creativepursuit

Should I fear God?

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In Fear Chapter 2, Leo mentions that you should be terrified of your self with Capital S 'Self' because it is acceptance of everything Terrorism, Poor, Wealthy etc.

Yet later, he mentions that any religion that teaches fear of God is corrupt. Since God = Self = Universe, I am a bit confused.

I am inclined to think that Fear of God is accurate and that we should fear God. Am I wrong?

Edited by creativepursuit

Posted (edited)

Do you fear yourself? There is no difference between the Big S and the Little S. And no you should not fear God. 

Edited by Jehovah increases

Posted (edited)

If god is everything,  then it means you fear some aspects of god (the suffering)but not the pleasant parts. So it’s not one or the other .

Edited by Sugarcoat

2 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

If god is everything,  then it means you fear some aspects of god (the suffering)but not the pleasant parts. So it’s not one or the other .

Funny I know of some people who would not even know what the word suffering even means

1 minute ago, Jehovah increases said:

Funny I know of some people who would not even know what the word suffering even means

How come

5 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

How come

As my Brother once said the only thing you learn from suffering is you don't have to. You are not here to suffer unless you want to. Op was not asking that question.

6 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

As my Brother once said the only thing you learn from suffering is you don't have to. You are not here to suffer unless you want to. Op was not asking that question.

Depends on what kind of suffering all of it is not one’s own responsibility. Suffering is in a way built into the human design

1 minute ago, Sugarcoat said:

Depends on what kind of suffering all of it is not one’s own responsibility. Suffering is in a way built into the human design

Do you mean by built into the human design by having pain receptors? How do you mean it's not one's own responsibility?

9 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

Do you mean by built into the human design by having pain receptors? How do you mean it's not one's own responsibility?

that is one of them. But also how the human ego works with its attachments and identifications come with suffering. Ofc there’s always potential to reduce it and that is each persons responsibility to at least try but it’s not fully on the person that they suffer 

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

that is one of them. But also how the human ego works with its attachments and identifications come with suffering. Ofc there’s always potential to reduce it and that is each persons responsibility to at least try but it’s not fully on the person that they suffer 

The human ego is also God's ego. Leo wrote this Be aware of how psychologically dangerous it is to strip all meaning from your life. The consequences of a total loss of meaning in your life are much more serious in practice than they seem in theory. Without self-constructed meaning, there's very little reason to live, unless perhaps you're massively Awake.  I can verify this 100% and what would be even worse is if you started losing emotions. Or imagine a universe without any emotions but only hate and fear.

6 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

The human ego is also God's ego. Leo wrote this Be aware of how psychologically dangerous it is to strip all meaning from your life. The consequences of a total loss of meaning in your life are much more serious in practice than they seem in theory. Without self-constructed meaning, there's very little reason to live, unless perhaps you're massively Awake.  I can verify this 100% and what would be even worse is if you started losing emotions. Or imagine a universe without any emotions but only hate and fear.

I agree but it’s not really that related to what I wrote. But it’s fine 

@Jehovah increases In theory, yes, the difference is imaginary, but I am not enlightened or have lived in a highly conscious state for a long time. So, I keep coming back to my lower self and to the real world.

I feel I should be terrified of God, who is capable of doing magic if he wills, including changing my heart to pursue enlightenment. Maybe he will block my heart, and I will go back to mundane reality and grind. 

19 minutes ago, creativepursuit said:

@Jehovah increases In theory, yes, the difference is imaginary, but I am not enlightened or have lived in a highly conscious state for a long time. So, I keep coming back to my lower self and to the real world.

I feel I should be terrified of God, who is capable of doing magic if he wills, including changing my heart to pursue enlightenment. Maybe he will block my heart, and I will go back to mundane reality and grind. 

You don't have to be terrified, but every activity of yours will get balanced. I don't know if you should be terrified of that. 

Fear can be useful, you should be terrified if you commit a selfish crime, as it will prevent you further from committing the crime, and hence prevent the balancing act which many popularly call as suffering.

There is nothing to Fear but Fear itself.

21 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

There is nothing to Fear but Fear itself.

Exactly

4 hours ago, Sugarcoat said:

Ok you mean by having fewer attachments you suffer less?

7 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

Ok you mean by having fewer attachments you suffer less?

That wasn’t my main point but its probably true yes. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, creativepursuit said:

You already are enlightened and whatever you choose to do is up to you. Just don't hurt yourself or others. God will always love you for just being you. What  I strive for is what I have on my signature below. 

2 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

That wasn’t my main point but its probably true yes. 

Fair enough that's up to you. I know why God dreams. Have fun🙏

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, creativepursuit said:

In Fear Chapter 2, Leo mentions that you should be terrified of your self with Capital S 'Self' because it is acceptance of everything Terrorism, Poor, Wealthy etc.

Truth is terrifying for the ego because it will obliterate everything ego cherishes so much. That's probably what Leo meant. 

Edited by Salvijus

If you identify with the body, self esteem issues will be inevitable.