-Beast-Form.jpg

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

Very interesting replies @Salvijus @Davino @Ishanga @MarioGabrielJ I have the intuition there is a lot of profoundness still to discover in this aspect of Air and Breath 

@Salvijusdefinetely i need to Keep the practice going Regularly It Only gets more interesting

Edited by Javfly33

I remember swimming underwater in a pool when I was a kid. I had just found these real neat swimming goggles that let you see so clearly underwater. The pool had lights too so the underside of the pool was gorgeous, you could see light streaming in from the surface of the pool in this shattering glimmer of a way that captured my attention so fully that I basically forgot to come up for air to breathe when I usually would. In that moment, I felt reality change. Everything became lighter, bouncier, more colorful, like a mystical wonderland. I even remember gasping for air underwater. But something saved me that day.

Brains Do Not Exist 

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Salvijus have you been to any of those advanced programs?

Not samyama, no. 

Another slow motion demo of the power of chi. 

23 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

What the hell is this? Lol. I dont understand anything 

Posted (edited)

Prana is more like a hyperdimensional electromagnetic force that sustains life in your body. The further you go into authentic meditation, the more the floodgates of prana open into your being. Like Davino mentioned, this can even culminate in so much life-giving energy that the need for breathing practically stops. Coincidentally, I believe this physiological energetic reaction also explains why some people feel like their breathing has stopped on heavy 5meo doses. It's a similar concept to when you're sleeping at night and your heart rate and respiration gradually slows. This flooding of restorative prana is likely the reason humans and animals need to sleep at all.

Things get wackier the more you get into it. This same electromagnetism comprising prana can no doubt be harnessed in the technology of a sufficiently advanced people. Different variations of prana can produce different effects. An example would be the anti-gravity characteristics displayed by UFOs. This of course has very interesting implications if you consider what it means humans themselves are capable of.

If it's confusing that I'm claiming all of this is possible, and yet you've never heard of or seen anybody who can do it, I agree lol. I don't know why this is so well hidden from the populace. Life on earth is very strange indeed.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

What the hell is this? Lol. I dont understand anything 

:D maybe it's not the time to understand yet. But basically he's projecting his chi/prana into another person. 

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

As a Long Time Martial Artist, most of this sort of stuff is BS, if that was possible, and it may be possible, then the receiver would react more than what he is there, if Chi is bioelectric then the shock would mess up his nervous system, plus these sorts of demo's can be so faked its unreal, and I think one would have to be very dedicated and specific about their Sadhana to use prana/chi like this, don't think this guy has done it lol...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

9 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

As a Long Time Martial Artist, most of this sort of stuff is BS, if that was possible, and it may be possible, then the receiver would react more than what he is there, if Chi is bioelectric then the shock would mess up his nervous system, plus these sorts of demo's can be so faked its unreal, and I think one would have to be very dedicated and specific about their Sadhana to use prana/chi like this, don't think this guy has done it lol...

Mhm.... 

atsisiųsti.jpeg

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

I don't know what to say about the authenticity of this particular video, because it seems goofy that some random fella on the streets would be doing it, but the ability to kind of "shock" people with prana/chi/whatever is one of the capabilities I've understood to be real.

1 minute ago, What Am I said:

I don't know what to say about the authenticity of this particular video, because it seems goofy that some random fella on the streets would be doing it, but the ability to kind of "shock" people with prana/chi/whatever is one of the capabilities I've understood to be real.

The Adam guy I have heard of him, he's an "Internal" Martial Artist I think, does stuff like Tai Chi, Bakua, Hsing I, Chinese Internal arts that focus more on so called Chi, but in reality it is very specific Body Structure and Mechanics, its not rocket science but its very sophisticated methods of utilizing Your Body better so that you can get power from 1" away or even when touching Your opponent, you don't need space to make power happen, its already loaded in Your body via the Structure/Mechanics, like a loaded spring ready to pop, this has nothing to do with mysterious Chi flowing and one becoming a Jedi Knight lol..

9 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

mysterious Chi

You're too attached to your understanding of reality that chi doesn't exist or that it can't manifest the way it did in the demo. Otherwise you'd be much more neutral and open minded about it with a curiousity to investigate into the possiblity of it being true. 

15 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

The Adam guy I have heard of him, he's an "Internal" Martial Artist I think, does stuff like Tai Chi, Bakua, Hsing I, Chinese Internal arts that focus more on so called Chi, but in reality it is very specific Body Structure and Mechanics, its not rocket science but its very sophisticated methods of utilizing Your Body better so that you can get power from 1" away or even when touching Your opponent, you don't need space to make power happen, its already loaded in Your body via the Structure/Mechanics, like a loaded spring ready to pop, this has nothing to do with mysterious Chi flowing and one becoming a Jedi Knight lol..

This is just hard cope energy.