Hardkill

Should I stay in America if it has become too corrupt and too undemocratic?

324 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Spiral Wizard said:

Think about it. Why would it be aggravating or depressing? Only because it triggers unprocessed pain in you

If MAGA hasn't aggrivated or depressed you, you haven't realized how corrupt it is.

It's easy to not be aggrivated or depressed by remaining uninformed about corruption, or even gleefully participating in it, which is what most people do.

Owen Cook is a good example of that in this case.

If you understood how truly corrupt the world is, you would be severely depressed. That's not a mistake. Corruption is the elephant in the room which no one dares to look in the eyes.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Progressives and centrists will fight back and regain power.

How can you count on that when we seen a number of times in US History when it has always been extremely difficult for the Democratic party hold together their entire diverse coalition since approx. the late 1970s?

We saw how the party got divided and weakened in 2016 after Bernie Sanders lost the nomination to Hillary Clinton, which contributed to her losing that election.

Even right now, the moderates and the liberals/progressives in the Democratic party are really ruined their chances in 2024 by fighting amongst each other like never before.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

How can you count on

Because Trumpism cannot work. It must fail on first principles. His devilry will fail in the end. It's only a question of how, not if.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because Trumpism cannot work. It must fail on first principles. His devilry will fail in the end. It's only a question of how.

No, I get that, but the Democratic party often times can't get it together because the party has too many different interests and a large bloc of moderate/conservative leaning Dems who a lot of times can't along well with the more liberal/progressive Dems. 

They are already royally screwing it up for themselves for the 2024 elections with the fighting and major conflicts they have going on with each other right now. They are recreating the same situation that lead them to lose in 2016!

This is exactly what Trump and MAGA wants! In fact, this has always been one of the main reasons the Republican party wins more elections than it should. The GOP, especially Trump, has always know how to exploit this weakness to their advantage.

Edited by Hardkill

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

No, I get that, but the Democratic party often times can't get it together because the party has too many different interests and a large bloc of moderate/conservative leaning Dems who a lot of times can't along well with the more liberal/progressive Dems. 

They are already royally screwing it up for themselves for the 2024 elections with the fighting and major conflicts they have going on with each other right now. They are recreating the same situation that lead them to lose in 2016!

This is exactly what Trump and MAGA wants!

In the short term MAGA might win.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

In the short term MAGA might win.

No, I get that. 

but as long as the moderate/conservative leaning Dems and the more liberal/progressive Dems can't ever put aside their differences to unite together as one truly strong party that would have a real shot to end the MAGA madness, then how can they ever defeat them for good?

I am really ashamed of the Democratic party and the level of incompetence they are displaying right now.

Lichtman really was right about how Democrats play whiffle ball, while Republicans know how to play hardball.

Edited by Hardkill

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Being the light does not require you to fight head-on. You fight just by not letting yourself get corrupted.

I really like this quote. It reminds me of growing up in a dysfunctional family full of crime. I knew my family was a bad example and I wanted to be different for them. In these types of family it is common for the cycle of crime to be repeated in the children. Children grow up to become criminals by participating in their parent's crimes. I wanted to be better than them, and this was my way of fighting.

@trenton Who you consider family is not set in stone.

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

No, I get that. 

but as long as the moderate/conservative leaning Dems and the more liberal/progressive Dems can't ever put aside their differences to unite together as one truly strong party that would have a real shot to end the MAGA madness, then how can they ever defeat them for good?

That's sorta what happened with Biden in 2020, the democratic candidates all dropped out and coalesced in support of Biden after seeing Bernie had such a good chance... that was too much of a real threat to power.

Joe Biden was always just such a terrible option, most people saw this from a mile away.

Bernie should come out of his trance and run against Trump last minute . But I bet dumb liberals would still think he's too radical. He's closer to the cult of personality you would need, someone similar to Trump in that way but with a much higher level of awareness.

Once I have this degree, I'm going to look into getting a work visa and moving to Canada.

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Dems can't ever put aside their differences to unite together

They will once they get a taste of MAGA madness.

I don't worry about Dem unity. They will unite once we get past the open question of Biden. Right now we have an open question with Biden and that's healthy and okay.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Paradoxed said:

Bernie should come out of his trance and run against Trump last minute . 

I love Bernie, but the answer to everyone's concerns about Biden being too old, is not to pick someone even older.

16 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

I love Bernie, but the answer to everyone's concerns about Biden being too old, is not to pick someone even older.

Bernie, Trump, and Biden are all similar in age. It's more Biden's obvious dementia than age I think

Let's dig up the corpse of George Washington.

4 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

I live in Mexico/Brazil and I love it. Cheap, warm, hot chicks 

Maybe the OP can move in with you? 😀

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Let's dig up the corpse of George Washington.

xD

Who do you think the democratic party will get behind Leo? Kamala Harris?

Can Kamala Harris become the next President? 

I'm all positive vibes + kundalini energy 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They will once they get a taste of MAGA madness.

I don't worry about Dem unity. They will unite once we get past the open question of Biden. Right now we have an open question with Biden and that's healthy and okay.

If Biden drops out of the race without resigning the presidency to let Harris be president, then the Democrats will lose the invaluable incumbency advantage and cause a really bad shitshow.

All of that will influence many voters to not for whoever becomes the new Democratic nominee on the ticket, because the people will perceive the Dems, who hold the White House, as being a party that is in such disarray that they can't even governing the country well.

That's a big reason why Nixon won the 1968 presidential election and why Reagan won the 1980 presidential and why Trump won in 2016.

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Democrats will lose the invaluable incumbency advantage

There is no incumbency advantage now. Dems are best off with a clean slate to wash out the bad taste of inflation and Gaza.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

They are still living like savages in the Amazon. Be ware of romanticizing primitive people. They have a lot of development to do just to reach the stage of MAGA devils.

As bad as neoliberals are, they are still better than African governments.

That's because they are kept underdeveloped by the neoliberals for extracting cheap resources and labour.

Neoliberal style capitalism is the biggest reason for why they are underdeveloped, more factually kept as such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_republic

Rest of the "developed" world are vassal states of the US and the "underdeveloped" world are living by exporting goods and services to US at cheap rates.

So unless you are willing to spend in $$ to take advantage of purchasing power parity, moving anywhere doesn't make sense. It will cost more to move and get established in the new place. The whole "democratic death spiral" thing isn't going to affect you in the slightest way for sure.