integration journey

Why is LSD so tricky?

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

On 23/7/2024 at 8:42 AM, Ero said:

LSD is also fairly brutal for me (starting at around 300 ug). I enjoy the trips, because they are very humbling and consciously expanding, but I feel exhaustion after each one. I have had far more blissful and cosmic experiences on shrooms. I think it comes down to the molecule and dose. 

Take LSD/Mushrooms/DMT whatever, all feel the same for me. Sit. Go monkey mind, overthink, for hours and hours. My mind is so agitated I am not able to stop it. I can´t be in silence, meditate, focous on the body , focus on the present, I can´t stop the neurosis.

Last time I took 600 ug LSD, even worse than 300 ug. More daydreaming. I want to go beyond the ego-mind but I get the opposite, my mind is more active and crazy than ever...

That´s my experience everytime I take psychedelic, a lost of time and slighlty disgusting.

Edited by RedLine

@RedLine That is very interesting. Mushrooms and LSD are very different for me, Haven't tried DMT yet, trying to get my hands on it.

From my experience Mushrooms are very magical, almost archetypal in their imagery and messages. I have had hallucinations of serpents, pyramids, my ancestors, whilst simultaneously the experience being very blissful.

My first mushroom trip was 2g, which I barely remember, same as the 5 g I did a year later. All my other mushroom trips were in the 1.5-3 g range with extremely positive impact, meta-awareness, ego death and the sort. I  They feel good only when I am in nature. 

LSD I have probably around 20 trips, the lower doses of which are 150-200 ug and the higher doses being 250-350 ug. The lower doses are perfectly manageable, with great insights into cognition, science and technology. LSD is very cerebral and sharp for me. The sharpness gets stronger towards the higher doses.

For some reason my last 4-5 trips on LSD were all chaos-like. For the first of them I made the mistake of having watched Horror (Evil Dead Rise) and researching the sigil Solomon mythos, which backfired. The subsequent ones were very much geared towards the realizations of the sheer Chaos in Consciousness. The analogy I have is that most of the nature documentaries show only the butterflies, colorful birds and puffy animals, but don't show the parasites, hornets and all the murder and death that is part of the cycle of life, the latter of which was essentially where my trips were forcing me to look at. Wouldn't call any of the latter trips 'bad', but they were definitely humbling. So much so that I haven't tripped on LSD in almost a year and I am lowkey anxious to take the one tab I got rn. 

@integration journey Okay I ask because LSD is more of an extrospective drug and mushrooms introspective 

I’m more introverted so I actually prefer LSD. Helps me connect with the more outward going side  

Yeah I dont find all of this distinctions at all lol! LSD simply has a broader receptor profile and fuller experience to me. Theyre both similiar, except LSD more broad, which feels more stable to me. Psilcybin is similiar though, seems more focused then LSD in certain areas

It's strongly dopaminergic.

The devil is in the details.