Gennadiy1981

A city where all drugs are legal

36 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

And is very interesting that the very one person that was bringing polarization and bias to Israel Palestine topic, end up changing the topic. Is like when we are in a conversation and we notice we messed up so we change the topic to avoid deal with our BS. Just saying hehe. Lets see how much neutrality we can keep in this drug topic. Old habits die Hard.

He is actually way more conscious than you are. 😀

expecting Israelis and Jewish people to not be biased on Israel is ridiculous. 

The interesting thing is when the Biden downfall hit, after the debate, its was some of the main posters on those threads, from both sides, that had similar takes on trump/biden. I personally felt after such division, that common ground was found, via a different topic. 

People are allowed to think differently to you. Blindly following anyone, is stupid. 

1 hour ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

I agree with you, and the whole war on drugs leaves a bad taste. Look for criminal justice system like when people commit theft, burglary, physical assault, yes they should be prosecuted accordingly and really should to keep society in tact. But when someone carries substance for personal use just to have fun and not hurting anyone, why should they get in trouble, that I don’t understand.

Alcohol is allowed, that’s way worse to me. 

26 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

Alcohol is allowed, that’s way worse to me. 

Yes for sure alcohol and Tobacco are much worse, they have side effect on the body can cause cancer. I know someone will try to argue with me on that as usually happens, but I don’t bite that. The reason those are legal is because there is a big lobby on that and a lot of money is involved.

9 hours ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

And is very interesting that the very one person that was bringing polarization and bias to Israel Palestine topic, end up changing the topic. Is like when we are in a conversation and we notice we messed up so we change the topic to avoid deal with our BS. Just saying hehe. Lets see how much neutrality we can keep in this drug topic. Old habits die Hard.

You can’t compare things. Please understand the other topic is where I am personally involved and I have a skin in the game and fine I admit I have biases because to some extent my personal survival is at stake. You can say many theories and they are all nice but when it comes to practice it all collides. And look all of us have biases and I am sure you also have biases. 

But regardless of our differences on one topic we may have a lot of similarities on others. But that’s the entire point is to hear other opinions and takes. I think the worse thing is to be among like minded people because they will only boost your ego. We have the right to disagree and it’s not about one convincing of another, we can still have our opinions at the end of the day. I bet you, if this forum was open only to one type of opinion group, it would become so boring as everyone would think the same and every topic posted, people would just reply with thumb up and nothing else. I used to stay in one community with all like minded people, at first it was fun as like everyone supports your view; but such eventually deteriorates where everyone becomes yes men.

19 hours ago, mrPixel said:

I live in a city where all drugs are decriminalized. Portland, OR. This city has become a complete shit show. The hope was that people would be able to get help rather than being locked up for non-violent drug offenses. What actually happened is that homeless people and cartels flocked here from other states/cities to take advantage of the situation. Most on the street don’t want to get clean, they want to maintain the same lifestyle without risk of being locked up. People openly smoke fentanyl on the streets, tent cities have erected everywhere, crime has skyrocketed. Businesses have shut down and people have moved away to get away from the crime. 

Last I heard, we were going to recriminalize drugs, but I don’t know if that was the final decision and if so when that might happen. I’m in support of this decision but it would be nice if we were allowed to keep our psychedelics. 

This reminds me of how Amsterdam allegedly attract sex trafficking since prostitution is legal there. I have a theory that when you decriminalize something that is criminal in most countries then that can create an opportunity for bad actors to capitalize on.

35 minutes ago, Basman said:

This reminds me of how Amsterdam allegedly attract sex trafficking since prostitution is legal there. I have a theory that when you decriminalize something that is criminal in most countries then that can create an opportunity for bad actors to capitalize on.

Not true. Prostitution has been decriminalised in my state, in Australia, for 45 years. Brothels have been legal since 1988. Nothing bad happened. It is illegal to live off the earnings of a prostitute tho, and you can’t cause or induce sex work. 

Prostitution is a natural part of any society. It’s as old as the bible. 😀

Posted (edited)

How's Portugal going on the legalization of Drugs? I am joking of course. It would make a good case study though. 

ESl_PoGXsAI6l9S.jpg

Edited by Jehovah increases

4 hours ago, Basman said:

Yes, I was talking to my friend about this today. One reason why the Oregon experiment failed is because they didn't have the support of the rest of the country. This was not a nation-wide effort like how it was done in Portugal so it was very easy for the bad actors to move across state lines. If this was a nationwide effort there would not have been a mass relocation of people from all over the country.

8 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

Not true. Prostitution has been decriminalised in my state, in Australia, for 45 years. Brothels have been legal since 1988. Nothing bad happened. It is illegal to live off the earnings of a prostitute tho, and you can’t cause or induce sex work. 

Prostitution is a natural part of any society. It’s as old as the bible. 😀

Sex trafficking is illegal everywhere. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen and Australia doesn't seem to be an exception there: https://www.afp.gov.au/news-centre/media-release/human-trafficking-reports-continue-increase-australia, although to a lesser degree compared to other places.

24 minutes ago, Basman said:

Sex trafficking is illegal everywhere. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen and Australia doesn't seem to be an exception there: https://www.afp.gov.au/news-centre/media-release/human-trafficking-reports-continue-increase-australia, although to a lesser degree compared to other places.

