Sempiternity

Biden dropping out

129 posts in this topic

https://www.timesofisrael.com/biden-could-drop-out-of-presidential-race-as-early-as-this-weekend-report-suggests/+

Adam Schiff, US House Democratic leader Hakeem Jeffries, US Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, even Obama, all asking him to step down, it's over.

If he stays in, Trump wins.

IMO, with some new blood, to invigorate people's excitement in the election, by maybe having a somewhat decent candidate to choose from, we have a chance.  

Question for those that closely follow this election:

1) Who do you think is a good candidate?

2) Who do you think will actually get the nomination?

3) What chances do you think we have in turning around an entire presidential campaign with a new candidate to be able to win in less than 4 months?

1) My top choice would be Gavin Newsom. Second choice, Pete Buttigieg.

2) They'll give it to Kamala Harris. I think this is a bad choice. They'll go with it because it's safe, but she's unpopular and not very likable in general, so it's a mistake imo. 

3) Hard to say. I think a new fresh candidate could blow up in the race, if done properly. It'd no longer be a race between a dementia patient with one foot in the grave, and a dictator that will destroy the country. With a good candidate, it could install some faith back in the process, some excitement back into the race, give some hope, and turn the tides. 

@Sempiternity

16 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/biden-could-drop-out-of-presidential-race-as-early-as-this-weekend-report-suggests/+

Adam Schiff, US House Democratic leader Hakeem Jeffries, US Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer and former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, even Obama, all asking him to step down, it's over.

If he stays in, Trump wins.

IMO, with some new blood, to invigorate people's excitement in the election, by maybe having a somewhat decent candidate to choose from, we have a chance.  

Question for those that closely follow this election:

1) Who do you think is a good candidate?

2) Who do you think will actually get the nomination?

3) What chances do you think we have in turning around an entire presidential campaign with a new candidate to be able to win in less than 4 months?

Even with a new candidate I think it's likely Trump migbt win. Trump surviving is a sign, Biden getting Covid-19 again at the worst possible time is a sign, even most of Biden's administration and Obama begging him to drop out and how most people took that event in Twitter and how vile some lefties were joking about the assassination and the death of one of the fathers protecting his child, all is a sign from GOD that he wants Trump to likely win and show us how crazy the left are in the internet, he really wants the Americans to either change the government into a more limited democracy or seriously reflect and do what the Yogis do and surrender...

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

all is a sign from GOD that he wants Trump to likely win

If I catch you saying something like this again, I am banning you.

I've had enough of your nonsense.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Sempiternity said:

2) They'll give it to Kamala Harris. I think this is a bad choice. They'll go with it because it's safe, but she's unpopular and not very likable in general, so it's a mistake imo. 

I get the sense they ain’t gonna let all that money go to waste so they’ll pick Kamala. I agree she is a bad choice. The Rs seemed to have an easy time properly demeaning her in the past and she isn’t able to articulate good points much better than Biden. So many people wouldn’t vote for a woman and so many wouldn’t vote for her skin color and so many wouldn’t vote for her party. But then again, many would, I just have a feeling the numbers aren’t there. 

Posted (edited)

It would be amazing if Gavin somehow ran. He would wipe the floor with Trump and Trump fears him the most.

Kamala is iffy, but better than Biden.

Republicans will find a way to demonize anyone, so that doesn't really matter. They invent their demonizations out of thin air. It's just their propaganda machine. They turn it on anyone Dems elect.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

It would be amazing if Gavin somehow ran. He would wipe the floor with Trump and Trump fears him the most.

Glad you think so too. He's smart, articulate, knows his history, knows American government policies, he's an endless wealth of facts and information. Just watch him in this video. This is no script-written teleprompter speech. This is him just talking about what he's passionate about. He's just damned impressive imo. 

Posted (edited)

Sounds a bit speculative to me at this point still.

I responded to the debate debacle by saying people should let it go. The time frame didn’t seem realistic to me and there didn’t really seem to be anyone else who was a stronger candidate. Also, from an optics POV it looks kind of weak if Biden just drops out immediately after the debate. Trump would trash him for that.

Ultimately though, if the Dems feel they would have a better shot with someone else than I support it. I do appreciate the 4 year run Biden had but the future matters the most.

The most important thing is that the candidate is able to unite the left. No more complaining about how this person isn’t good enough. No more RFK or protest vote nonsense. No more false equivalencies with Trump. No more “can’t it be anyone else?”.

Unite and fight. That’s what is needed right now. 

Edited by aurum

Posted (edited)

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It feels likes its too late in the game for him to to enter 

Edited by Zen LaCroix

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Zen LaCroix said:

It feels likes its too late in the game for him to to enter 

The only thing in his way is Kamala.

It's just a function of how vigorously Dem leadership shuts the door on anyone but Kamala.

Will Dems leave some wiggle room for choice or will they back Kamala 1000% like stubborn mules?

Edited by Leo Gura

Kamala might do ok. Trump isn’t a definite win even tho it’s looking promising at times. 

Kamala needs rebranding and better writers. She needs to just be herself and let people feel her. Roe v Wade is a gift for a potential female president to run on, it could just get her over the line. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The only thing in his way is Kamala.

It's just a function of how vigorously Dem leadership shuts the door on anyone but Kamala.

Will Dems leave some wiggle room for choice or will they back Kamala 1000%?

Looks like a factor is when he drops out. If before the nomination, the delegates could pick another candidate. Otherwise, the Democratic congressional leaders recommend the replacement, and the Democratic National Committee votes on that replacement. It'd be good for their cuase to do it before the nomination. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/data-graphics/biden-drop-out-presidential-race-election-flowchart-rcna161440

Gavin will probably run in 2028.  Or VP if Kamala takes over.

Kamala would beat Trump IMO.  She’s too memeable and is equally as “silly” as Trump, just in the opposite direction.

Trump took an L in choosing JD Vance as his VP.  Trump’s line up looks anemic and washed up.  Even with his assassination attempt boost lol

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Trump took an L in choosing JD Vance as his VP.

Disagree there. Vance is perfectly on-brand for Trump voters. A white successful male stage Orange bullshitter who they aspire to be like.

Trump is appealing to the insecure immature vain male voter.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Disagree there. Vance is perferly on-brand for Trump voters. A white successful stage Orange bullshitter who they aspire to be like.

I’m not saying it isn’t on brand, it’s just too weak and safe of a choice.  Coming from the already boring snoozefest that was Mike Pence, he needed someone more radical.  It couldn’t be Vivek because the GOP is racist as fuck.  JD Vance has an Indian wife so you know some people there absolutely hate it — he’s been getting roasted about it on social media by actual right wingers 

What a shitshow lol 

2 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

it’s just too weak and safe of a choice.

Disagree.

It's a bold choice. Safe would have been some woman or minority.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Disagree.

It's a bold choice. Safe would have been some woman or minority.

I also disagree.  You got it backwards.

Let’s be real here lol:

He would never pick a woman or minority.  Not for his base.  If he did that, that would be considered bold and would send an earthquake though the political sphere and get him elected lol.

Guaranteed win if he appointed a Russian. ;)

3 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Coming from the already boring snoozefest that was Mike Pence, he needed someone more radical.

Maybe that's part of it. But also consider that the problem for Trump wasn't that Pence was a snooze fest. It was that Pence certified the election.

JD Vance solves that problem. He will likely do whatever Trump wants.