Leo Gura

Warning: Cracking Down On Low Quality Political Posting

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I see too much low quality political posting here. What I mean by low quality is shamelessly biased takes, factually under-informed takes, low quality social media content, conspiracy theories, etc.

If I see that you are consistently doing that, over and over again, for months, your account will be downgraded to remove permissions to post to the Politics sub-forum.

If you wish to post in this sub-forum I better see that you are able to restrain your biases, not just using this forum to vent them out. Admittedly this is a very subjective call, but in some cases it's obvious when someone is here to spread biased and low quality political takes.

This includes shameless apologetics for Zionism and Trumpism, trying to downplay or deny the obvious wrongs of these political movements.

I will attempt to be less biased in my posting too, so that this is not just about pleasing my biases. I do not like dictating what are the right political takes.

In general, I ask that you improve the quality of your political posts and think twice about whether your post adds something of value to the discussion at all, or don't post it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, PRai1ND1A said:

How are these people born? Blind and stupid. 

Do not engage in ableism. 

Fun fact: July is Disability Pride Month ;)

Edited by Yimpa

Related post:

Posted (edited)

If I am being biased, you guys can point that out.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Of course, it's the greatest pleasure to point your bullshit:D

Hope you can ruthlessly do the same with me;)

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Thank you, Leo - been disappointing to see so many low quality takes on what's supposed to be a Conscious Politics Forum, especially considering the gravity of ongoing events.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If I am being biased, you guys can point that out.

You are being super biased on this topic, as others have stated. But it is your forum, you make the rules and steer the narrative. So that is fair enough. Doesn’t mean you are right. 

Edited by Merkabah Star

Posted (edited)

lol, Oh Leo… I hope my political posts have been alright by your standards.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Husseinisdoingfine

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Can we please receive a text warning and explanation of what is wrong with the post and how to change it to make it quality before we are removed 

2 minutes ago, Raze said:

Can we please receive a text warning and explanation of what is wrong with the post and how to change it to make it quality before we are removed 

There are times to be explicit and times to be implicit. 

I see too much low quality political posting here. What I mean by low quality is shamelessly biased takes, factually under-informed takes, low quality social media content, conspiracy theories, etc.

If I see that you are consistently doing that, over and over again, for months, your account will be downgraded to remove permissions to post to the Politics sub-forum.

If you wish to post in this sub-forum I better see that you are able to restrain your biases, not just using this forum to vent them out. Admittedly this is a very subjective call, but in some cases it's obvious when someone is here to spread biased and low quality political takes.

This includes shameless apologetics for Zionism and Trumpism, trying to downplay or deny the obvious wrongs of these political movements.

I will attempt to be less biased in my posting too, so that this is not just about pleasing my biases. I do not like dictating what are the right political takes.

In general, I ask that you improve the quality of your political posts and think twice about whether your post adds something of value to the discussion at all, or don't post it.

Can you give an example post of 'shameless apologetics for zionism or trumpism?' 

Youve basically called Trump satan several times, its an over-exaggaration and huge bias that is hard to reconcile. The whole of politics is totally fucked, capatilism itself is fucked, all our institutions are fucked, all media is fucked. 

We are just arguing about degrees of self-serving, or types of self-serving that aligns or misalign with our own self-interests

I support a crackdown.

17 minutes ago, bambi said:

Can you give an example post of 'shameless apologetics for zionism or trumpism?' 

You can see plenty of examples of it in the Israel-Gaza thread. The same people relentlessly making the same excuses for Israel.

You can see plenty of examples of it in the Israel-Gaza thread. The same people relentlessly making the same excuses for Israel.

I would say names but many must know them already. This is what happen when we have anonymity in a Forum.  Not so different that a Reddit Forum, with the exception that here there are some moderation to keep things in check.

The problem with banning certain views is it ends the chance for them to change their mind. I’ve seen people in this forum change their minds and deradicalize through dialogue. Had they been banned it may not have happened.

1 minute ago, Raze said:

The problem with banning certain views is it ends the chance for them to change their mind.

The people I ban have no interest in changing their minds. Which is primarily why I ban them.

Just now, Raze said:

The problem with banning certain views is it ends the chance for them to change their mind. I’ve seen people in this forum change their minds and deradicalize through dialogue. Had they been banned it may not have happened.

Some are repeating the same excuses for months and months. When enough is enough?

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The people I ban have no interest in changing their minds. Which is primarily why I ban them.

Most people take years to change their mind on deeply held beliefs. 

It’s not like people here are MAGA trumpers. It’s a very moderate counter to the left side of US politics. For the  sake of conversation and topic flow it shouldn’t be snuffed out entirely, where people have to tread on egg shells. 

Conscious politics should be mature enough to withstand moderate takes on any topic. Stepping back from emotional reactions of left and right is the way. One sided only, is just that, one sided and not conscious politics. 

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Merkabah Star said:

It’s not like people here are MAGA trumpers. It’s a very moderate counter to the left side of US politics. For the  sake of conversation and topic flow it shouldn’t be snuffed out entirely, where people have to tread on egg shells. 

Conscious politics should be mature enough to withstand moderate takes on any topic. Stepping back from emotional reactions of left and right is the way. One sided only, is just that, one sided and not conscious politics. 

I welcome conservatives who are principled enough to call MAGA out on its flagrant corruption and hypocrisy. 

Not making excuses for Trump, or downplaying the existential threat that Project 2025 and the Christian Nationalists pose to American democracy is the low bar I would expect someone to clear for a Conscious Politics forum.

Preserving US democracy takes precedent over any other differences we may have.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/