Hardkill

Should I stay in America if it has become too corrupt and too undemocratic?

324 posts in this topic

America has become one of the most corrupt and one of the most undemocratic countries developed countries in the world. If Trump win in 2024, then America will be just like Hungary, if not possibly become as corrupt and authoritarian as Russia is.

During the last several months, I was becoming increasingly more hopeful about the possibility of our country really being on its way to become a more free, more democratic, and more egalitarian kind of country.

Now, I am feel this great sense of impending doom for our country and for my own safety here in America if Trump wins.

I've tried many times to stop watching the news, but I really can't help myself, especially given how terrifying and insane things have now gotten.

I've really become so sick to my stomach about this whole 2024 election.

I really have become disgusted with all of the current media outlets out there who have been fucking with our elections by how they've influence too many people idiots and corrupt people in our country to vote the wrong way. I really hate the media environment we have had for years! It will be the death of us all!

I am angry about the wealthy and corporate elite who are doing everything they can to take over this country with their money and power, while still being aware of how much more and more people in our country are still struggling to rent or buy a home. 

Hell, I am becoming frightened now about our freedoms and rights being possibly gone under a Trump dictatorship.

Even what Leo has recently been saying about what Trump, MAGA, the radical right-wing federal courts, and the rest of the right-wing plan to do with this country through project 2025 and their continuing erosion of our country's democracy and republic, makes me feel we could lose our whole country to true hard right fascists!

So, why should I or anyone else who lives in the USA want to stay in America?

Why should I as an America truly feel proud of my country if we keep letting our country getting lead and governed by more and more and more corrupt people in power?

😱 

Posted (edited)

Life's a balance of emotions and logic. You have your emotional fears, but you also have your emotional ties too to consider.

Logically, you must ask yourself: do my life's plans work better in America or another country? Have you visited these countries? If not, that's a good first step: spend time away from tourists and get to know the locals. Every country has its pros and cons, research them, ask about them, etc.

America is full of drama on its media to the point its comical if you step back from it. So definitely having some time away from the TV or screen would be a good idea before you make a major decision. Don't forget these emotions or bury them but at the same time put them in the context of your life.

Edited by BlueOak

1 minute ago, BlueOak said:

Life's a balance of emotions and logic. You have your emotional fears, but you also have your emotional ties too to consider.

Logically, you must ask yourself: do my life's plans work better in America or another country? Have you visited these countries? If not, that's a good first step: spend time away from tourists and get to know the locals. Every country has its pros and cons, research them, ask about them, etc.

America is full of drama on its media to the point its comical if you step back from it. So definitely having some time away from the TV or screen would be a good idea before you make a major decision. Don't forget these emotions or bury them but at the same time put them in the context of your life.

I have visited the UK, France, Italy, Mexico, Israel, and a few others.

I really wouldn't live in Israel or in Mexico. I am thinking about possibly living in the UK or Canada, but I am really not sure because yes every country has its pros and cons.

I really don't know.

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I am thinking about possibly living in the UK or Canada

What do you do for work? Are you able to just move around?

America is still one of the most developed regions in the world. You could always move to a more Liberal city in a more Liberal state.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

8 hours ago, Hardkill said:

America has become one of the most corrupt and one of the most undemocratic countries developed countries in the world. If Trump win in 2024, then America will be just like Hungary, if not possibly become as corrupt and authoritarian as Russia is.

During the last several months, I was becoming increasingly more hopeful about the possibility of our country really being on its way to become a more free, more democratic, and more egalitarian kind of country.

Now, I am feel this great sense of impending doom for our country and for my own safety here in America if Trump wins.

I've tried many times to stop watching the news, but I really can't help myself, especially given how terrifying and insane things have now gotten.

I really have become disgusted with all of the current media outlets out there who have been fucking with our elections by how they've influence too many people idiots and corrupt people in our country to vote the wrong way. I really hate the media environment we have had for years! It will be the death of us all!

I am angry about the wealthy and corporate elite who are doing everything they can to take over this country with their money and power, while still being aware of how much more and more people in our country are still struggling to rent or buy a home. 

Hell, I am becoming frightened now about our freedoms and rights being possibly gone under a Trump dictatorship.

Even what Leo has recently been saying about what Trump, MAGA, the radical right-wing federal courts, and the rest of the right-wing plan to do with this country through project 2025 and their continuing erosion of our country's democracy and republic, makes me feel we could lose our whole country to true hard right fascists!

Why should I as an America truly feel proud of my country if we keep letting our country getting lead and governed by more and more and more corrupt people in power?

😱 

Dude you need to grow some balls right now.

Democracy is not a given. It’s something that needs to be fought for. How do you think we got democracy in the first place?

You have some of the better political takes on this forum. Do not waste that. We actually need people who are informed and who care about these issues right now.

8 hours ago, Hardkill said:

😱 

What CNN does to a mf 🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

Yeah, go to a poor country, you will love it.

Edited by Recursoinominado

You're being overdramatic, whoever wins the world is in for a shitshow, of course i would still move out of US, but not so much because of politics but because of enviroment, go to Ecuador or something, South American non-cartel areas are nice, New Zealend is always cool too@Hardkill

How has americas corruption and undemocratic elements effected you personally? 

54 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

You could always move to a more Liberal city in a more Liberal state.

Thats what I did. Most liberal cities are expensive though, you need to have money to live comfortably

Why not make a change where you already live? 

9 hours ago, Hardkill said:

😱 

Dude, you need to accept that most people in america are not ready to evolve. I have similar feelings tbh. Trying to stop watching the news is tough. I know I'm trying to do that as well, but you really need to cut off some news sites who are not helpful to you. Like me for example, I stopped watching TYT & other left populist channels because they want Trump to win & they don't what the fuck their talking about. Listen to people on the left who are decent & don't make you lose your shit. 

I heard great things about California, you could always move there.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

10 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I heard great things about California, you could always move there.

My super conservative relatives live in California while I’m in Texas. Life is weird.

9 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I have visited the UK, France, Italy, Mexico, Israel, and a few others.

I really wouldn't live in Israel or in Mexico. I am thinking about possibly living in the UK or Canada, but I am really not sure because yes every country has its pros and cons.

I really don't know.

You can defend your country from the inside or outside if it goes bad. If the cost of staying may be high, I would understand you leaving. But don't rush into a decision yet, don't stress about it more than needed.

Canada is very close, and has universal healthcare. Israel is in economic trouble at best, and on the brink of a war at worst. Europe, I don't know, I don't see very good times ahead.

@Hatfort Where do you live, if you don’t mind me asking?

26 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

@Hatfort Where do you live, if you don’t mind me asking?

I live in Spain, I was born here.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, aurum said:

Dude you need to grow some balls right now.

Democracy is not a given. It’s something that needs to be fought for. How do you think we got democracy in the first place?

You have some of the better political takes on this forum. Do not waste that. We actually need people who are informed and who care about these issues right now.

I thank you for your support. 

Though, it's very hard for me to see what I can do if not enough people are willing to listen to the right things because too many Americans have are too ignorant and too complacent. Not to mention, how can someone like me effectively cut through all of the noise of terrible misinformation out there in this day and age, particularly when I don't even have resources that a rich person or a successful business has to get out the message?

Plus, what if Trump uses his newfound power as president to suppress all dissent?

Edited by Hardkill

Just now, Hardkill said:

how can someone like me effectively cut through all of the noise of terrible misinformation out there in this day and age, particularly when I don't even have resources that a rich person or a successful business has to get out the message?

The latter actually keeps you stuck in the noise, isn’t it?