Didn’t say sex trafficking doesnt happen, it’s a global issue. Making prostitution legal didn't exacerbate the problem. 

1 hour ago, Merkabah Star said:

Didn’t say sex trafficking doesnt happen, it’s a global issue. Making prostitution legal didn't exacerbate the problem. 

Amsterdam is much more accessible geographically than Australia with poorer countries in close vicinity like East-European countries.

7 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

Don't drag Australia into your infantile games.

Speak for yourself. If you talk to me with this accusatory language out of the blue I will block you.

Interesting proposition.

It reminds me of Hamsterdam from the Wire Season 3.

The closest thing we have to it, is Amsterdam in Netherlands.

When I was there you had access to all types of weed, LSD and Shrooms/Truffles.

Also in Netherlands you can go to ayahasca retraits.

In terms of legalizing cocaine or heroin I am a little less enthusiastic.

Especially heroin, which can become addictive very very fast and is deadly.

Cocaine I never tried but I find it more ok to be used due to it not being so addictive and requiring a big ass amount to die from it.

Lets face it, tons of rich people use cocaine.

Now for the city to work, you need 2 components.

1. It needs to be on a developed city (society wise). Stage Green is the bare minimum. Stage Yellow would be ideal. I would put Amsterdam quite green.

2. The surrounding areas need to be also somewhat developed and also not easy to smuggle the powerful drugs. 

So although it is a good idea it can only be done at certain parts of the world.

Lastly, It is very important for a spiritual roadmap to exist and be easily accessable.

It is often the case that people try these drugs, including shrooms, yet they do not really grow from them.

They see it as a fun hallucination experience and nothing more.

They miss all the spiritual and metaphysical components that a deep trip can do.

It would be amaizing if in these cities you could hire experienced trippers to guide you during your trip.

I did that with a friend who is very spiritual and the trip was life changing in terms of inner growth.

But that is not really the case with most people that took it.

What do you think?

9 hours ago, Basman said:

Amsterdam is much more accessible geographically than Australia with poorer countries in close vicinity like East-European countries.

Australia has south east Asia in its region. 

8 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

When I was there you had access to all types of weed, LSD and Shrooms/Truffles.

Also in Netherlands you can go to ayahasca retraits.

In terms of legalizing cocaine or heroin I am a little less enthusiastic.

Especially heroin, which can become addictive very very fast and is deadly.

Cocaine I never tried but I find it more ok to be used due to it not being so addictive and requiring a big ass amount to die from it.

Lets face it, tons of rich people use cocaine.

Now for the city to work, you need 2 components.

1. It needs to be on a developed city (society wise). Stage Green is the bare minimum. Stage Yellow would be ideal. I would put Amsterdam quite green.

2. The surrounding areas need to be also somewhat developed and also not easy to smuggle the powerful drugs. 

So although it is a good idea it can only be done at certain parts of the world.

Lastly, It is very important for a spiritual roadmap to exist and be easily accessable.

It is often the case that people try these drugs, including shrooms, yet they do not really grow from them.

They see it as a fun hallucination experience and nothing more.

They miss all the spiritual and metaphysical components that a deep trip can do.

It would be amaizing if in these cities you could hire experienced trippers to guide you during your trip.

I did that with a friend who is very spiritual and the trip was life changing in terms of inner growth.

But that is not really the case with most people that took it.

What do you think?

Are you sure they sell LSD, I have been to many countries but never ever saw it in store, yes I saw mushrooms; also I believe they outlaw mushrooms but only allow to sell truffles which is sort of diffent and they do not consider mushroom for some reason. Now as far as Ayhuasca goes, honestly, I think it’s now either legal or semi legal or even quasi legal pretty much everywhere. They have plenty of Ayhuasca retreats in USA and now in Israel, but I heard other countries as well now, because they go under ceremonial usage which sort of claim that it’s for religious reason. Though many people go there to get high, to be honest, but the beauty of Ayhuasca you may go there for any Kent trip but you come out as a different person, because it shows you what you need and not what you want. I have been to number of ceremonies and I see many people go in just for a high but when they come out is a life changing experience. 

as far as legalizing heavy stuff vs medium stuff, I actually had the same argument with someone but they made good point that I have not thought off. Like I am also in that category I say don’t criminalize psychedelics of course and party drugs like MDMA, Molly, Ecstasy, 2CB and etc but coke and heroin and crack for sure. But the person said that the reason I say is because those are dead to me and the others I don’t take, so he accuse me of being personally biased. And he is right on that, yes I use psychedelics for personal growth and I will admit I love going to festivals and obviously, sparingly I do take party medicine (I don’t want to call them drugs lol), and while I tried coke (was dating a model one time and it’s not a secret that they all on coke), but did few times (well little bit more than few) but staying away from it, so for me personally don’t care if they are band or not but I see his point. So if I had vote I would probably vote for legalizing everything. I am not a fan when government baby sit us, I may be naive and many will disagree with me, but I still believe people are mature and they can make their own decisions for their lives, and it’s all a learning curve.

But @Leo Gura made a point that in general people are not ready for it. It’s like start teaching awakening in school, most will not be ready but only for those who reach maturity can get there.