Hardkill

Should I stay in America if it has become too corrupt and too undemocratic?

324 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Hardkill In the big picture, going through this corrupt phase in American politics is necessary in order to clean out the system.

Think of it like popping a pimple. But this pimple takes 20 years to pop.

Trump is bad in the short-term but good in the long-term because his shameless corruption exposes the corruption of everyone who sides with him. He implicates everyone who supports him and the entire system. He is a litmus test for integrity and higher values.

Eventually everything Trump stands for will fail and get disproven. But it will take a long time.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

27 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

The latter actually keeps you stuck in the noise, isn’t it?

Unfortunately, yes.

Also, the Supreme Court really has let us down by letting a tyrant take charge of the country because all they care about is ruling the country through a theocratic Republican regime.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill In the big picture, going through this corrupt phase in American politics is necessary in order to clean out the system.

Think of it like popping a pimple. But this pimple takes 20 years to pop.

But if Trump gets to effectively become a dictator starting on day one and he will have full command of the most powerful military in the world, the FBI and the law enforcement won't be able to stop him, the Supreme Court will never stop him, and the Dems in Congress who are too feckless and never fight back like hell?

Even when Trump passes away and another radical right-wing authoritarian like possibly DeSantis or Vance take his place as the future king of America, who will be able to stop those monsters?

Plus, the propaganda of the right-wing media ecosystem is still too strong!

Too many Americans don't give a shit about what the hell is going on in our country. 

Right now, it's extremely difficult for me to see how any of these factors change fast enough to save our country before it's too late if Trump becomes a dictator.

Even you said all of this recently yourself.

So, what can be done from a practical standpoint in such a dark dystopian scenario?

Edited by Hardkill

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Even you said all of this recently yourself.

Do not blindly believe what you hear! 

Just now, Yimpa said:

Do not blindly believe what you hear! 

You know, I am not sure what to totally believe now with all of this countless misinformation and extremely deceptive information out there like never before.

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, PRai1ND1A said:

Their crimes make me hate them

Hate is part of the integration process.

There is much to hate about life.

Learning how to cope with that consciously is the spiritual work.

Edited by Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Trump is bad in the short-term but good in the long-term because his shameless corruption exposes the corruption of everyone who sides with him. He implicates everyone who supports him and the entire system. He is a litmus test for integrity and higher values.

Eventually everything Trump stands for will fail and get disproven. But it will take a long time.

but why does it matter when about half of the entire country about forgotten about how horrific Trump was in office? Why do so many Americans no longer give a damn about his monstrosity anymore?

Even after he's dead most people are going to forget about everything he did and go back to being the ignorant fools that they've always been and elect another radical right-wing authoritarian or disastrous right-wing president.

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

But if Trump gets to effectively become a dictator starting on day one and he will have full command of the most powerful military in the world, the FBI and the law enforcement won't be able to stop him, the Supreme Court will never stop him, and the Dems in Congress who are too feckless and never fight back like hell?

Even when Trump passes away and another radical right-wing authoritarian like possibly DeSantis or Vance take his place as the future king of America, who will be able to stop those monsters?

Plus, the propaganda of the right-wing media ecosystem is still too strong!

Too many Americans don't give a shit about what the hell is going on in our country. 

Right now, it's extremely difficult for me to see how any of these factors change fast enough to save our country before it's too late if Trump becomes a dictator.

Yes, that could happen.

But remember, even Hitler was defeated in not too long. This kind of stuff is ultimately unpopular, unsustainable, and unAmerican.

At least 50% of Americans will resist it and fight back.

So, what can be done from a practical standpoint in such a dark dystopian scenario?

Be the light in the darkness.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Why do so many Americans no longer give a damn about his monstrosity anymore?

Because they are ignorant, selfish, and corrupt.

Most American don't even follow political news, so they don't even know about Trump's corruption.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, that could happen.

But remember, even Hitler was defeated with not too long. This kind of stuff is unpopular and unsustainable.

Be the light.

Wait, but why is that kind of stuff unpopular to most Americans if all of those ideas or policies aligns with the fact that most Americans are tradition-oriented and are ignorant, selfish, and corrupt?

How can I be the light if I don't have the resources or the manpower or the charisma to fight back?

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

How can I be the light if I don't have the resources or the manpower or the charisma to fight back?

Being the light does not require you to fight head-on. You fight just by not letting yourself get corrupted.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Being the light does not require you to fight head-on. You fight just by not letting yourself get corrupted.

Okay, it's one thing to keep my integrity, but people can't just survive and thrive on morals alone. 

So, why is that kind of stuff unpopular to most Americans if all of those ideas or policies aligns with the fact that most Americans are tradition-oriented and are ignorant, selfish, and corrupt?

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

why is that kind of stuff unpopular to most Americans if all of those ideas or policies aligns with the fact that most Americans are tradition-oriented?

People are asleep politically. Once they get a feel of the consequence of Trumpism they will start to wake up.

Trumpism is a toxic but loud minority position. A loud toxic minority is trying to capture and rule the majority.

Many Americans are traditional, but not in this toxic Trumpist way. Trumpism is hijacking those traditional values and seducing people into evil. Many people will get seduced, but eventually they will wake up by seeing the horrible consequences. And also because progressives and centrists will fight back and regain power.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

People are asleep politically. Once they get a feel of the consequence of Trumpism they will start to wake up.

Trumpism is a toxic but loud minority position. A loud toxic minority is trying to capture and rule the majority.

Many Americans are traditional, but not in this toxic Trumpist way. Trumpism is hijacking those traditional values and seducing people into evil. Many people will get seduced, but eventually they will wake up by seeing the horrible consequences.

Oh I see. So, it's because over the past 3 and half years now Trump hasn't been in the political spotlight much and Biden and the Dems greatly reverse so much of the damage Trump caused to people during his term. Biden and his party made historic progressive changes for this country. So, a lot people have forgotten how horrible Trump was as president.

Also, you're saying that most Americans either lean conservative or are staunch conservatives, they still aren't as reactionary or aren't as extreme to the right as Trump, MAGA, or racist hate groups are.

Now, at the same time, why do most Americans like all of the center-left or left-wing policies that have been implemented throughout US History when most Americans are traditional, selfish, corrupt, and ignorant?

Edited by Hardkill

1 minute ago, PRai1ND1A said:

Thanks a lot ❤️❤️❤️ I would say it's the best video I have ever seen in my life. 

Post your affirmations in the right thread please:

I'll share something I posted elsewhere, because a quick an overview of the Banality of Evil is highly relevant for our current moment:

"[They] did not know before 1933 that Nazism was evil. They did not know between 1933 and 1945 that it was evil. And they do not know it now [in 1946].”

― Milton Sanford Mayer, They Thought They Were Free: The Germans, 1933-45'

In Weimer Germany's last free elections, not everyone casting ballots for the Nazis would have described themselves as a Nazi, and a lot of them didn't have any particular animosity towards Jewish people.

What was far more common was that folks saw some personal advantage to throwing their lot in with vengeful nationalists, and were willing to downplay and excuse the monstrous things that Hitler and the Nazis were saying and doing at the time - just as people today are willing to downplay Trump's violent hateful rhetoric, his numerous crimes, the January 6th insurrection, and the Republican Party's ongoing coup attempt.

Likewise, the vast majority of Trump supporters don't think of themselves as fascist enablers, but what they fail to recognize is that today's fascism couches itself in traditional American values, weaponized against out-groups within American society - just as Nazi fascism marketed itself in traditional German values, weaponized against the out-groups of its day. 

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Posted (edited)

Do you think civil war is possible whether or not trump is elected eventually? Who would be the opponents? When would it happen?

Edited by LittoDitto

11 minutes ago, PRai1ND1A said:

It's an antidote to my hatred and anger.

The core challenge of being God is that you are forced to accept everything, Infinity. And there are many parts of Infinity which are too horrific for you to accept.

That's what LOVE is about.

Maybe move to another country. Costa Rica is cheap for Americans. 

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

I thank you for your support. 

Though, it's very hard for me to see what I can do if not enough people are willing to listen to the right things because too many Americans have are too ignorant and too complacent. Not to mention, how can someone like me effectively cut through all of the noise of terrible misinformation out there in this day and age, particularly when I don't even have resources that a rich person or a successful business has to get out the message?

Plus, what if Trump uses his newfound power as president to suppress all dissent?

If Trump uses his newfound power then we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Right now he has not been elected. So we need to do what we can, within reason, to prevent that.

It’s not like you have to do it all. You are one tiny ant that is part of a gigantic colony.

You have like .000000000000001 percent responsibility.

Just find a particular role that seems useful. Maybe just talk to family and friends about who they are voting for. Maybe post on social media. Maybe make calls or canvas for Biden.

I’ve done political canvasing before. It’s not glamorous but it still needs to get done.

And then of course there is the obvious task of voting. Yes, voting matters. Even if that’s all you do, you at least contributed.